Getting your kids involved...Pictures...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AOD you're funny man. I felt the same way as you for awhile, but I now have the first one on its way....due literally any minute. Not looking forward to changing dirty diapers, losing sleep, etc. etc. I joke with my wife maybe we can get an exchange program where we send the kid off until its 18 and then we get it back. But I'm sure once I hold the little sucker I'll melt into a puddle.

Plus, someone's gotta take care of me when I'm old!

Sorry I can't contribute to this great thread yet. I have enjoyed seeing everyone's helpers though.
You sound just like me. It took my wife TEN years to talk me into it. I was the one that never wanted kids.. Now all of a sudden I have a two year old son.

He is everything to me. We are best buddies. Its unbelievable how much they can change you. Now I would like another but I think my wife is done.

Sure there is a transitional period but you will make it thought it... Good times ahead my man enjoy every minute of it.:cheers:

Not really, I just hate kids and the fact that the world has to be made "TV-14" for the sake of lame "Family Values". Families suck, leave me alone.

Hmmmmmm bitter almost vile, how long have you had these terrible feelings? If you really feel that way you need help, kids are wonderful, they are the best things in life. I recommend you seek help for your mental difficulties before you become too hate filled and remember it is not them that is the problem, it is you.

Hmmmmmm bitter almost vile, how long have you had these terrible feelings? If you really feel that way you need help, kids are wonderful, they are the best things in life. I recommend you seek help for your mental difficulties before you become too hate filled and remember it is not them that is the problem, it is you.

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

i remember helpin my dad at around 5 caryin wood to our '65 jeep and trying to pick up our 044 with no bar and bringing it to him fro repairs. i still cut wit him a bit but now that im the one that does 99.99999999% of the cutting i think of it as tabu but then iremember the good old days when bush was just elected and i had a little brother that wan't a pain in my neck,back,and,ears. but i alwasys remember my dad takin me cutting having the ear muffs on pretending to be like daddy exept never had a camera sadly.now im showing my brother how to use a saw with every pice of ppe i have.and now my dad just sits and watches as i drive away on the property to go cut the seasons wood.and i think he just sits back an relishes in the good ol' days where you could use a ar-15 in national forest without getting a court case and jail time threatend toward you.

Here are my two, they both love stacking wood, probably won't last much longer.

attachment.php

All I have to do is walk through Wal Mart on a Saturday morning for all the incentive I will ever need to keep my pants zipped up for a very long time.

while thats true--it aint the kids fault--its the SLOPPY parents fault, and a lot of them never grew up, or were spoiled rotten by the parents, hence the brat kids------------------------but--you have some issues you need help with--

Last edited:
Don't have kids, don't want kids. I do my wood chores solo.

AOD: Let me think about this......Last week you posted pic's with you and an older fella makin wood and havin fun.....so, you dont make wood byself correct? All resonses to that post were positive correct? What gives here? You find it necessary to post about your feelings about kids in a negative manner? Wow, your an idiot. Don't worry, I won't call for your babysitting service......

Isn't that the truth, I used to hate that stuff all the horrible drawings and such tacked up on the refrig.
It all changed when I had a little boy and now he is proud to color something for me and give it to me, how in the world do you not hang it up? I guess it isn't the quality but what it means, some day I will miss the horrible crayons colorings:)

I don't think anyone understands the love for a child, until they have their own. And they do grow up fast.

This little guy is 23 now.

Simp3.jpg

Here's both my guys a few years later.
Son on the left is 20 now.

I'm blessed.

Simp1.jpg

Kevin

I do not have any kids and I wish I had. It really gets me when people complain about how bad kids are. But they never take the time with the kids and teach them anything and make them feel proud about working. As kids our summer vacation was always going to the farm and help with bailing hay and it was always fun for us.

This is the log splitter my Grandpa and brother built 20 years ago. Its mine now. My nephew has been running it since he was three. My niece has been running it since she was five. My nephew loves working it so much I bribe him with it to be good in school. If he is good in school he can come over and split wood even if I have to go cut down a tree just so he can;)

SPLITTER.JPG

Great thread thanks for starting it!! I love seeing the all the kids working and having fun.

Billy

It's amazing how kids act differently around different parents. I notice when I get my girls from my ex that my oldest who is 5 now really drags her feet and is really kind of unruly. As soon as we are in the car back to my place she does what she is told when she is told. I am not the kind of father who rules with an iron fist, but they really seem to mind me a lot better. Even tonight when the ex came to pick them up we let them play outside for a few minutes and when it was time to go Leigha (my oldest) wouldn't come off of the swing until I started walking out to get her. It's like a switch turns on whenever their mom is around.

I would like someday to have the kids around to help with wood, but they are both afraid of the saw because of the noise, but if I have some already cut they help load and like to watch me load the stove and bring small pieces to me.

Kyle

Great pics fellas! :cheers: I have a 12 and 18 year old.
Looking at all these kid pics make me want another one...But it'll pass. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back