Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cliff Mass says you folks are going to get inches of rain next week.

During the next week an upper level trough will move down the coast, first bringing precipitation to the Northwest and THEN TO CALIFORNIA! You had to know that when California's governor announces major drought measures that it was going to rain.

You are welcome...

During the next week an upper level trough will move down the coast, first bringing precipitation to the Northwest and THEN TO CALIFORNIA! You had to know that when California's governor announces major drought measures that it was going to rain.

You are welcome...

That's good news. We'll be able to stockpile the Columbia water barge deliveries for future use.

You are welcome...
LIES! All lies, it doesn't rain here anymore. Burn her!

Soooo

How long do you suppose it would take for Caliphonia to burn to the ground? 6 monthes? a year?
Who knows what with the drought and the dry woods conditions? After the last couple of years there isn't that much to burn that hasn't burned already.
We don't really have a "fire season" anymore. We just have a couple of months during the winter when fire activity slows down.

Who knows what with the drought and the dry woods conditions? After the last couple of years there isn't that much to burn that hasn't burned already.
We don't really have a "fire season" anymore. We just have a couple of months during the winter when fire activity slows down.
God is angry with Collyfornia fir making too many boy bands.

Keeping track are you? :nofunny: That's okay, a state that elected Arnold Schwartsenegger...twice...probably deserves anything that happens to it.
Like any state, there's some good folks in it.

CA just seems to have more than its fair share of idiots -- & they seem to love running for public office.

Coincidence?

I am back after a "Those modems are obsolete" crash and a quickie vacation to the sagebrush. Is Collyfonia going to get this storm too? We have a winter storm warning for above 2500 feet elevation and it has started to rain here. I'll send some of it south, except we need the snow pack.

I am back after a "Those modems are obsolete" crash and a quickie vacation to the sagebrush. Is Collyfonia going to get this storm too? We have a winter storm warning for above 2500 feet elevation and it has started to rain here. I'll send some of it south, except we need the snow pack.
Dunno. Earlier this week we got almost 2" in 24 hours. Where we are isn't too bad.
Ssssshhhhh, don't tell the almond growers.

Like any state, there's some good folks in it.

CA just seems to have more than its fair share of idiots -- & they seem to love running for public office.

Coincidence?
I don't think it's more than their fair share, it's a similar ratio per capita. And that they're the home of the advertising industry, so they show them off better.

Well burn season was declared over yesterday so I guess that means no storm at least this far south. Warm dry winds are the order of the day.
Cody took his annual FSTEP Fireline Safety for the Hired Vendor yesterday. He headed to his GFs (after another meeting) right after and I won't see him for a day or two. There was a small fire nearby today but nothing came of it but Cody had heard about it before I did so I hope he is a little more enthusiastic this year. Cody is gone all of June, July, and August but most of our local fire are in September and October anyway.

Back