For all you dealers out there. ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is a woman poster here........

Mad about me being nicer to lady customers, well, nicer to the good lookin
ones.

Do a search man..........We have to be politically correct here now.....

She is a woman poster here........

Mad about me being nicer to lady customers, well, nicer to the good lookin
ones.

Do a search man..........We have to be politically correct here now.....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok. I didn't know that. Well I would just as nice to her as any other lady that walked in the shop. I admit it, some of my very favorite customers are ladies that come in quite often. Its not my fault the good Lord made women look better in a skirt than men, have you ever seen Space in a skirt Fish?, man its not for the meek I tell ya,hehehe

Slow Patty, one of the PNW logger types on this little forum. She got on fish for being sexist last month. Don't tell me you never heard of Twinkle and the Barbie Saw?

Can't say that I do. She never seems to post in threads I'm posting in. Wait a minute, if I was a woman I wouldn't hang around my threads either, she probably avoids me. Thats why I don't know of her. I'll have to say hello when I catch one of her posts..

Very true. Most are real good people and if they're wearing a skirt and smelling good they even better,hehe

spike60 said:
No skirt, but you just won't see a better fitting pair of jeans than that. Smelled nice too!
RED said:
.I wasnt looking at the tag much though, I was lookign at something else

Three possible victims for female intelligence....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
Dealers........hmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Some things are better than money, with me only one thing,hehehehe

Hi Tommy boy.....prrrr....how are you doing today big guy....I like the way your 660 looks...can I have it once please...oh i just want to take you-er IT home with me for a few hours....I need to ...ooops drop your oooohhh aa a tree yeh...drop a tree.

What some guys (er gals) will do for a nice 660 !!!!:greenchainsaw:

Angie

Seriously guys and mostly dealers, it's good to hear your challenges and hear what its like on the other side of the counter.the typical homeowner is not aware of what is important to you guys. I would gladly pay more for parts if they were THERE. It's challenging to order from the local guys when they don't warehouse anything. I have to go there once, pay up front, then wait for it to arrive then go back to get it. Here is where Bailey's comes in. (It shows up at my door). My time is money too. Nothing against you dealers at all. I can't tell you how many times Paul001 has helped me out. I am indebted to him. and I will gladly repay anyway I can. he just happens to be the closest guy i trust( and 40 miles away). If he tells me the sky is green I don't look out the window and ask why. Problem is I probably drive by 20 dealerships to get to him and clearly not often enough.

trust is earned on both sides of the counter. I owned a service business for 15 years so I know about serving your "regulars". It's not easy to serve a "new" guy or a "homeowner" because of the education you need to GIVE to them. Yup sometimes you're a teacher and not just a salesman.

it's not easy and I give you guys credit. warranty service would make me crazy too. Heck you have a 100% chance of failing to make a new customer and a 50% chance of making money.

Best of luck, most of us are rooting for you !!!
Angelo

Many facets involved...

The first one to explore, is the "warranty" unit involved, bought at
this dealership?????

That question alone should take some space........

Last edited:
There are many facets involved here, and most of the hassle
with warranty is the time/enegry involved with the customer and factory reps

the repair itself is fairly objective.

And when it all comes to the end, and the manufacturer denies the claim, the dealer eats it all.......

Well the reason I asked is because I took my saw back to the dealer today. Just told him that something is wrong. Couldn't really put my finger on it but seems like it has lost power etc..
Got a call back a few hours later from the tech working on it and he asked me to be more specific? Said he ran the saw, put a tac on it checked the rpm's and is unable to duplicate my problem. I asked him if he could PLZ do a compression test on it and the reply was sure have to wait until it cools down. Hoping that the results read low and causes them to pull the muffler and find the damage.

Just was curious about if a dealer eats it fairly bad on warranty work then it would explain why sometimes they are reluctant when it comes to doing warranty work?

Last edited:
Well the reason I asked is because I took my saw back to the dealer today. Just told him that something is wrong. Couldn't really put my finger on it but seems like it has lost power etc..
Got a call back a few hours later from the tech working on it and he asked me to be more specific? Said he ran the saw, put a tac on it checked the rpm's and is unable to duplicate my problem. I asked him if he could PLZ do a compression test on it and the reply was sure have to wait until it cools down. Hoping that the results read low and causes them to pull the muffler and find the damage.

Just was curious about if a dealer eats it fairly bad on warranty work then it would explain why sometimes they are reluctant when it comes to doing warranty work?

That saw must be something. From the damage I seen in your pics it amazes the thing even starts.

Far as eating warranty work, not this cat. I've never lost on warranty. In fact Stihl pays by a timetable rate. If the timetable says it takes 1 hour to do such and such they pay 1 hour for the job, you know upfront what time your looking at. I find their timetable very generous. Rarely does it ever take me as long as the timetable says. I myself like doing warranty work. Reason is very simple, service after the sale is what keeps customers coming back.

I actually caught alittle slack from one of the big wheels at Stihl for not filing a claim on a $2.00 part. I said it wasn't worth the time to file claim. He said oh yes it is, warranty claims are how we resolve problems. If we don't know there is a problem we can't resolve it, file warranty on any and all parts that have failed under the timeframe regardless of what they cost, I said okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Hi Tommy boy.....prrrr....how are you doing today big guy....I like the way your 660 looks...can I have it once please...oh i just want to take you-er IT home with me for a few hours....I need to ...ooops drop your oooohhh aa a tree yeh...drop a tree.

What some guys (er gals) will do for a nice 660 !!!!:greenchainsaw:

Angie

Seems like I'm not the only one with uhhhhh well you know. I checked your profile to see who you are and what you are. Look what I found.

The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
belgian+ Fish jsd176 lewis16 Manatarms manyhobies mheim1 sawdust maker Spitzer THALL10326*

Shame on you Belgian, Fish,good man, the rest of ya, me included, we gotta stop thinking the way we do,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Seems like I'm not the only one with uhhhhh well you know. I checked your profile to see who you are and what you are. Look what I found.

The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
belgian+ Fish jsd176 lewis16 Manatarms manyhobies mheim1 sawdust maker Spitzer THALL10326*

Shame on you Belgian, Fish,good man, the rest of ya, me included, we gotta stop thinking the way we do,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Ya busted me tommy, :clap:
I was just trying to lift one of them 30 or so 66o's you got stashed away for a rainy day !!!

They were just checking my profile to see if I was sane...

Angelo

Back