GTG around north carolina 4-18-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, had a great time!:cheers: Nothing like getting a bunch of saw nuts together and doing some :chainsaw: Now we got to plan another.:D

Cool beans. One of these years I'm gonna show up at one of those and not only are the chips gonna fly so is the BS from the master himself,LOL

Yeah I think we all had a good time. Looking forward to the next one maybe we can get a few more people there I really enjoyed putting some names and faces together.

It was great to meet everybody. Also the saws we cool to. Me and Little Possum have picked up 3 more saws since then and are going to give some of them a mod job to see what will happen. Looking forward to the next one.
"Possum":chainsaw:

Cool beans. One of these years I'm gonna show up at one of those and not only are the chips gonna fly so is the BS from the master himself,LOL

FINALLY we get the long awaited blessing from the master!

:greenchainsaw:

maybe next time you can bring Mr. Drippy and we will see if the "queen of saws" A.K.A. my 361 can "git er' done".

Last edited:
that looked like a lot of fun,,, but, with all that cuttin, how come the log doesn't seem to be getting shorter?? camera angle i guess................

Possum brought a special "made in NC" log that just kept growing for us so we didn't have to handle any logs since we didn't have any equipment to move them. LOL

that looked like a lot of fun,,, but, with all that cuttin, how come the log doesn't seem to be getting shorter?? camera angle i guess................

KB,

The log was from a rare NC tree: the coniferus viagrus.

ole joat

GTG in NC?

I'm in Winston-Salem and I'd love to have a GTG here in NC! Can't believe I missed the last one :mad: I'd love to give my Pioneer Farmsaw a good run and compare it with the others, including my Makita 6401.

Maybe if we get enough "Like minds" together... who knows what might happen? Have some good food and good times. Rob

I'm in Winston-Salem and I'd love to have a GTG here in NC! Can't believe I missed the last one :mad: I'd love to give my Pioneer Farmsaw a good run and compare it with the others, including my Makita 6401.

Maybe if we get enough "Like minds" together... who knows what might happen? Have some good food and good times. Rob

Hate you missed it Rob. We had it in Asheboro in Mid April. Not that far for you to come. There's a few of us talking about another one sometime in the fall. Nothing definite yet.

Steve

Hate you missed it Rob. We had it in Asheboro in Mid April. Not that far for you to come. There's a few of us talking about another one sometime in the fall. Nothing definite yet.

Steve

next one we have i will make it a vacation take my digital camera and make it a trip to the zoo first t hen go to a hotel stay over and be at the gtg the following day

Yeah, that was the weekend I had to work...hated missing that one. Looks like you guys had just as good of a time as well as we did at ours last weekend.

Anyone that wants to give ideas for a fall GTG date, go ahead. Way too hot to cut now.:angry::angry:

:D

it will have to be when i get out of bankruptcy can you believe rh donnelley took out papers on me n wake county courthouse i gave them papers to my attorney they told me i did not have to do anything

currently my site is down with server issues i hope they get it fixed before long cause im loosing $ when it is not functioning

That's why I can't access it.....thought it was the firewall here.

yea i got a email this morning something with the hard drive on the server was having serious issues depending on what all is on that hard drive must be alot of data cause its been down all morning

cant wait till its up again

one good thing though allows me some quiet time

Hey Folks,
What has been going on. It's been slow here and hot. But 2k it never gets to hot to cut wood. I got a bunch of trees to cut but can't get my helper and his Mom to come home from the beach to do it.
I have picked up a bunch of saws and been tinkering with them.

I am all for another GTG we really enjoyed it. When the ideas start to come in let me know. I'll do all I can to help get it together and try to supply some or all the wood if I can.

Hope you are all well and look forward to seeing everybody again soon.:chainsawguy:

Hey Folks,
What has been going on. It's been slow here and hot. But 2k it never gets to hot to cut wood. I got a bunch of trees to cut but can't get my helper and his Mom to come home from the beach to do it.
I have picked up a bunch of saws and been tinkering with them.

I am all for another GTG we really enjoyed it. When the ideas start to come in let me know. I'll do all I can to help get it together and try to supply some or all the wood if I can.

Hope you are all well and look forward to seeing everybody again soon.:chainsawguy:

which beach ?

That was fast it's me again, I just thought I'd throw this out there to all the real local gang, I have logs on the yard at any given time and if any of ya'll need to try out a saw or just want to run one and don't have a place to do it, you can do it here. I'm in Gold Hill it's about an hour drive from Charlotte, Greensboro, and Winston. It's just a thought but you guys are welcome any time. I just need a little advance notice.
There are a great bunch of people on here and that would be a way to maybe help somebody out if need be. :chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back