Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pa

Looking for wood in the Reading/Pottstown Area. I will cut for firewood, if there is substantial quantity and not in a "rush" to get it moved, I may even be willing to pay. Take anything pretty much except for pine.

Looking for Free Wood

Live in the Gettysburg PA area and we're trying to find where we can cut wood for free. We're willing to cut, clean up the brush and haul it away to burn in our woodburner. We Love saving money on our heating bills and heat entirely with our woodburner.

I am looking for hardwood to cut for firewood in the Toledo, Oh area. If you know where I can get some or buy at a reasonable rate let me know.

Looking for free wood.

Looking for oak, cherry, locust, maple, hardwoods around Hastings PA to Johnstown Pa. A few of us at work are heating with wood and we'll cut logs from large to small diameter and may be able to clear brush afterwards. Please send me a PM or email if you have something. Thanks.

fre firewood

Zimmermans chair shop
1486 colebrook road
Lebanon,pa 17042

phone 717-273-2706
faxs 717-270-9737

thay have free scrap wood

in the dumsters can go their any time and get the free firewood

misc sizes mostly had woods

To Happy Camper

Thanks for the tip, we'll take a run over to see what's there. Do I need to let them know we're coming or when we get there? :blob2:

Free wood in New Haven, CT area?

Looking for free hardwood in the New Haven county region of CT. Of course I'm willing to travel, cut, and haul away. Also willing to provide beer money for apple or hickory wood.

Contact [email protected] or PM me.

Thanks,

Jim

-----------------------
Stihl 028WB
Shindaiwa 500
Shindaiwa 488
Shindaiwa 680

firewood

Thanks for the tip, we'll take a run over to see what's there. Do I need to let them know we're coming or when we get there? :blob2:

no you just go their and take it
only the wood in the dumsters

you never knoe if their going to have any wood

Hi all,

A really good friend of mine heats solely with wood in Binghamton, NY, but he does not have the internet. (He doesn't have woodsplitter either, so he splits by hand--yikes!). He's actually in Hillcrest, NY (a suburb) so you won't have to go into the city itself.

He started out knocking pallets apart, but he's progressed to scrounged logs.

He has plenty of room, with a large driveway, so there's room to turn a large truck around. He would take whole logs, or bucked-to-length--whatever you have, as long as it is hardwood.

Please PM me for his number--he'll have the beer on ice for you! LOL

Thanks much.

Big Six

Where on web site

I mentioned this thread at www.woodheat.org and I see a few are stopping by and putting in their information.

Not everyone will get connected of course but the information in this thread is a good guide for homeowners who want to contact local tree companies even if you don't get lucky here.

Take Care,

Dan

Dan

Where on that web site do you post for contacting local tree companies?

Kirk

Thought I would throw a dart and hope for luck. Im near Joliet Il (South Chicagoland). Just lost my wood sorce :( , so i have been scrounging for logs. If anyone in the area has extra unwanted, I am interested in pick up or delivery. I have a big lot that makes dumping easy. Thanks Git-R-Spit

Oregon

I live in portland, OR and am always interested in free wood. If any one from NW Oregon reads this and has some free wood to get rid of let me know!

Thank you!

Free wood

Craigslist is a great source for free wood. Around here it seems to usually be already cut to length--- load & go. I even found about 1.5 cd. cut/split/seasoned locust being given away. You may have to weed through some postings by people who don't know what kind of wood they have, as well as some people trying to sucker somebody into hauling their junk away. Overall, it's worth a look.

Willing to assist in sawing, or dropoff: Antioch, IL

I'm in north east Illinois...Antioch.
I'll take any wood.
Soft or hard.
I can also travel to your job site, with my trailer, and chainsaws...and even a couple of laborers, to assist. Just want the wood.
eMail me at: [email protected]

Southern VT: Brattleboro/Dummerston

I'm always looking to get ahead with our wood supply.

We've got a weekend house in Dummerston...just a minute or two from the covered bridge. I'm not really picky; I'll even take pine for the firepit. I've got a saw, so I can cut stuff if it comes a bit long.

Feel free to zip me a PM. It'll notify me by e-mail and that gets sent to my phone.

Always looking for free wood

willing to cut, pick up, whatever pretty much anywhere in Knox, Waldo, and Lincoln counties of Central and Mid Coast Maine. For decent hardwood will go further
615.1809 (maine area code)

Free firewood

I will take all your hardwood firewood logs you can give me...pine too. Cut up or not. I can pick up too. My truck can hold about three cords 10' long logs max and my trailer much more it can handle logs up to 14' in length. Let me know if you have wood within a 40 mile radius of Manhattan, Illinois. Thanks so much.

I'm in the central Kentucky area ( Lexington ) and looking for any source of wood, be it standing, down, leased, free, or what have you.

email is [email protected]

many thanks,
Dave

Latest posts

Back