First time out with EHP372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian, how was your 375 muffler modded, the 3 holes as usual?

Haywood would you show us a pic of your 375 muffler modding from your builder? Does the muffler look like Andyshines 7900 and the 361 I had? Has the inner cage been removed etc, what did they do to your muffler for the port work done?

Here is what was done to mine by the builder. http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56890&d=1189349931

Here is andyshines 7900 muffler and here was the 361 I sold with the same style 3 hole mod. Beats the heck out of the stock choked off muffler, works for its attended purpose is about all I can say for it. The cage was still in the 361, is it still in yours Andyshine and Ian?
Copyofpink7900.jpg

Copyofpeppers07football7900pisto-3.jpg

Last edited:
Ian, how was your 375 muffler modded, the 3 holes as usual?

Haywood would you show us a pic of your 375 muffler modding from your builder? Does the muffler look like Andyshines 7900 and the 361 I had? Has the inner cage been removed etc, what did they do to your muffler for the port work done?

Here is what was done to mine by the builder. http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56890&d=1189349931

Here is andyshines 7900 muffler and here was the 361 I sold with the same style 3 hole mod. Beats the heck out of the stock choked off muffler, works for its attended purpose is about all I can say for it. The cage was still in the 361, is it still in yours Andyshine and Ian?
Copyofpink7900.jpg

Copyofpeppers07football7900pisto-3.jpg

Not a practical muffler mod for a wood saws in the dry west!

Kevin I didn't remember if the inside of the muffler was gutted out or not, so I took the can off and had a look inside. From what I could see, I don't think there is any need to remove the internal baffle in the 7900, the holes looked more than adequate for proper breathing.

The muffler on my 372 came from the factory completely hollow, no baffles whatsoever.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Here's his muffler mod. The can is empty and no spark screen. I've got the 8 pin on it now and am liking it more and more. It's a real firewood getter. --Ian

372muffler2.jpg

Last edited:
Thats what I was wondering if he put to use the vents he was talking about. Thats how the 7900 is done, but is on the other side. Thanks for posting the pic. :rock:

I cant talk for Ian, oldsaw.
But running a well tuned woods ported saw just leaves you with a grin from ear to ear and makes it a blast to cut wood (till you are tuckered out) instead of a chore of work with a stock saw. JMO

After running a good woods ported saw, you just dont look at the stock saws anymore without thinking boring and wondering how it would run modded. :dizzy:

I have ran stock 441,7900,5100,084,361 recently and found them ok and great saws for stock, but boring to run in the cut IMO now and then realize just how spoiled I have become.:rock:

I blame EC totally and BC and JL for this mess I am in.:buttkick:

So, did you feel a bit like Luke Skywalker or not? When you get right down to it, that's what everyone wants to know.

Mark

No, not Luke, more like the Sith apprentice... I just have to figure out how to mount 2 bars on it and my Halloween costume will be complete. I just can't see Luke with an Evil Grin.
evilgrin0041.gif

Ian

haywire, ehp'ed saws are top drawer, had my 2159 cat saw done, what a difference, i put my little video cutting up some beach on you tube(ehp 2159) i think, anyway i had one comment sarcastically i believe about how fast it looked, but if you log beach you'll know how hard it really is and what a differnece a woods ported saw makes

Back