Got Wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkfxr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Five of these stacks is what I spent the last two weeks collecting after I got off from the 50 hour week job.
P1010144.jpg

P1010147.jpg

Hope it ain't a cold winter.

That would keep you busy for a while I hope you get some help so you can get it all bucked and split. With all that wood I would buy instead of renting.

I bought a use splitter from home depot for $700 I think it is about 20 ton. It has a 8hp Honda engine and has split every thing I have put under it.

If I had the funds I would like that American splitter with the log lift, looks awesome !

I'm using an older Stihl 044, 20 inch with Woodsman Pro skiptooth to cut with. I have a 6 x 10 dump trailer with 2' sides with a cheap HF 8000 lb winch mounted on the front and a HF truck bed hoist with an electric 2500 lb winch mounted in the right rear corner. Cut the logs in 9' lengths, strap them, winch them to the back of the trailer (painfully slow), pick the end up with the hoist and finish winching them into the bed. My father and I have an old worn out New Holland L555 skidsteer loader that I use with the forks to sort and stack the logs with after they're dumped. It's a lot faster and you can haul more wood in log lengths. There's about 8 good loads there in the 5 new stacks. As for splitter, that's a whole other subject. I'm getting ready to torch mine apart and start over.... again.

Thanks everyone for all of the comments. Whenever the good Lord sends free firewood my way, I try to jump on it. Fortunately, in thirtysomeodd years of burning wood, I've never had to buy any, it keeps showing up in one form or another. Seems like the older I get, the easier it is to get also, not as far back in the woods and not as steep. All of the 5 new stacks in the pictures were right on the side of the road. The only reason I had to pull the short stick in the truck was to keep the left side tires from spinning after it rained, the right side tires were on the pavement.

Latest posts

Back