Fun with some saws today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My BIL called me last week about a downed maple at a building is sister owns. I was a good chance for me to run a couple saws I just finished. It was a good sized maple and my choice to bring mid/high 50cc saws was appropriate. I brought along my echo CS 4600, Dolmar PS 540, and Poulan Pro 330.
Ritchie had his husky 460 and a poulan 3700 custom I gave to him a while back.
I started with the echo first, this was my first run with it and the carb needed some fine tuning, I lost my screwdriver in the leaves so I only made a few cuts with it. I DID fine tune it when I got home and it is a fine runner. I always bring my Dolmar cause it always runs great, that saw is fun to run, balances well and I think the 3/8"/16"is the best combo.
My biggest surprise was the 330. I got that saw on ebay as a low hour runner, its pretty much brand new as far as I can see. I bought the new bar and swapped it over to 3/8" from .325. That saw is an animal. Super fast, low vibes and just fun to run! I know some had carb issues, mine doesnt. The muffler is stock, Ive heard opening the muffler up really helps.
Was a good time, the saws ran good and we have some nice free maple:msp_smile:
The saws today, Echo not pictured.
DSCF0699.jpg

Ritchie next to the tree
DSCF0694.jpg

3700 making chips
DSCF0696.jpg

DSCF0698.jpg

Tree bucked
DSCF0700-1.jpg

Loaded and time to watch football
DSCF0703.jpg

Looks like you had a fun enjoyable day. I love running my 3450 (green 330), it's equiped with a 18" .325 8pin and mm. Like you say they are an animal.

It was, didnt take long, about an hour and a half but was a good time. Of course my wifes brother, my other BIL is a lazy "intellectual" who thinks its foolish work and "would pay someone else to do it". We don't see eye to eye on much...
Id like to find a 3450 too!

Looks like your lazy intellectual b.i.l. is doing all the work - who's the more intelligent one? LOL!
:laugh:

Joe, there right about MM the 330. Makes a bit of difference.

You know though, you will probably go to Hell for painting that 3700 up like that... :hmm3grin2orange:

Im sure, its a runner right out of the box! I wish Id bought 2 when they were at TSC.
Haha, best running orange and gray saw Iver ever run.......:cool2:

Joe, I see you found a way to get Sthil prices for a Poulan saw!:msp_sneaky: :ices_rofl:
Looks like ya had a fun day!

:cheers:
Gregg,

I gave him that one! That saw is a beast too, runs real strong and those rakers are pretty low. Im still not sure if that saw is a 4000, if you guys remember back a few years ago, I had bought it on ebay for parts, and it had parts from 4 saws on it! But, it had the 4000 flywheel and and the thin rings (but the 3700s do too). I then painted it blue, ran it for a while sold it to a guy from school. He was clueless, always bugging me saying the saw wont start, wasnt the saw was the dummy not setting the trigger lock or using the choke! I finally took it back and gave hime a 435 Husky; you know the ones that have the cute cartoons and bubble lettering on them telling you how to pull the starter cord;)
Ritchie acually found me the echo at a yard sale for $5, I put another $30 into it replaced all the lines, carbkit, boot and an AV. It looks new, nice little saw.

Latest posts

Back