EPA and saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many chainsaws could possibly be running out there, really enough to affect the environment?

It's all a scheme, don't know exactly to what end, but it is.

Why can't we live and let live anymore, someone is always regulating or taxing everything we do.

The rules that apply to us don't apply to them though. The lawmakers probably will start running their planes on 2-strokers soon enough.

CT

I didn't say HE was or is trash!
Though I would never attempt to repudiate such a claim.

I said his MOTHER and her sperm donor (in spite of his dreams) were TRASH!!!

Mike

Thats pitifull Mike, you should be ashamed of yourself, talking about dead people like that. Even so it doesn't change the facts, your beef with the EPA rests with Nixon and Bush and all that trash talk isn't going to change history, sorry ole camper but thats the way it is...

Thats pitifull Mike, you should be ashamed of yourself, talking about dead people like that. Even so it doesn't change the facts, your beef with the EPA rests with Nixon and Bush and all that trash talk isn't going to change history, sorry ole camper but thats the way it is...

I was taught from childhood to NEVER be ashamed to stand up and tell the truth!
And the facts of ones life don't change just because they die.

My beef with the E.P.A. rests with the E.P.A.

It is just another example of why EVERY government created organization should have a sundown clause.
The survival of those agencies depends solely on their being ever more intrusive and creating something to keep them in business for the future.
No matter what you do, it will never be enough!
Every year they will add or amend something to justify making themselves grow all the while reaching deeper into our pockets so they can encroach just a little more.
It is a never ending cycle fresh out of a Hollywood horror story.
The more it grows, the more it eats. The more it eats, the more it grows.

Mike

I was taught from childhood to NEVER be ashamed to stand up and tell the truth!
And the facts of ones life don't change just because they die.

My beef with the E.P.A. rests with the E.P.A.

It is just another example of why EVERY government created organization should have a sundown clause.
The survival of those agencies depends solely on their being ever more intrusive and creating something to keep them in business for the future.
No matter what you do, it will never be enough!
Every year they will add or amend something to justify making themselves grow all the while reaching deeper into our pockets so they can encroach just a little more.
It is a never ending cycle fresh out of a Hollywood horror story.
The more it grows, the more it eats. The more it eats, the more it grows.

Mike

Mike we all spit out things from time to time that we shouldn't. Instead of defending such remarks its best to just let it go.

I agree the EPA is a pain in the azz, no question on that. However all this gov stuff your referring to was going on when Nixon started the EPA, that was 1970. That was 40 years ago. Its 40 years late to be hollering now. Reagan hated the EPA and wanted to get rid of it. I think they turned around and named the building in DC they work out of the Reagan building, too funny,LOL

I'm no fan of the EPA but like I've said many times, they have won the war and all the harping in the world isn't going to change that. Harping makes radio and cable TV hosts rich but the fact remains, EPA rules over our chainsaws and thats that...

Mike we all spit out things from time to time that we shouldn't. Instead of defending such remarks its best to just let it go.

I agree the EPA is a pain in the azz, no question on that. However all this gov stuff your referring to was going on when Nixon started the EPA, that was 1970. That was 40 years ago. Its 40 years late to be hollering now. Reagan hated the EPA and wanted to get rid of it. I think they turned around and named the building in DC they work out of the Reagan building, too funny,LOL

I'm no fan of the EPA but like I've said many times, they have won the war and all the harping in the world isn't going to change that. Harping makes radio and cable TV hosts rich but the fact remains, EPA rules over our chainsaws and thats that...

Well Tom I have to agree harping wont change anything and voting wont either as , the pac's are too ingrained into our politics. Revolution is likely the only true and corrective change to the fleecing of Americans but likely wont happen.

Reagan deregulation also helped create monopolies similar to stihl, Husky and big oil. Regulation or over regulation often comes from the the most unlikely places, usually companies that can profit the most from the regulations, aka big oil and big auto manufactures. Make things too expensive or to complex for the little guys and they dropout, leaving everything for the big dogs. This comes from wall street not the white house.

I also don't down somewone because for where they come from, if I did I'd have no friends. I will attack somewone politically but not them personally, particularly if I don't even know them.:cheers::givebeer:

Last edited:
Reagan deregulation also helped create monopolies similar to stihl, Husky and big oil. Regulation or over regulation often comes from the the most unlikely places, usually companies that can profit the most from the regulations, aka big oil and big auto manufactures. Make things too expensive or to complex for the little guys and they dropout, leaving everything for the big dogs. This comes from wall street not the white house.

I also don't down somewone because for where they come from, if I did I'd have no friends. I will attack somewone politically but not them personally, particularly if I don't even know them.:cheers::givebeer:

I liked ole Reagan but Reagan had one big issue. He thought everyone was honest, no need to regulate honest people. Problem is there's too many dayummm crooks that prey upon the honest folks.

