echo vs. stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahnertree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I love stihl chainsaws and they have always performed well for me. The main reason is up in WI, MN its really cold and my stihl starts and stays running with just 2 or 3 pulls everytime. I'm now starting to climb trees and as many of you know, its a pain in the butt when you get up there and your saw quits and wont start again. I've tried Homelite top handle arbor saw.. it sucked I've tried a poulan.. it sucked. I don't have a lot of money for a $400 stihl aborist saw. I heard Echo saws are pretty good. Is this true? I'm sick of garbage saws that end up wasting my time and money. Should I try an Echo? Anyone out there recommend them or not???

i have used echos alot and would take a stihl anyday for comercial work,
i dont know the price difference but if its not much then strech out and buy stihl you just cant go wrong,
if you are not cutting often and there is a reasonable price difference then go with the echo its a good saw, just keep the side cover cleaned regular at the end of each day as they clog up and bits break and jam ,

Latest posts

Back