Flat top or pop-up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For doing tree work where I'm just making a few quick cuts I find the pop-up saw has the speed I like. It spools up quick but likes a light hand.
The flat top saw is a torque master it pulls good even with the bar burried in a big log.

Allway thought that the flat top was quicker but cutting cants at GTG's the two pop-up saws are faster.

For doing tree work where I'm just making a few quick cuts I find the pop-up saw has the speed I like. It spools up quick but likes a light hand.
The flat top saw is a torque master it pulls good even with the bar burried in a big log.

Allway thought that the flat top was quicker but cutting cants at GTG's the two pop-up saws are faster.

That is the kind of info that makes this site great. Thank you Mr. Walker!

Whats in those 3120 Rick? Thats what I go with. :rock:

Chawberry tops them all gone gone.

Quickest cut times comes down to operator and chain. JMO.

xpt338001.jpg

Last edited:

So they spoll up quick, but likes a light hand.....very peaky worksaw IMO!......maybe even over ported!!!.....BTW, any pop-up saws win at Webster???.....Hahahahahahahaha! Those who really know say......Pop-up and kiss my @##.....Hahahahahahaha!

Last edited:
So they spoll up quick, but likes a light hand.....very peaky worksaw IMO!......maybe even over ported!!!.....BTW, any pop-up saws win at Webster???.....Hahahahahahahaha! Those who really know say......Pop-up and kiss my @##.....Hahahahahahaha!

The record at Webster was set with a flat top. The
world records in the 8,9,10,12, inch wood was all
set running flat top pistons. With a heavy hand!!

What's the compression on these saws? Port timings the same, if you happen to know?

Brad I am not trying to start a pizzing match. But your 50cc 346 likes 325 for a reason and my 346 45cc runs right with it with 3/8 JMO My 346 45cc is a dozerdan ported saw and his 346 50cc with stock 346 carb smoked your 346 with 325 and 357 carb,

That certainly wouldn't describe my 346. Ask Nate how it feels. It has plenty of power to pull a 20" B&C buried in hardwood. Been there, done that.

Hey ding dong!......That's what JWalker said........ not me!......I said, Pop-up your @##!.......Hahahahahahaha!

Back