echos?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indy99

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Still working on my Poulan 245a, but am considering a new saw just for parts availability! Probably looking for a 60-70cc range for a 20" bar or so. I haven't seen a lot of posts regarding Echos compared to Stihls or Huskys. How does their quality rate compared to the competition? There is a dealer just down the road from me.......I was thinking about the model 670.

Thanks, Scott

Still working on my Poulan 245a, but am considering a new saw just for parts availability! Probably looking for a 60-70cc range for a 20" bar or so. I haven't seen a lot of posts regarding Echos compared to Stihls or Huskys. How does their quality rate compared to the competition? There is a dealer just down the road from me.......I was thinking about the model 670.

Thanks, Scott

But the STIHL. The Echo is
Engineered
Cheap
Highly
Overated

Believe it or not in the last year I've seen 4, yep FOUR CS360 Echos self-destruct on the job, scoured and rattly piston in every case. Meanwhile the Husky and Stihl keep marching on regardless as usual. Echo have the cheek to market their nasty inferior junk as suitable for commercial use. What a joke!

Believe it or not in the last year I've seen 4, yep FOUR CS360 Echos self-destruct on the job, scoured and rattly piston in every case. Meanwhile the Husky and Stihl keep marching on regardless as usual. Echo have the cheek to market their nasty inferior junk as suitable for commercial use. What a joke!

I'm not trying to muddle the water or anything, but no saw is immune from self destruction. I know this first hand with that highly rated Husky 359. I have used the CS360 and found it to be easy to start and performed the job well. One difference to consider is the Echo comes with a five year warranty, for whatever thats worth.

Can't win with Echos any which way, sort of 'disposable' plasticy type chainsaws, I'm sure some are from China even, now that's stooping low because cheap slave labour and all and you're still payin' big money for junk saws down here. Don't even get me started on the cost of spare parts

There are better saws for sure for professionals, but you did not say what you are cutting and how much. If you are just a few cords a year firewood cutter, you do not need 60-70cc saws for that. It doesn't hurt, but it's not necessary. Echo 670 is reliable and has a good warranty, but for me is a little
"awkward" feeling, it's front heavy. What are you going to use it for?

I wish i rode the short bus

If you are looking for a Excellent firewood saw with a 20" bar then go with a Cs-520 and do a muffler mod.

I do believe that the Stihl and Husky short bus is getting overcrowded. Just like every manufacture the all have a chink in there armour somewhere. so if anyone feels the need my JAP EL-CHEAPO Cs-520 will Cut cookie for cookie with those top of the line indestructible Stihls, Huskys:greenchainsaw:

Can't win with Echos any which way, sort of 'disposable' plasticy type chainsaws, I'm sure some are from China even, now that's stooping low because cheap slave labour and all and you're still payin' big money for junk saws down here. Don't even get me started on the cost of spare parts

'disposable' plasticy type chainsaws ?? You just described every saw made in the last 15-20 years by any Manf. Do you run David Bradleys and Mauls and Disstons? :confused:

No Echos are made in China

They are not big money as compared to the "big 2" where I buy my saws.

Every part I have need for mine, even if 20 years old, has been cheaper than comparable parts for my Stihls.

Maybe they sell different Echos over there than here? I like mine, they do what I expect of a saw and are the only saws I own that the chain oilers can be adjusted to put out more oil than needed instead of marginally oiling the chain when adjusted wide open. My only gripe is good dealers are spotty. That really doesn't affect me but it does affect those who need one to keep their saws running.

My CS-4400 has gotten a lot more use from me while I wait for my 359 & 372XP to return home from Ed. It starts easily, runs ok for a 44 cc saw, and has a magnesium crankcase. It is no 346XP, just a reliable saw. :popcorn:

Maybe find someone who knows how to adjust a carb Steve

I've been running echo saws for several years and have had great luck with them. They have all been easy to start and completely reliable with one exception. I have a CS-346 that, while it still runs like a champ, is very difficult to hold with both handles broken. I guess if it can't even stand up to being run over by 10,000 lb tractor, then maybe I do need to get a better saw. Any recommendations?:confused:

I have seen a few Echos being used and got to try a CS440 I liked them! A bit old school, is what I liked about them but did not like the price. Even Home Depot wanted $500.00 for that saw.

I've been running echo saws for several years and have had great luck with them. They have all been easy to start and completely reliable with one exception. I have a CS-346 that, while it still runs like a champ, is very difficult to hold with both handles broken. I guess if it can't even stand up to being run over by 10,000 lb tractor, then maybe I do need to get a better saw. Any recommendations?:confused:

My CS 670 has not been run over by a 10,000 lb tractor...I starts easy and runs great for my occasional bigger jobs. Maybe it does't meet some standards expected of the Pro's here, but it REALLY WORKS for me. It also has a great oiler...for taking out stumps.

Maybe find someone who knows how to adjust a carb Steve

Lake, you can adjust the carb on a CS360 any which way you like - set as rich as hell and runnin' 40-1 synthetic even, she'll still overheat and self-destruct:(
But of course I'm only talkin' commercial use.. the only Echo's I've seen survive more than a few months were so underpowered they were a waste of time anyway! Don't get me wrong, for casual use, an Echo (or any other brand saw for that matter) will at least still cut ...

Lake, you can adjust the carb on a CS360 any which way you like - set as rich as hell and runnin' 40-1 synthetic even, she'll still overheat and self-destruct:(
But of course I'm only talkin' commercial use.. the only Echo's I've seen survive more than a few months were so underpowered they were a waste of time anyway! Don't get me wrong, for casual use, an Echo (or any other brand saw for that matter) will at least still cut ...

Sounds like a user/operator problem, or your outfit is using bad gas or oil. In my experience the echos are pretty much bulletproof. Not the fastest or most efficient, but bulletproof if you feed them right. Please don't badmouth a brand that has a 30 year record of reliable performance. Please don't...:taped:

Sounds like a user/operator problem, or your outfit is using bad gas or oil. In my experience the echos are pretty much bulletproof. Not the fastest or most efficient, but bulletproof if you feed them right. Please don't badmouth a brand that has a 30 year record of reliable performance. Please don't...:taped:

I believe user/operator proplem fits the bill for most co. as well as your back yard op. my 520 gets used hard but cleaned daily and adjusted on an as needed basis, and it still runs like a champ.

Poke around on this site and read some of the horror stories that that tech's tell about customers and their saw. Some forget to add bar oil even worse some forget the 2-mix in the gas. So let's stop bashing the brands and look at the Tards behind the equipment.:jester:

Any saw make will become a POS in the hands of idiots. Echos are quite tough saws..................but in hands of brainless twits they last about as long as the brainless twit's attention span!!!

If you are looking for a Excellent firewood saw with a 20" bar then go with a Cs-520 and do a muffler mod.

I do believe that the Stihl and Husky short bus is getting overcrowded. Just like every manufacture the all have a chink in there armour somewhere. so if anyone feels the need my JAP EL-CHEAPO Cs-520 will Cut cookie for cookie with those top of the line indestructible Stihls, Huskys:greenchainsaw:

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:
Dream On, I have outcut that saw with an MS250 :buttkick:

Latest posts

Back