Farm Show book

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhoff310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The other day I was at tractor supply and I saw a book put out by Farm Show magazine call "I made it myself." I flipped thru it for a few minutes and saw some awesome ideas, wood splitter from a pressure washer and others too numerous to mention and remember. I put it back and went on about my business " One track mind kinda thing going on" I meant to go back and get it before I left but I had my mind set on getting what I needed and get out of there.

Has anybody purchased this book it looks like some great bathroom reading. Some real backyard engineers out there. I might go back and get it this weekend

Jeff

Someone gave me some of those magazines one time. I remember articles about all kinds of interesting projects. I never did find any place to buy it. Definately an interesting read.

Not sure what they get for the book, but it's probably worth it if you like to see redneck engineering at it's finest (and worst)! I've been getting the magazine off and on for many years.

Want to see an owb that burns big round bales? They got em! Lots of stuff like that, and some money saving tips, and the comedy channel of Farmshow, the "best and worst buys" section - people write in to brag or b___h about stuff they've bought.

Should get a new subscription, haven't gotten it for a year or so. Think they sent me a packet where they offer to send the book free if you subscribe for a couple years. Have to check the "semi junk" mail bin...

www.farmshow.com is their site, web offer is a free buyers guide to best and worst tractors. $20ish a year for 6 issues/year

been a subscriber for years. i love stuff like what is shown in the magazine. some of it is advertising in disguise, but alot of the stuff is really redneck engineering

I've bin gettin Farm Show for longer than I can remember. Everybody says Redneck engineering, which it may be. But alot are REAL world, fixes, with what they have at hand. Something most people can't even grasp.

Proud to be a REDNECK, HILLBILLY, STUMP-JUMPER.:hmm3grin2orange:

Although innovative products are featured in articles, there are no real ads in Farm Show. I'm surprised the subscription price is as low as it is. Subscribers receive the 'Best of Farm Show' and 'Made it Myself' editions every year between regular issues. They also offer a searchable CD for about $40 or so that has EVERYTHING they have ever published.

I got it for a couple years. About 6 months is all you need, because they show the same thing and print the same articles over and over and over again. A few new things show up, but I literally pulled out previous issues and compared and found the same article 3 times in one year.

It is interesting though, lots of odd and creative ideas. I love to see the BIG machines that some of the farms on the prairie make up. Take 3 tractors and build one that sprays liquid fertilizer, disks it in, and plants new seeds all in one pass.

I had something featured in Farm Show a few years ago in the made it myself section. It was a 3 pt scoop made from a bathtub.

If someone can think of a useful product that DID NOT start out as "backyard, redneck, hillbilly engineering," please post it here; I'd like to know what it is.

Back