Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was cutting on a hill ,lot of slough brush on ground and branches and nettles ,i looked in the chips for a bit and gave up ,factory stihl ones too :( ,i would have rather found them then hike up that hill ,hills make me breathe hard and sweat stuff .
I just use bar nuts and sprockets as body piercings for that very reason. Lol

I keep one in my front pocket as a reminder now ,and a spare ..........did i mention hiking up hills through cedar limbs sucks ?View attachment 431968
I here ya, when you finally emerge from the thicket into a clearing you feel like a pervert that just got bounced out of a tea party. Lol.

Had a new thing happen last week ,2/3 into the back cut on a cedar and the bar nuts fell off ,was cutting ,looked up ,looked down then the sprocket cover hit the ground ,then zing..........powerhead is in my hand running with no bar on it ,luckily i had 3 wedges in the back cut so the bar slid back out ,bar nuts were lost forever though ,had hike up the hill to grab a couple more :confused:
You need to get a "torque-scrench"

I keep one in my front pocket as a reminder now ,and a spare ..........did i mention hiking up hills through cedar limbs sucks ?View attachment 431968
Got love waist deep cedar limbs, too bad the nuts aren't in cased like the 562 husky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I do. . . I'll try and make one and get a pic.
Are you talking about how Cody does em? I have seen a video or two of him doing that. I feel like you would loose some accuracy to the lay that way? I've never tried it. It looks like it keeps that side open for a lot longer though.

Mile asked me a while back how I put them in. I finally got to it. Just haven't been in the timber where I need it.

Are you talking about how Cody does em? I have seen a video or two of him doing that. I feel like you would loose some accuracy to the lay that way? I've never tried it. It looks like it keeps that side open for a lot longer though.

Mile asked me a while back how I put them in. I finally got to it. Just haven't been in the timber where I need it.
There's like, 3-4 ways to throw one in. Cody has shown it before on here.

Two ways it can hurt your gun.

1. You bore in contrary to your gun and change it.

2. It holds like a son of a batch and pulls farther than you wanted.

There's like, 3-4 ways to throw one in. Cody has shown it before on here.

Two ways it can hurt your gun.

1. You bore in contrary to your gun and change it.

2. It holds like a son of a batch and pulls farther than you wanted.

That makes sense to me. Yeah he takes the piece more from the front to the hinge like a bigger wedge if I remember correctly.

145108e687da66ff27e6b3ab5424a14a.jpg
c9f5116e4af0e490b4395af46799734b.jpg

Here's the ones of Cody's I had saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, for the dumbass. You put the sis-wedge on the pulling side to let the tree go further before the fibers twist and break?

Edit: any reason it couldn't be combined with a soft Dutch on the lean side?

Ok, for the dumbass. You put the sis-wedge on the pulling side to let the tree go further before the fibers twist and break?

Edit: any reason it couldn't be combined with a soft Dutch on the lean side?
Nope, if the tree is big or stringy enough.

Said the blind man to the deaf bugger.

*ETA* was the siz in that bottom pic doing anything? Looks like the fibres didn't pull forward into the siz so how much extra hanging on/steering did they actually do? A bit more from the taller hinge down that side but not as much as if they actually did hold on longer?

Nope, if the tree is big or stringy enough.

Said the blind man to the deaf bugger.

*ETA* was the siz in that bottom pic doing anything? Looks like the fibres didn't pull forward into the siz so how much extra hanging on/steering did they actually do?
Those "full face siz' look like a ramp for the stem to turn on rather than a way to get more turn before pulling. Ironically, my "standard face" looks eerily like the Cody "full face siz"

Latest posts

Back