What did Bernie Madoff tell his cell mate, yup, I screwed little ole ladies out of every penny they had and he was proud of it. Too many Bernie's in this country. Thats why you have to have laws that the honest folks hate and the crooks just work around till they get caught.

Reagans biggest disappointemt he told a reporter was what, yes government grew under his watch, it did not shrink and chances are it never will, as long as the population grows so grows government, thats just the way it is...

I liked ole Reagan but Reagan had one big issue. He thought everyone was honest, no need to regulate honest people. Problem is there's too many dayummm crooks that prey upon the honest folks.

What did Bernie Madoff tell his cell mate, yup, I screwed little ole ladies out of every penny they had and he was proud of it. Too many Bernie's in this country. Thats why you have to have laws that the honest folks hate and the crooks just work around till they get caught.

Reagans biggest disappointemt he told a reporter was what, yes government grew under his watch, it did not shrink and chances are it never will, as long as the population grows so grows government, thats just the way it is...

That's because of pac,s making crime pay by giving prisoners too many rights. I say bring back the rope a swinging in the tree and crooks will think more clearly about being crooks. Many of today's problems are related to the liberal pac's and lack of testies in law. A rope could correct most of it in no time at all.

Last edited:
That's because of pac,s making crime pay by giving prisoners too many rights. I say bring back the rope a swinging in the tree and crooks will think more clearly about being crooks. Many of today's problems are related to the liberal pac's and lack of testies in law. A rope could correct most of it in no time at all.

Oh and rope is two dollar a foot and under and would cost little in comparison.

Thall's right -1972(?) Nixon created EPA, 1990 Clean Air Act -Bush sr., I live near Baltimore, one of the great industrial cities of the East coast. GM Broening Hwy plant-gone, Beth Steel formerly employed 35,000, now owned by russians and down to maybe 2000, coutless manufacturers in Baltimore are now gone, due to federal policies of both parties out to eliminate the working middle class jobs. Why is our goverment doing this??

Thall's right -1972(?) Nixon created EPA, 1990 Clean Air Act -Bush sr., I live near Baltimore, one of the great industrial cities of the East coast. GM Broening Hwy plant-gone, Beth Steel formerly employed 35,000, now owned by russians and down to maybe 2000, coutless manufacturers in Baltimore are now gone, due to federal policies of both parties out to eliminate the working middle class jobs. Why is our goverment doing this??

For power and control plain and simple.

Sorry to say, you are right to an extent - but you really can't blame what is going on now regarding two-strokes on those ol' boys!

EPA on saws didn't really take off before in the late 1990s.......

to me the epa nit picks way to much-really how much pollution does small engine equipment produce compared to to say the aviation industry?.I think the epa has done some good things, car engines have come a long ways. It just seems as though they come up with stupid ideas to justify their job.

to me the epa nit picks way to much-really how much pollution does small engine equipment produce compared to to say the aviation industry?.I think the epa has done some good things, car engines have come a long ways. It just seems as though they come up with stupid ideas to justify their job.

:agree2:

I would say it was all for the good, as long as the focus were on the issues that really make a difference - and OPE is surely not one of them!

You'll get no fuss out of me over that, I'm for hang em high if proven guilty. In fact in some cases the rope is too good. Don't know if you or anyone on here has been keeping with the news or not but there was seriall stabber in the news the past few weeks. Come to find out the SOB lived right in the little town I work in. I've been past his house many times. He's been stabbing people from Michigan all the way to Virginia and lord knows where else or how many. They know of 18 in his path, 5 died. In 09 a good customer of mine was stabbed to death in his home, this POS man lived across the street from him at the time and now police are suspecting this guy is the murderer. A killer like that the rope is too good, death comes too fast, this SOB needs to suffer abit before taking his last breath. I say take him down to the funeral home and fire up the ash maker. Ease him in feet first one inch at a time. When his feet are ashes ease him in a few inches more. That would make would be murdering stabbers think twice. Hell I bet knife sales would hit rock botton overnight.

Here's the link of the story I'm talking about. Jamie Lane was my customer in the piece. He was great guy, church every Sunday man, great family man. Only fair I get the honors to ease that killer in a inch at a time and trust me I would do so while saying how ya feeling ole boy, hot out today isn't it,hehe

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/who-is-suspected-serial-killer-elias-abuelazam/19593148

I think fuel injection will come next. I'd love to have a fuel injected saw. As long as it doesn't add more than 1-2 lbs I don't mind. Finally a way to have the saw run lean but not cause damage. You can only lean a carb so far and not have it work right. Fuel injection can compensate for engine temp, air temp, elevation/air density - makes for a quick starting and fuel efficient engine. Plus tuning the fuel map is a breeze as long as they let you hook it up to a computer like most bikes do now.

**edit**
50cc mopeds like the Honda Supercub are getting FI, so why not saws?

I liked ole Reagan but Reagan had one big issue. He thought everyone was honest, no need to regulate honest people. ..

Yup, Ronnie told me back then he liked honoust guys...LOLOL

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back