Getting your kids involved...Pictures...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to think that the crayon pictures on the wall were a bit much too, until I had two.

Isn't that the truth, I used to hate that stuff all the horrible drawings and such tacked up on the refrig.
It all changed when I had a little boy and now he is proud to color something for me and give it to me, how in the world do you not hang it up? I guess it isn't the quality but what it means, some day I will miss the horrible crayons colorings:)

As soon as I can afford it I am getting my junk snipped. I would do it myself if I knew how. I will not have any screaming rugrats running around my house on my watch.

As soon as I can afford it I am getting my junk snipped. I would do it myself if I knew how. I will not have any screaming rugrats running around my house on my watch.

You really don't need medical intervention to prevent kids, sure a vesectomy is effective, however you can get similar result with a bottle of tylenol, a 3 pound sledge, and an anvil.

You really don't need medical intervention to prevent kids, sure a vesectomy is effective, however you can get similar result with a bottle of tylenol, a 3 pound sledge, and an anvil.

Or from what I've read here, his personality.

Now that made me smile:greenchainsaw:
Not sure if I could do that here in NY without being arrested for endangering the welfare of a child:dizzy: :censored:

Here's a couple more from our 2005 logging.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Awesome pic! Kids are awesome, I can't wait until my 10 month old is big enough to come out with me in the woods :)

Tes

Adorable! I can't imagine life without the little ones! We have another coming in May! :)

Kids are great. I love my 17 month girl with all my heart. She loves being outside. She used to be scared of the sound of my saws, but now she goes "vroom, vroom" when she hears them running. Hopefully she'll want to help daddy with firewood when she gets big enough.

jcappe, congrats on the to-be new addition. :clap:

Kevin

Two of my boys stacked most of the wood outside for me, they are 4 and 7. The stacks were a little wobbly and loose but it looked alot better than a big pile like I would have done.

Maybe next year 30 30 youth hunt, we will see how my grand son matures,
he had form some at three. This photo is a year and a half old, he set
patiently in the blind this year and nothing showed for three hours. I
know he can be quiet and with my supervision he may get his first deer
at six!

Agreed...Thanks to everyone w/ the thread appropiate post...Getting kids involved in the outdoors is very important to me...

This morning on the NH NPR station, the weekly wildlife feature, "Something Wild" was talking about that same thing. The imprtance of unstructured time just rampling out in the woods, finding salamanders under rotten logs, identifying animals by the tracks they leave, etc. That's where my love of the outdoors comes from.

burnt wood for approx 35 years now---and when the kids were young--they helped. tree went down, they drug what they could for branches-id stack, and go back to cutting. ex would be sawing also---her friend edumacated her about working that hard----id punch that puke woman friend in the mouth to this day---she caused a few breakups---kids growled about it some, but they enjoyed the warmth of the stove. esp after coming in the house from sleeding or snowfights, or fort building!!!!!!!!!!! we were really a team--all of us---

Latest posts

Back