Echo - Shindaiwa and Echo - Echo question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the Echo pro saws I've seen are made in Japan- 501p, 620p, 7310p. And I'm pretty sure the 590 is as well.
I thought the 590 was marked “Assembled in USA”. ? Doesn’t make much difference… the 590’s are proven machines.

I have an older CS370 made in Japan but my new Shindaiwa 402s is “Assembled in USA”. The parts are marked “Made in Japan”. Wonderfully durable little saws.

I thought the 590 was marked “Assembled in USA”. ? Doesn’t make much difference… the 590’s are proven machines.

I have an older CS370 made in Japan but my new Shindaiwa 402s is “Assembled in USA”. The parts are marked “Made in Japan”. Wonderfully durable little saws.
My 620p, 355T, and 2620 pole saw are all made in Japan. So is my 17 year old cs400. But I wouldn't doubt that some have also been made here in America, to include the 590.

My Shop has had dozens of this brand thru the door. Most service is the common thread; bad fuel = fuel system re-build. Beyond that, either the Shindaiwa OR ECHO Pro models are always stamped as built in Japan. Those units are Stihl-level quality.

USA built products suffer in quality across the board; many come out of the box, stamped "R". for re-cond.

Echo CS501P is not the same as Shindaiwa 492s.
Echo CS501SX is 100% made in Japan and is the same as Shidaiwa 501SX. Echo CS501P is probably made in the USA and has the same features (parts) as Echo CS501SX.

CS590 is the lightweight version of CS621. The carburettor and the ignition module are different.

Echo is above Husky ... Husky is not what it used to be. I know the 550PXP that failed at 9 hours. I don't know the Echo 501/590/621.

Echo CS501P is not the same as Shindaiwa 492s.
Echo CS501SX is 100% made in Japan and is the same as Shidaiwa 501SX. Echo CS501P is probably made in the USA and has the same features (parts) as Echo CS501SX.

CS590 is the lightweight version of CS621. The carburettor and the ignition module are different.

Echo is above Husky ... Husky is not what it used to be. I know the 550PXP that failed at 9 hours. I don't know the Echo 501/590/621.
The Shindaiwa 492 is akin to the CS490 Echo. They do port well but they are turds stock compared to the 501/4910 echos.

Can I jump in here with a question? I have heard somewhere that you can put a coild for the 620 onto a 590. Does anybody know if that will work? Not trying to really gain much, but need to replace the ignition anyway.

Cs590 light weight??? That 621 must be made from concrete because the 590 is far from light for its displacement and power…
Yes,light but light version not light weight ! Please read carefully what I write! There is a huge difference between weight and version!

5501 is professional for Echo and 4910 is solid but professional for Husski/Stihl .

As for place of production: all current and former ECHO chainsaw engines are casted, machined and pre-built in Japan.
Plastic cased saws get "married" with the US made chassis while mag cased stuff comes already pre assembled.
All I know is both my Timber Bear and my CS top handle both state on the serial number label, 'Made in Japan'. I also have a Tanaka top handle that was made in Japan (but no longer made). I believe Tanaka was absorbed by Makita but I could be wrong.

A typo. Sorry I did not catch it. Even sorrier to have offended you. Maybe you should get out more. Basement air can be unhealthy.
I don't have a basement, crawl space. You didn't offend me at all. One nice thing about this Lenovo laptop and the new windows is the built in spell checker. If I butcher a word, it tells me and shows the correct spelling, does punctuation as well.

I really don't like Windows 11 but I'm stuck with it.

Makes me look educated even though I'm not well, HS graduate in 1967, 2 year stint in the Navy and then a T&D apprenticeship and I never used it. Drove big trucks for 40 years and retired.

Lot of people use their cell phones to access sites. I cannot, my 73 year old fingers don't work that well anymore.

Many years before!
A forum is a public place, like the roads. Anyone can go on the roads as long as they respect the set of rules. The same with the forums.

Here, in Europe, Echo products are 30% more expensive than in America and are difficult to find in certain regions. In forestry, they use Husqvarna/Stihl/Makita and only by chance Echo. In our country, there is only one dealer and no Shindaiwa. ..Husky/Stihl/Makita distributor in small towns as well.
Also, the vast majority of dealers in America only ship nationally, but you can find that out only after you've registered, placed the order... they gently inform you that they can't ship to the indicated country - that's how you find out that they only ship nationally! Too bad about the lost time

Latest posts

Back