GTG around north carolina 4-18-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,
Loading logs today I'll try and be there at 8:00 or so. If anyone has a good work saw say a 044 or 046 they want to part with I'm in the market for one?
Looking forward to it.
Joe ("Possum"):clap:

My buddy an I would like to come, but we are having to get ready for the big show here. Maybe everyone could do the same again this fall. I sure would like to see everyone elses saws. I also have to cut wood for my grandmother tomorrow and a couple of my buddies are coming down from Richmond that I only get to see about twice a year. Just not a good time for me. Hope yall can do this again later this year. I would love to participate.

My buddy an I would like to come, but we are having to get ready for the big show here. Maybe everyone could do the same again this fall. I sure would like to see everyone elses saws. I also have to cut wood for my grandmother tomorrow and a couple of my buddies are coming down from Richmond that I only get to see about twice a year. Just not a good time for me. Hope yall can do this again later this year. I would love to participate.

I'm sure we can get one lined up for fall, I'd rather cut in the cold anyway.:D

Should be high 70s.:clap:

If anyone has some 044, 046, 440, 460 parts, bring 'em and let me take a look. I have 041 parts if ya'll need any, post so I will know what to bring.

Guys ya'll have fun, I'm not going to make it, I have an appointment with a bunch of dead presidents tomorrow.

here i was planning on meeting everyone

well time for me to get some shut eye have to get on the road by 5 am so i can get there in the 4 hrs

that way i can be beating the rush traffic in kinston and goldsboro
hopefully will be able to make all the stop lights with them being flashing yellow

has anyone seen or heard from mountainman ?

getting a late start. save me a few cuts guys.

:greenchainsaw:

Had a blast fellas good to meet all of you and really enjoyed getting to run some other peoples saws. Also an extra thanks to 2K for letting me borrow his tach to set my saws.

hey all i just pulled into my drive way here so i made it home safely had some supper in goldsboro at mccalls after that left and got home safely enjoyed that husq saw go ahead and post that picture i want everyone to see that smile on me face

thanks
calvin

thank you possum for getting that .404 .050 gauge chain from me hope it works good for you not to mention that xp 1000 air filter

JT nice for you to let me use your saw

thank you for the pineappple cake 2000ssm6

67 Mustang and wanab nice meeting you all also

woah heee haww i just looked at my orders i only knew of 2 this morning the ones that called me on the phone i have had 12 orders today

Last edited:
WOW!

it was great to meet everyone. great people and really great saws. we all ran each others and it was loads of fun. weather was 85 and sunny. Tony let us cut in a shady area so heat was not a problem. i still got lots of sun

thanks to all who made this happen! we had a small but great group.

i got lots of good videos if the peeps want to see them. ill post with the saw owners consent. Brian and his much better half took MANY pictures.

so many great saws. some real standouts!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Yup, good to meet everyone!

JT: You can use the tach anytime, I'll mail it if ya need it again. That 395 is a beast for sure! The "three fiddy nine" cut well also but man that 395 was screaming.:chainsaw: The 7900 impressed me, not too far at all from the ported 460 and 395. You might want to think about porting saws on the side.:cheers:

Wanabe: that 346 was quick again but man that 361 was rolling! That thing was turning some crazy rpms, Ed did a great job on that bad boy.

Calvin: Nice to meet ya, I think you had enough parts in your van to build a saw and mower! Good to hear you got some orders, that phone was ringing all day.:clap: Anytime on the cakes, we will have to cook some burgers next time.

Joe and son: I think you and your boy have got a pretty bad case of CAD! I liked all your saws, the 084 was a big 'un!, time for that 84" bar.:hmm3grin2orange: The 394 ran good considering the $$$ in it. That 029S was the quickest one I've run yet. Let us know when ya'll pull that 359 apart and give her a new meaning.:chainsawguy:

Steve: You got to let us know the secret on how to keep a saw so clean.:rock: Nice stable of clean saws! That 5100 ran great for only a tank of fuel through it. Give me a shout when you want that 361 muffler done.

Guys bear with me on the pics, my allergies kicked my butt today and I stihl feel terrible.:cry::dizzy:

Thanks Tony for letting us use the shop for the meeting area, we got all the cookies up but didn't know what to do with the chips. I'll have to bring a few bags next time. I was hoping to get a few things but ya'll were swamped, I'll have to visit again.

Last edited:
WOW!

it was great to meet everyone. great people and really great saws. we all ran each others and it was loads of fun. weather was 85 and sunny. Tony let us cut in a shady area so heat was not a problem. i still got lots of sun

i got lots of good videos if the peeps want to see them. ill post with the saw owners consent. Brian and his much better half took MANY pictures.

You can post any of mine, I'd like to see how close the 7900, 395, 460 and 361 were in that poplar.

Joe AKA "smilin possum" and his quick 029S
attachment.php

Joe's son and that 394, get a brake handle for that monster!!!:D:D
attachment.php

Steve AKA "67 Mustang", forgot the saw's model but it pulled chips great!
attachment.php

Jason AKA "JT78" and the ported 359.
attachment.php

Calvin AKA "lawnmowertech37" and JT's 395.
attachment.php

Thanks 2K I dont mind porting one or two but I cant do too many at a time and get them back quickly. I dont want to be like some of the builders I hear about that hang on to someones saw for months on end.

WOW!

Post away! :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back