Goodbye MS250...Hello MS361 :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5shot

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just sold my MS250 today, so tomorrow it's off to the Dealer for my new MS361 :hmm3grin2orange:

I am going to get the 20" ES bar and some RS Skip and RM Full Comp and get started with the clearing project on my dad's property.

Once I get it broken in and a few cords under it, I will get the muffler mod taken care of too.

Thanks to all of you guys for the great wealth of knowledge you have put together on this forum :bowdown: .

John

Yup.....you will do OK with this saw.......I love mine :clap: I only got a 16 inch bar on mine......it eats wood for lunch :greenchainsaw:

Good choice. But there's no need for a skip on a 20" bar, unless you just wan't it? 361's are 3/8" pitch...so you'll be running RSC if you want full comp.

Good Luck!
OLY-JIM

I have 2 bars for mine an 18 and a 24 I run RSC on both. I though about skip on the 24 but there is no need to.

Yea it is less teeth to sharpen but you will be sharpening more often as there are less teeth to cut with.

enjoy...:greenchainsaw:

SKIP the SKIP unless you go 24" or longer you could probably even pull fullcomp with an 8pin sprocket with the 361 on smaller bars they are strong runners.

well... I happen to like skip.... keeps the revs high....and that's where I like it. 90% if the chain we sell to pros is skip.

I think Im going to run skip on my 20"

Might handle an 8t down low, but definately run the 7t up in the high country.

MS361 is Good stuff. Skip on a 20" bar? Dunno about that one. :confused:

It probably will mean slower cutting, as I don't think you will gain enough rpms/chain speed to compensate for one third less cutters in the wood.

Skip will also be less smooth in the cut.

Try both options, and be happy ever after!

Last edited:
Just sold my MS250 today, so tomorrow it's off to the Dealer for my new MS361 :hmm3grin2orange:

I am going to get the 20" ES bar and some RS Skip and RM Full Comp and get started with the clearing project on my dad's property.

Once I get it broken in and a few cords under it, I will get the muffler mod taken care of too.

Thanks to all of you guys for the great wealth of knowledge you have put together on this forum :bowdown: .

John

Good choice. The 361 is a world of difference than the 250. The 20" ES bar is a good choice for it too.

why'd you sell the MS250?!?! I absolutely LOVE that little saw after hefting the 044 all day. I suppose you have the best of both worlds in that 361 however:cheers:

Latest posts

Back