First post: Received varied comments re: MS260 Pro from the dealers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question

If you're set on Stihl, the 260 sounds like the way to go. Good proven design and will last a long time if you take care of it. I run 3/8 chain and an 18" on mine and its 10+ years old.

I'd hate to try and shimmy up a tree with my 361. Don't get me wrong as my 361 is my "go to" saw.

I would also consider the Husky 346xp or Dolmar 5100 as options. I haven't run either one, but I'd like to.

I used to have a 26Pro and now I just bought a MS361. My question is should I have bought a MS441 or MS460? I noticed you have all three saws
the 26PRO, 361 and 441 but you state your 361 is your go to saw. Thoughts?

Don't worry

You've got some imaginary memory. :rolleyes:

It's amazing that people could read into my initial edit which had nothing to do with what is being discussed re: ladder access.

I edited the initial post at 6:25

PA Plumber made his comment which includes the ladder thing at 6:28

I don't know what you're talking about or what your agenda is.

I've been courteous and appreciative the entire thread.

What more can I offer?

I kind of feel as if I want to buy three saws: 260 Pro, 361 and the Professional 200.

Plus climbing spurs, safety harnesses, the whole kit and caboodle.

See what this thread and forum is doing to my wallet. ;)

You are on the right track,,, BB means well,,, It's all good,,,,everybody take a chill pill,,, He might have been tossin back a few barley pops celebratin the 4th and all!!!!:laugh: :givebeer:

now your saw selection is starting to look like a quiver :rock: :rock:

one thing to remember buying the pro grade saws, as long as you take care of them, keep em maintained and in the shed out of the weather when you're not using them, they will fetch a smart price if you decide you dont need them anymore,,,, JMHO!!!!

Can't we just all get along?????? :notrolls2: :hmm3grin2orange:

I, like many others flt you were cutting limbs off the tree WHILE standing from the ladder.

I apologize, obviously you arent. I would rather have said my peace than have read about you messing yuorself up good and us reading about you in the paper, and then feeing bad for not saying something.

As for the saw choices. If all your cutting is 12" and under limbs a MS200 will do great, if thats a litle rich then save some cash and get a MS250.

For a compliment to this saw a MS361 is a gem, and a used 360, or 440 would be good also.

We're cool. ;)

I'm giving solid thought to purchasing the MS200 first, and then when I need a larger saw, either the MS260 Pro second or the 361.

As mentioned, the 260 Pro could be the saw that's good 'across the board'.

Having more than one tool, is more than ok with me.

Ok

If you were set on more economic 2 saw plan you may want to consider the MS180 and a MS361.

We're all on the same page now....

You're in trouble now Climb14er!! Next thing these guys will have you convinced you'll need a "three saw line up", then four, ............ I'm surprised one of these hooligans hasn't tried to convinced you that you need a 70cc saw yet.:jester:

Hold on to your wallet, it could be quite a ride the longer you hang out here. :D

You're in trouble now Climb14er!! Next thing these guys will have you convinced you'll need a "three saw line up", then four, ............ I'm surprised one of these hooligans hasn't tried to convinced you that you need a 70cc saw yet.:jester:

Hold on to your wallet, it could be quite a ride the longer you hang out here. :D

MS200 rear handled. :rockn:

I appreciate all the input and beta in the thread. Thanks.

Great forum!

Back