Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the CamelBaks. I have two set up the same; 100 oz bladder, first aid kit, pad on one shoulder, earplugs and hose on the other. A key ring down low on the right to hang my spencer tape from. It fits under my vest or over my linegear. Pretty much always have one with me.

Ante up.. I know ya'll took pictures this week..

I worked a few hours today and about have this 10 acre plot wrapped up. These pics I took today (nothin' fancy) represent 80-90% of what the land has to offer, slash and/or loblolly pines. I'm not sure which I like better.. pine trees trying to tag ur hard hat or rotten/hollow/stinky oaks. Give me some live trees! :hmm3grin2orange:

Par for the course:

This is the most level I've cut since getting the 394xp.. :laugh:

Despite the 105* feels like temp, it was a good day for an amateur.

Anyway, I'm tired of lookin' at trashy wood, where's Your pics/video? What are you workin' on?

Jake, you are cutting some dangerous stuff there. I don't like cutting stuff like that and it all yer doin. looks like a good job, you be careful cutting that stuff and cut those vines loose before ya start.

Ante up.. I know ya'll took pictures this week..

I worked a few hours today and about have this 10 acre plot wrapped up. These pics I took today (nothin' fancy) represent 80-90% of what the land has to offer, slash and/or loblolly pines. I'm not sure which I like better.. pine trees trying to tag ur hard hat or rotten/hollow/stinky oaks. Give me some live trees! :hmm3grin2orange:

Par for the course:

This is the most level I've cut since getting the 394xp.. :laugh:

Despite the 105* feels like temp, it was a good day for an amateur.

Anyway, I'm tired of lookin' at trashy wood, where's Your pics/video? What are you workin' on?

looks good :clap:
on the other side, those pines like that never bothered me. yes watch your backside, but you can only cut whats in front of you

Yes siree.. Dangerous indeed. I'm doing my best to not get too comfortable with em.

My favorite is the 5' wide by 3' tall mounds of brushat the base of every friggin tree. Consistently no solid footing...

This growth model project I mentioned is giving me lots of opportunities to practice unusual cuts. Working for the 'ologists is not always a bad thing. Here's a block-out face I used to make sure I had the mechanics down. ~20" DF so; otherwise pretty routine cutting. (I only show the unusual cuts and the mistakes because they're the interesting parts)

temporary_zps8e242e52.jpg

a287bf80-30bd-424f-8bc2-c0f930385521_zps249cf5d1.jpg

temporary_zpsfa4d9a5a.jpg

Falling pics

Who's the kid there with ya? It couldn't possibly be your seed, look see he knows how to smile:msp_biggrin:.

Good on ya with the climbing. I like climbing but I don't like all that rigging and swinging to other sticks. I just waste time and energy coming down and restarting at the bottom of the new one. But then I don't use a tree saddle either.

Looks like good work and good weather to be doing it in too.

Owl

[video=youtube;lVP5HeMAv-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lVP5HeMAv-4[/video]

This thread was getting dangerously close to the bottom of the forestry and logging page

Back