Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look really, really bad. And from what I heard on NPR this morning it sounds like the Canadians are really overwhelmed and not equipped to handle this type of a season.

I hope they can just get them out without anyone getting hurt.

Anyone know if the US air tankers are able divert up north for a bit? The tankers show up in CDA around July typically.

Anyone know if the US air tankers are able divert up north for a bit? The tankers show up in CDA around July typically.

I think we could send military stuff up there because of the politics of NATO. I'm licensed to operate in Canada and I might make a few calls to see if I could get a crew to fly up and help out.

Wa DNR is predicting a "less sever" season for us this year... I'm not holding my breath, still need to finish up my fire tank... not paranoid at all...

last I heard they were evacuating another 50 miles outside fort Mac... something like 90,000 folks homeless overnight.

Wa DNR is predicting a "less sever" season for us this year... I'm not holding my breath, still need to finish up my fire tank... not paranoid at all...

last I heard they were evacuating another 50 miles outside fort Mac... something like 90,000 folks homeless overnight.
Catastrophic

Wow! The public donated 11 million so far in the last two days and the gov will match that. Sounds like 4.1 Billion damage so far. The Americans have offered their help to us as good neighbours do, so we thank you for that. We are all in this together.Americans, like Canadians, have hearts bigger than the great outdoors.
Sounds like Mother Nature is really putting Her foot down.
I wonder what Neil Young has to say? We don't want him around anyhow! Sweet Home Alabama.
John

Can't find a decent link.

But there is a 100 acre and growing fire in Oso started yesterday and is on steep ground so things could get ****** quickly, King5.com has some photos but not linkable by the likes of me.

Hasn't been any interesting weather around here for some time so not sure as the cause.

It's too Damn early in nuh year to be talkin fires! I've been a ****** neighbor and not followed the fire/fires around fort Mac country but north or south I hate seeing people being displaced and losing everything like that. Again don't know the latest but I hope ma nature has began to cooperate with those folks and the resources fighting fire. Prayers to fort Mac and fire fighters from Central Oregon

I feel like the neighbor looking over the fence at the other neighbor who's staring at a pile of lumber and tin.............. and can't help it........... Huh, your shed fall down? :omg::omg:

Latest posts

Back