Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Bob I understand. At least they have increased the pay enough to make it worthwhile to travel for a one or two day fire. $1650.00/day for a faller and $1900.00/day for a faller/swamper module. I would never work without a swamper or a second faller.

Yeah Bob I understand. At least they have increased the pay enough to make it worthwhile to travel for a one or two day fire. $1650.00/day for a faller and $1900.00/day for a faller/swamper module. I would never work without a swamper or a second faller.

Me either. Another set of eyes or somebody to go for help is always a good thing to have. My BIL and I used to partner up but since he's gone it's hard to find somebody I'm comfortable working with.

So how are we doing on that pipeline to the Columbia river? Those northerners are just wasting that water letting it flow into the ocean. Those sidewalks in SoCal need to be watered.

Time to get the billboards up. Visit but don't stay. Don't Californicate Warshington, unless you buy my place for an obscene amount of money ...

I think Iowa wants Californians to move there. :popcorn2:

Iowa? People actually move there? Voluntarily? Wow.

Don't worry about us pipe-lining your water down here. Too much trouble. We're using barges instead.

Iowa? People actually move there? Voluntarily? Wow.

Don't worry about us pipe-lining your water down here. Too much trouble. We're using barges instead.

I heard a whole hour of radio discussion about that. Barges and desalinization plants. Except the latter might invite a lot of enviro protest and that would add to the cost. They also discussed piping water from areas like--Iowa--and storing it in the ground. No mention of the Columbia. Not a peep. What about railroad tank cars of water? Those wouldn't explode.

Right. We're just joking. Uh huh. We wouldn't take your water.
Never mind those ships cleverly disguised as oil tankers headed down the Columbia toward the sea. They're riding low in the water because of ballast. Yeah, that's it. Ballast.
Nothing for you fine folks to worry about.
I'll be back later. I have to call my broker and buy more stock in the tanker companies and a couple of barge lines that show promise.

Bob you and I aren't into drugs but we do drink water. How's about we hire Patty to be our water mule? She could build secret compartments into her trailer and smuggle water down to us at the GTGs. It's risky but I think it worth it.

You all can quit worrying. Our Columbia water won't meet California standards, it flows waaayyyy to close to both Hanford and Umatilla. They can't risk being contaminated by the nuclear waste or the nerve gas.

Hmmmm...that's okay, we can still take it. We'll just make sure the radioactive water goes south to the L A area. Most southern Californians probably wouldn't even notice if they glowed in the dark. Or particularly care either. It might even start a new fashion trend.
As far as the nerve gas goes, after breathing southern California air their bodies have built up an amazing immunity to toxins. I don't see any problem.

Bob you and I aren't into drugs but we do drink water. How's about we hire Patty to be our water mule? She could build secret compartments into her trailer and smuggle water down to us at the GTGs. It's risky but I think it worth it.

I like that idea. She has my old trailer now and I'll bet you could fill the whole thing with water and it wouldn't leak a drop. Maybe we could outfit it with spray booms and she could hire out to irrigate broccoli fields.

Back