finally got to run 2 tanks through my 361 today WHAT A POS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous man! I'm actually debating between a used 362 and a new 372 (old edition) currently to replace my 039 as my main bucking saw. Both have their merits and drawbacks, but both are extraordinarily competent firewood saws! Nice score!
Just sold a Husky 372 and purchased a Stihl 362. The Stihl is a better saw - for me. It will do all I need a saw to do and then some, but cutting off the last of a few 20"-24"+ oak stumps - I wish I had the 372 back. It is certainly faster/more powerful saw. Good luck with your decision!

Just sold a Husky 372 and purchased a Stihl 362. The Stihl is a better saw - for me. It will do all I need a saw to do and then some, but cutting off the last of a few 20"-24"+ oak stumps - I wish I had the 372 back. It is certainly faster/more powerful saw. Good luck with your decision!

Hell, I probably need them both,.. LOL

70cc or bust, balances perfect with a 20" handles a 28" very well. i dont care what brand as long as its 70cc. wy spend damn near 700 dollars on 361/2 when you could get a used 70cc that is lightweight and blows them away. but cad says you gota have 60cc saw.

70cc or bust, balances perfect with a 20" handles a 28" very well. i dont care what brand as long as its 70cc. wy spend damn near 700 dollars on 361/2 when you could get a used 70cc that is lightweight and blows them away. but cad says you gota have 60cc saw.

:agree2: the more I run them the more I realize I need more 70cc saws.

its what you call a christmas present from wife and it ws 625 out the door with extra chain

How many more hours per year does it take homeowner joe to cut 8-10 cords of wood with his 60cc saw vs homeowner john with his 70cc saw?

How many more hours per year does it take homeowner joe to cut 8-10 cords of wood with his 60cc saw vs homeowner john with his 70cc saw?

:hmm3grin2orange:Who cares? I would cut my 8-10 cord with my 066 if I could carry it up and down the mountain all day. What firewood guy needs a 91 cc super saw? I'm sure who ever sold me the saw was happy to take my money. I still take my 50cc 032 but it usually just sits on the trailer and watches. Once my buddy saw the 441 in action he ran out and got a 038 mag even though his 038 super runs just fine.:hmm3grin2orange:

:hmm3grin2orange:Who cares? I would cut my 8-10 cord with my 066 if I could carry it up and down the mountain all day. What firewood guy needs a 91 cc super saw? I'm sure who ever sold me the saw was happy to take my money. I still take my 50cc 032 but it usually just sits on the trailer and watches. Once my buddy saw the 441 in action he ran out and got a 038 mag even though his 038 super runs just fine.:hmm3grin2orange:
Yup your exactly right....my point is the time taken for a guy to cut 8-10 cord of year with a 60cc saw vs a 70cc saw is fairly negligible imo. The reason why he likes the weight/comfort of the MS361 may very well be the same reason why you don't use your 066 for everyday firewood cutting.

This guy posts a thread talking about being happy with his saw and over 50% of the posts that follow are negative (you should have bought a 70cc saw, it isn't faster than an echo, etc.). In the end, it may not fit what our likes/dislikes go as far as displacement, brand, comfort level, etc, but he is happy with it and that was the whole point of him starting the thread.

This guy posts a thread talking about being happy with his saw and over 50% of the posts that follow are negative (you should have bought a 70cc saw, it isn't faster than an echo, etc.). In the end, it may not fit what our likes/dislikes go as far as displacement, brand, comfort level, etc, but he is happy with it and that was the whole point of him starting the thread.

:agree2:

Seems some think the biggger the saw you run, the bigger man you are.
Same way with guns, pickup's, you name it.

Me , I run MS361 or MS261 most, shoot 22 Hornet and drive a midsize 4-cyl pickup. :)

TT

Me , I run MS361 or MS261 most, shoot 22 Hornet and drive a midsize 4-cyl pickup. :)

TT

TT- agreed.. i run my 260 pro more HOURS than any other... but that 441 sure gets a LOT more wood cut.. a 660 cuts more i'd imagine. i'm going to buy one before long for the big tree's just because i want to get done faster. :)

oh, and i drive a diesel truck.. 2wd even. big boys dont' need big toys :)

TT

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I use my shindaiwa 575 the most, it is my go to saw for firewood. I don't think bigger is better when cutting firewood all day. I have not use a ms360 but have used a ms390 it did fine.

i had a feeling this thread would get interesting.. but from all the saws i have bought or traded for in the last year or so, this 361 really fits the bill for me. the #1 reson it was a christmas present from my wife. and the other reasons is the weight to power ratio,, the feel of it and the av. i would love to use a 70+ cc saw but this body won't hold up to it because of the weight. i run the 600p for a few tanks before i sold it but i really like the 361. i know to most of you 1 pd difference isn't a lot but to me it makes a world of difference. to me this 361 is a keeper. thats why i put the double spike kit on it and going to order the up graded oil pump next week. i cut less then 10 cords a year,,,usually about 5-6 cord average. some of you can say that i would be better off with a 70cc saw but i am not. i really like this saw and it fits the bill

i had a feeling this thread would get interesting.. but from all the saws i have bought or traded for in the last year or so, this 361 really fits the bill for me. the #1 reson it was a christmas present from my wife. and the other reasons is the weight to power ratio,, the feel of it and the av. i would love to use a 70+ cc saw but this body won't hold up to it because of the weight. i run the 600p for a few tanks before i sold it but i really like the 361. i know to most of you 1 pd difference isn't a lot but to me it makes a world of difference. to me this 361 is a keeper. thats why i put the double spike kit on it and going to order the up graded oil pump next week. i cut less then 10 cords a year,,,usually about 5-6 cord average. some of you can say that i would be better off with a 70cc saw but i am not. i really like this saw and it fits the bill

It really comes down to what you like, no one can tell you what you like to run.

+1. Best quote I've heard in a loooong time

+2 I do intend (as earlier mentioned) to pick up either a 361/2 or a 372XP, simply as a main firewood saw for the hard wood I'm cutting, because of the balance of power-vs-weight. I LOVE my MS660. I just don't love much past about 5 hours of usage, and I really only use it on logs beyond 20" wide anyway. I DO love running my 346XP all day long, but for the bulk of 1 or 2 split req'd wood, it's a tad time consuming. A compromise between the two, would be Ideal for probably 60% of my cutting, (that and when cutting with my Father, he never let's me play with my 346 anyway), so it would be my main tool, until I get into the BIG Oak, Locust and Hedge,..... Size matters, but Comfort rules!

i really like my 361 for the bigger stuff which it does fantastic,, but for stuff around 8" or less and especially for limbing i will grab my cs-370,,mainly because of the lighter weight and easier on me to move around

TT

Last saturday, I cut a cherry tree for firewood and used 3 saws :

ms 200 : 2 hours
ms 361 : 0.5 hour
288xp ; 0.5 hour

The smalllest saw gets used most. The 361 is a real fine saw as well, I love cutting with it.

Back