Engine Size on A Husky 435?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikocker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK so it's almost Xmas and I want a new trail saw. I've been looking real hard at the all-new 435 Husky with X-torq engine - - - primarily for it's light weight (9.33lbs), and the fact it's made in Sweden, would be great to pack in on my trail making sessions.

So I'm researching it and see that they are in stock at Lowes . . Carton says 37 ccs. No problem, didn't expect much more than that. But then yesterday I'm on the Husqvarna website and it has the 435 listed at 40 ccs????
Dig a bit further and download the owner's guide and the specs have it at 40 ccs.

Now I'm confused, so I email customer service at Husky and the not-so-swift person that responds says it's actually 45.7 ccs??!!?? WTF? Any way that person confused it with the 445 . . . . Sooo does anyone know the TRUE size of the damn engine?? Saw Troll how about you? Do you have any idea?

I'm thinking that it is probably the 37 ccs that it states on the packaging, but would just like to know for sure before I buy.

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
i would think that the owners manual would be the one to go with. owners manuals are all about that one item, so i doubt that they would put false info in it.

The 435 has a 41cc engine in it. The 235 has as 35cc engine. If you have any other questions, let me know.

-Kevin

The 435 has a 41cc engine in it. The 235 has as 35cc engine. If you have any other questions, let me know.

-Kevin

Hey Kevin - that's cool but how do you know? I know the difference between the 235 and 435 in construction and HP - I'm in no way even considering the 235. It's just that the cc thing has got me baffled - - 'cuz the owners manual (which covers the 435,440 and 445 models) has the 435 and 440 listed at BOTH having 40.9 ccs. and so does the website for that matter! The discrepancy comes in when you look at the packaging which clearly and boldly lists the 435 at 37ccs! The packaging by the way is specifically for the 435 only - not a bunch of models as Husqvarna used to do.

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
the 435 and the 440 probably have the same size cc because they have the same engines, but they are marketed differently because of construction or other optional parts.

Could Be!

the 435 and the 440 probably have the same size cc because they have the same engines, but they are marketed differently because of construction or other optional parts.

I would just like to know for sure.
One other caveat is the fact that the 440 weighs a bit more than the 435 (9.78 lbs. vs. 9.33 lbs.) so that's another reason to doubt that they have the same displacement.

Oh well.

Al :confused: :confused:

The engine sizes I am getting are off of the saws themselves. I am a dealer and I have both saws here in the store. There can sometimes be different sizes listed depending on where you look. The catalog, the internet, the 2008 pocket price guide (I carry), and on the sticker that every saw has. I gave you the sizes from the sticker on the saw. In most cases, it is the most accurate.

Thanks -

The engine sizes I am getting are off of the saws themselves. I am a dealer and I have both saws here in the store. There can sometimes be different sizes listed depending on where you look. The catalog, the internet, the 2008 pocket price guide (I carry), and on the sticker that every saw has. I gave you the sizes from the sticker on the saw. In most cases, it is the most accurate.

That's good info! I appreciate it.

Al :clap:

From Spike60 in another thread:

"435: 37CC
2.2HP
9.2lbs

440: 41CC
2.4HP
9.8lbs

Both saws come with .325 chain, and are X-torque/strato engines. They look very similar to the 445/450, but on a slightly smaller chassis. And they are of course a little lighter. The only one I've run is the 440 and I thought it was pretty good. The rep says it walks all over the 240.

The 200 series of saws is going to be expanded and will be the only saws sold in the box stores. Seems that the ability to sell a $400 saw is out of the reach of the marketing wiz's at these fine establistments. There is even going to be a cheaped up 255 rancher. (How much cheaper can you make that thing?) Dealers will have access to the 200's if they want them, (I don't), but the box stores are not supposed to get anything else. "

My experience w/ 435

My family gave me a Husky 435 as a present. They got it from Lowe's. From what I saw, it was 37cc's. It cut small stuff great and was easy to start. Nevertheless, at the suggestion of the Lowe's mgr, I took it back within the 30 day return period and got the Husky 445 which is 46cc's. So I've had both, cut with both. Liked 'em both. The 435 is a pound or so lighter, of course. It's weird how Husky's literature and website list conflicting info. NYHusky, being a dealer, would know the most of course. Still it's weird 'cause the second two digits in the model are supposed to represent the cc's, which led me to believe that the 435 was 37cc's, not 41 cc's.

My family gave me a Husky 435 as a present. They got it from Lowe's. From what I saw, it was 37cc's. It cut small stuff great and was easy to start. Nevertheless, at the suggestion of the Lowe's mgr, I took it back within the 30 day return period and got the Husky 445 which is 46cc's. So I've had both, cut with both. Liked 'em both. The 435 is a pound or so lighter, of course. It's weird how Husky's literature and website list conflicting info. NYHusky, being a dealer, would know the most of course. Still it's weird 'cause the second two digits in the model are supposed to represent the cc's, which led me to believe that the 435 was 37cc's, not 41 cc's.

The second two digits are about how many CCs the saw is. Example: The 390 is acutally 88cc and not 90. Some of the saws are a little over. Example: The 455 is actually 56cc. It is to my understand the most accurate reading for the CCs is the sticker on the saw itself.

I hope this helps a bit.

Back