GTG around north carolina 4-18-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ocean Isle

wilmington vacinity

thats a good strand there

one of these days im going to try and see how long it takes by speed boat to go from pt a to pt b intra coastal waterway is a good way to travel by boat

happen to be 2 miles from it

next gtg i am going to ask if anyone has a camping stove to bring it i will bring the cooking utensils i want to make some homemade white chilli to see how everyone likes it

Last edited:
Asheboro is so close I don't even need a soft drink for the ride there! But even 150 - 200 miles is not far for me. At least not for the kind of comrodrary I see here.

I must say I agree with smilin possum; It's never too hot to cut for me. I just don't do it for long. He also mentioned we are welcome to come cut some logs he has on the yard and I might just take him up on that. He's in Gold Hill - that's where the first gold rush in North America took place. Ever pan for gold? That is one of my other interests. Just about as tough on your back as cutting wood, but your feet stay cooler.

67 Mustang - I hope that fastback in the photo is yours! It looks great! One of my uncles has a 69 Shelby GT 350. And yes, he still drives it a little! If you are around Pinnacle or Pilot Mountain you might see doing just that.

Hate you missed it Rob. We had it in Asheboro in Mid April. Not that far for you to come. There's a few of us talking about another one sometime in the fall. Nothing definite yet.

Steve

Hey Rob,
This gang from NC is wild. We had a blast at the GTG. The ones that did show up were super nice and helpful. I made a bunch of friends that day. My boy says their his new hero's. If we can help you out just let us know. Just beware there are a few lunnies on here like me.

Watch out for the lunnies? Who is going to save you guys from me?! :dizzy:I can see the women hiding the children right now...Watch out, son, there's wood chips coming your way! :blob2:

:blob2:
Hey Rob,
This gang from NC is wild. We had a blast at the GTG. The ones that did show up were super nice and helpful. I made a bunch of friends that day. My boy says their his new hero's. If we can help you out just let us know. Just beware there are a few lunnies on here like me.

Asheboro is so close I don't even need a soft drink for the ride there! But even 150 - 200 miles is not far for me. At least not for the kind of comrodrary I see here.

I must say I agree with smilin possum; It's never too hot to cut for me. I just don't do it for long. He also mentioned we are welcome to come cut some logs he has on the yard and I might just take him up on that. He's in Gold Hill - that's where the first gold rush in North America took place. Ever pan for gold? That is one of my other interests. Just about as tough on your back as cutting wood, but your feet stay cooler.

67 Mustang - I hope that fastback in the photo is yours! It looks great! One of my uncles has a 69 Shelby GT 350. And yes, he still drives it a little! If you are around Pinnacle or Pilot Mountain you might see doing just that.

That is indeed my fastback in the avatar, Rob. Got rid of it a few years ago. She's still on my mind from time to time though.

With Possum's blessing we could set up a time to go down to his place and do a little bit of cutting on the yard. 2K just modded my muffler on my 361 last week. I need to get some more tanks through her. We could just do a mini-GTG. Those that can make it can. I don't mind cutting in the heat some. Just drink a lot and get in the shade and talk a lot. I'm free most any time but a Saturday might suit more folks better. Thing I hate about that is that Justin (JT78) usually works on Saturdays, other wise he might come.

Steve

Watch out for the lunnies? Who is going to save you guys from me?! :dizzy:I can see the women hiding the children right now...Watch out, son, there's wood chips coming your way! :blob2:

:blob2:

The youngin' prob'ly won't mind. We'll have a pile of chips bit enough to play in in no time. Who knows?! Might even create a new saw enthusiast to take over where we leave off. Shoot! We'll have fuel mix coursing through his veins in no time. Just look at Zach.

Steve

I am in, of course. Should shoot for a date before duck season :). Smilin possum does not like when hunting season comes in because he can not find me

All jokes aside, somebody set a date and I will try to be there

I am in, of course. Should shoot for a date before duck season :). Smilin possum does not like when hunting season comes in because he can not find me

All jokes aside, somebody set a date and I will try to be there

Ya'll look at what I have to put up with, he don't even know we are talking about doing this at his own house. The boy is a ding-a-ling but he can saw for a little fellar.
A good Saturday workout sounds like fun.

Possum 1 - 2

You guys crack me up! You both seem like great guys - maybe I should join the club and change my screen name to "Dead Possum." Some folks might agree with it in that they sometimes say I'm about as fast as a dead one. But I maintain I smell better. :) Especially if you like the smell of the steak they tied to me to get the dog to play with me...

Don't know if you are big on Echo, but I picked up a CST 610 EVL yesterday. The "T" stands for twin, as in two cylinders! They are horizontally opposed like a Subaru or Porsche engine and supposedly run with very little vibration. If I can get some time and get it running I think everybody that makes it to the GTG would want a cut with it. I have high hopes for it. Still it's only 61cc but what the heck, it ought to be fun!

You guys crack me up! You both seem like great guys - maybe I should join the club and change my screen name to "Dead Possum." Some folks might agree with it in that they sometimes say I'm about as fast as a dead one. But I maintain I smell better. :) Especially if you like the smell of the steak they tied to me to get the dog to play with me...

Don't know if you are big on Echo, but I picked up a CST 610 EVL yesterday. The "T" stands for twin, as in two cylinders! They are horizontally opposed like a Subaru or Porsche engine and supposedly run with very little vibration. If I can get some time and get it running I think everybody that makes it to the GTG would want a cut with it. I have high hopes for it. Still it's only 61cc but what the heck, it ought to be fun!

I'd definitely like to see that twin in action. Hope you can get her going, Rob.

I never ran an Echo saw but have 3 echo trimmers and the wife loves them. They have been good ones, so if the saws are half as good as the trimmers they may be alright. I just like saws always have. If I find one I like I get um and play with it a while and then sell it or trade it for something else. So I mess with all of them no matter what brand. But to fund my CAD I run the ones I trust and that do the work for me.

As you can see from my sig. We are into Stihl and Huskey with a small list of little Macs for climbing and some old Homelites for show. None of ours are without a muffler mod. So I guess we don't have a true stock saw, but that's the way I like um. We don't make much money but we have a good time at everything we do. Little Possum Is my little boy and he is a hoot. He ain't got a lick of sense just like his Momma. Here is a link to him if it works. See what happens we you feed um wood chips and good mix. Everyone seems to think he looks like a smaller copy of me. Don't know. Saw on my friend, and be safe.

If yall set a date let me know I can always try to get off work especially if it involves running a chainsaw.

Altered photo?

Hey Smilin Possum, If that photo has not been altered I think I'd cut back on the insults. <gulp> If Little Possum can hold that Stihl with one hand I'd have to say there is nuthin' little about him! I mean I can toss a saw around probably better than the average man, but give me a break! Looks like Little Possum could toss us humans all around! :censored:

Little Possum Is my little boy and he is a hoot. He ain't got a lick of sense just like his Momma. Here is a link to him if it works. See what happens we you feed um wood chips and good mix. Everyone seems to think he looks like a smaller copy of me. Don't know. Saw on my friend, and be safe.

I am mostly harmless. I wish I could hold the 084 like that. But the NC guys are a good bunch, hopefully the next GTG will have a bigger turnout.

how is October 17th ? same place Asheboro

how is October 17th ? same place Asheboro or closer cause its a haul from the coast to winston

by that time it should be nicer temps etc. and i should be out of this bankruptcy situation by then

not to mention you guys remember seeing my express van guess what im turning it into ?

a mobile repair shop it will have the oregon chainsaw chain grinder on board along with other tools so in case someone needs a chain sharpened i will be to availability to do it right on the vehicle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back