Finally lucked into a bargain!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5c7c9

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
162 1.JPG 162 3.JPG Earlier tonight, the wife came home from work, after a while she says, "Oh yea! When I passed the house down the road with all the tractor trailers, they were packing up a yard sale, I saw 2 chainsaw's and I think 1 was a Husqvarna".
Naturally I was reaching for my keys when I heard the word "chainsaw's" roll off those sweet lips! LOL.
I pulled in and asked the fellow if he had some saws for sale, he said "yes" and pulled them out of his pickup, sure enough she had been right, one was a Husky with the standard "it ran great last year but has no spark now" story, stickers were gone and serial tag was buried in gunk, I could tell it was not one of the small ones, and it seemed to have great compression, so the deal was made. I figured at worse the brake and recoil were worth the FIRM asking price.
Second saw was "The Green Machine" and I am pretty sure it will have the bar removed and be used to hold the corner of a tarp down on the wood pile this winter, but that is yet to be seen. It was free whether I bought the orange saw or not!
I reached into my pocket and paid the man $40 for the Husky, and loaded them both in the trunk.
Got home and cleaned the serial tag, it said 162se.
On the bench it goes, he was right no trace of a spark, pulled top off, pulled wire off the kill switch, gave a yank and there was enough fire read by! Connected it to the other terminal on the switch, still had fire in 1 position, and none in the other, so I figured it was in the right place (I'm just starting to work on saws).
Emptied out old stinky fuel, gave it a fresh drink and held my breath, as I pulled the rope, 1 pull, nothing! 2 pulls, nothing, 3rd pull.......BRRRAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! YES!!! :)
Pushed choke in, 4th pull off and running!!!
Idles, revs, oils beautifully, and seems to have a ton of power, it is missing the trigger lock & safety but that's the least of my worries.
It even came with a good bar and a sharp chain!
All in all, i'm pretty darn happy.

A you suck is no problem, I have said it many times to my computer screen, reading some of the posts on here.
I am hoping for many more LOL.

Nice deal, good luck with your new saw. It is so nice when fixing the problem does not involve any new parts!
Thanks! I couldn't agree more, no parts buying was/is a real treat indeed. I'm hoping it is going to be a nice/quick firewood bucking saw with a 16" on it.

You suck!

Get the green machine going, too, neat old saws. I ran one for around two years as my one saw plan...oiler didn't work, I didn't work on saws then, so I just hand oiled it every other cut! hahahah!

Great Find!
It is nice to see a man take something that others call junk and make it a runner :) and it is even a husky..
Good Deal!

nmurph is a great guy, very honest I would deal with him again :)

YOU SUCK!

Thanks guys!
I was wondering who actually made the "Green Machine" it sure looks like it was trash from the start.
I haven't touched it yet, other than to feel it is siezed, I will check into it soon and see if it has any potential etc.

Latest posts

Back