Fuel?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You had better watch those Roanoke cops.

You can go see where I cut over 100 acres of timber on bent mountain near Tanglewood mall. . .

As for Colmen fuel for saw gas goes, try it if you got a saw that you are willing to say bye bye to. . . im pretty sure its just kerosene. . .

Very seldom ever go to Roanoke anymore, I have been out in Rocky Mount for the last 3-4 years. I have a lot of respect for the Roanoke County Police, but the city police is a different story. The city has a few real dingle berries work for them.

attachment.php

My guess, and it's just a guess is lantern fuel is a highly pure form of gasoline. Because it's often used indoors it lacks all the additives that regular gas has. Making the fumes less toxic and keeping the lantern clean of deposits that could make the lantern not function rite. I have a friend that use to just use regular gas in his lanterns, but he never uses them indoors.

I have used unleaded gas in my Coleman lanterns and stoves for the last 45 years.
My parents ran a remote fishing camp for 49 years and all the lanterns used white gas thats what unleaded was called years ago in Canada or marine gas.
The generators would plug on leaded and your worst fear was some dough head putting mixed gas in the lamp
It would smoke and the flame would surge up and down until the generator plugged. It didnt take long on those old heavy mix ratios.
Wouldnt bother me in the least to mix up a tank for the saw if all I had was Coleman fuel but I have never tried it.
Kash

Latest posts

Back