FAD: Firewood Acquiring Disorder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear Larry Flint ain't making as much through his empire of skin mags. I wonder if he'll look to diversify by starting up a niche publication for all us woodscrounges, woodboogahs, and gatherers. He could title it something like "Crotches & Butts."

Just imagine the centerfolds!

Ohhhhhh ! yeah !!!! that one has a nice grain

theres some sweet pin knots there , Ima tellin ya !

I tried to rep ya !

still laughing my butt off

was driving the GF to work the other day and i got caught, she say's what the heck are you looking at? as i was starring out the corner of the windsheild str8 up, then she clues in, more firewood isn't it. lol glad i'm not the only one. i think we should start a group, my name is Ritch and i have a problem......................:cheers:

LOL. Hi my name is Aaron and I don't have a problem..... It is the rest of the world that has the problem with my firewood gathering and saws. They all seem to have B/C envy. :hmm3grin2orange:
Since their lil'lady wont let them be a man they think I am (or should be) bound by the same set of rules.

Last edited:
I think it's perfectly normal to "recycle" natures heat supply ;) Here's some pics of one of the sheds. It measures 86' X 24' and stack measures 80' X 18' X7'. That works out to a little over 78 cord. Have a total of 166 cord under roof and that doesn't include this years burn supply for 2 homes. There are worse things to be addicted to!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I travel a lot for work - IA, MO, AR and find myself coveting thy neighbor's trees. We don't have much for oak here - nor hardwoods in general except for mulberry and they are twisted, gnarly and tons of sucker branches. The oak that we do have are burr oak and I think I found a straight limb that was almost three feet before it curved--maybe. We also have few trees in general and lots of wind so it is rare to see a straight tree. To be able to buck my way down a trunk without moving forwards or backwards - it would be a sight to behold.:chainsaw:

I'll bet that I'm not the only deer hunter here who spends more time looking UP for dead tree tops than on the ground for deer.

No, not at all. I spend way too much time gawking at trees and memorizing where blowdowns are to be a good deer hunter, but squirrels have died by the hundreds by making the mistake of walking on a dead branch that I was eyeballing!

Deer hunting gives me a chance to hike every little corner of the woods, and usually the end of deer season is the firewood opener on my place. I'm not fond of cutting wood while sharing airspace with 10 gazillion mosquitoes and horseflys, so winter is when 90% of my cutting is done.

Steve

I'm a squirrel hunting tree hunter myself. It's amazing how many squirrels you see when your looking for trees.:)
Grab my 22 and just meander through the woods looking for the big score!
Found a great one this year along a creek that runs through a field while pheasant hunting. I haven't got him yet but I will.

I think it's perfectly normal to "recycle" natures heat supply ;) Here's some pics of one of the sheds. It measures 86' X 24' and stack measures 80' X 18' X7'. That works out to a little over 78 cord. Have a total of 166 cord under roof and that doesn't include this years burn supply for 2 homes. There are worse things to be addicted to!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Holy :censored: Now that's a stash!:jawdrop:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Boy, I thought I had a lot of wood.

Ok. Class dismissed.

Looks like you and your descendants are ready for the second coming of Y2K. Which, by my count, is about 990 years away.

read the whole post it's 166 cords he has under roof's now thats just alot of hard work.

It's just me and my Dad working it. He's retired (72 years old now) and worse than me. I told him I'm done for this year as we've been working on it for a month in the mornings, weather permitting, and all day Saturdays but he keeps on going. I work a full time job so it really doesn't take long to build up if you stick with it. Probably cut 45 cord this year. More pics of the stash in the pictures section under "I'm done...."

I couldn't care less about what you drive, where you live, what you live in or how much money you might make. But I do greatly envy anyone with 166 cord of wood, and doubly so anyone who has the space to hold 166 cord, and triply so anyone who has that much time to dedicate to wood. I think I hate you. Does this mean that I have a problem?:help:

Seriously though, that's an awesome thing. :clap: Care to elaborate on the how/why of your enourmous cache?

Latest posts

Back