GTG around north carolina 4-18-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously thinking about that muffler mod. I have a new reason to hang on to all these saws. Was thinking about selling a few of them. This is turning into a cool sport! :)

Wonder if JT can port a 361? He'd prob'ly sabotage it for sure.

Yeah, I got to have a talk with him about that Stihl riding in the trailer.:D

Modded saws are addictive, as you can see. I haven't modded a saw that responds better to a muffler mod than the 361, mine sure was impressive afterwards.

i wonder if they ever got that alarm off cause it was going still when i left

i pulled out i think around 4: 05 took me 20 minutes to get out of asheboro due to traffic jams

oh wanabe i will get that address i need directions too and pm you that info

More Pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These pictures are similar to ones already shown but I needed the experience posting them. Sorry I didn't get a picture of everyone. Didn't catch Joe or Calvin in action.

Last edited:
little possum here

aka Zachary, Dad wasnt lyin im only 19. Just wanted to say I had a great time meetin yall and runnin your saws. Enjoyed the chance to see some other saws in action. Some of my friends question my obsession with chainsaws but I told them they have never seen or run a saw till they run a ported saw, I was very impressed, especially with JTs 359 because of the difference in his and dads saws. Yall have a great bunch of saws.
Lookin forward to gettin Oscar tuned up and get a chain break on it.
Well thanks to yall for a good time and lookin forward to the next GTG.

Do any of yall know if the 350 Husky can be ported? Lookin to upgrade its power

Congratulations!

aka Zachary, Dad wasnt lyin im only 19. Just wanted to say I had a great time meetin yall and runnin your saws. Enjoyed the chance to see some other saws in action. Some of my friends question my obsession with chainsaws but I told them they have never seen or run a saw till they run a ported saw, I was very impressed, especially with JTs 359 because of the difference in his and dads saws. Yall have a great bunch of saws.

Congrats on your first post, Little Possum! :clap:

zachary that husky i told you i had i just looked and its a 371XP

i really hate i missed the gtg guys, i had to be out of town all weekend...i couldnt even get online to let you guys know i couldnt make it.

a fine running vintage saw was JT78's Stihl 041 Farmboss. this thing really hauled the mail.

i did not have the pleasure of running it but it was said to really rumble.

:chainsaw:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0bklfWWfQP8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0bklfWWfQP8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

next is a saw most know little about. a very underrated saw the Redmax G5000. its a firey vintage saw that runs at high RPM. i call this one lil' Devil. the chain was rather dull and i neglected to bring files. i should have asked JT78 to hook me up. i wanted to pick one up from Tony but the place was busier that the mustang ranch on friday night.

the saw was not running at its best but it managed to make a respectable showing for a stock saw. this is what i ended up with on my ebay quest for a $100 pro saw that many said couldnt be done. it was running .325 chain.

:hmm3grin2orange:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UDdpRoIz0RM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UDdpRoIz0RM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Calvin you do have a point maybe we could start a new thread with the videos from the NC GTG so everybody can enjoy the videos.

Calvin you do have a point maybe we could start a new thread with the videos from the NC GTG so everybody can enjoy the videos.

after last years GTG lots had a bad taste in their mouth so they are boycotting.

:laugh:

Latest posts

Back