guys CAD is not a word or an abreviation for chainsaw addiction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be a thread that will probably piss everyone off or not, lets call it a rant and let it go but I wanna state my opinion and then I'm done stating my opinion. I blew out my acl actually making a living with a saw instead of wishing I could and since I came to learn that most of the folks that have opinions about how a tool should work have no more aspirations than to have a video on you-tube that they can post on this site to get recognized or say look how fast I can cut with a 15" bar or how a 80 cc saw should sport no more than a 20". Bottom line I dont care about muffler mods or how much a saw weighs with gas in it or a chain that weighs 8 ozs more. In closing Husky is as good as stihl, the 361 is way overpriced! Dolmar lies about their weight and the 575 and 441 are good saws, the 372 460 are awesome, most people will never ever need a 660 but yet evreyone on here says you need one and a firewood cutter only needs two saws, one thats stuck and one to free it. For those I offende I appologize!

Hahahahaha. I shattered my knee, and ripped the acl completely in two while actually making a living with chainsaws, & skidders, and a sawmill. The average length of bar that I run is 28" (unless I'm racing). I do own 2 saws that haven't been muffler modded (just haven't got around to it yet). I prefer Husky over Stihl (but Stihl makes a good saw), and I like Dolmar & Solo also. I agree the 361 is way over priced. The 575 and 441 are both DOG's at my altitude, so they are both worthless as tit's on a boar hog to me. I don't need a 660 because I have a 3120. For those that I offend........................ Tough sh!t.

Oh, and by the way. Here's a couple of video's for your enjoyment.

Andy

Hahahahaha. I shattered my knee, and ripped the acl completely in two while actually making a living with chainsaws, & skidders, and a sawmill. The average length of bar that I run is 28" (unless I'm racing). I do own 2 saws that haven't been muffler modded (just haven't got around to it yet). I prefer Husky over Stihl (but Stihl makes a good saw), and I like Dolmar & Solo also. I agree the 361 is way over priced. The 575 and 441 are both DOG's at my altitude, so they are both worthless as tit's on a boar hog to me. I don't need a 660 because I have a 3120. For those that I offend........................ Tough sh!t.

Andy

With one of your chains any saw could do good!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Andy

That's some fast sawing!! Thanks for the videos.
Just to make it clear - I have the utmost respect for anyone who makes their living with a chainsaw. My Dad put many a meal on our table with one. I started restoring them with one like he used - the Mall GP. He'd go out cutting till the wee hours after spending 14 1/2 hours at our gas station - when gas was .25 a gallon.

I trust you've gotten surgery for the acl. Takes a while for these to heal. Good luck to you.

My hat's off to anyone man enough to make a living running a saw. But we're not here to make light of your hard work. It's simply a hobby for many of us. I don't even burn firewood, nor is there one log on the property to even cut with a saw! They're just big boy's toys for me. I do think you'd enjoy your job more if you had one of my saws to do it with:clap:

I trust you've gotten surgery for the acl. Takes a while for these to heal. Good luck to you.

Nope, not yet. One of these days I may have to though. If you build your quads up enough they will kind of compensate a little (that's what I keep telling myself). About the only time it really bothers me is when I hyper-extend it, which is pretty often.

Andy

This will be a thread that will probably piss everyone off or not, lets call it a rant and let it go but I wanna state my opinion and then I'm done stating my opinion. I blew out my acl actually making a living with a saw instead of wishing I could and since I came to learn that most of the folks that have opinions about how a tool should work have no more aspirations than to have a video on you-tube that they can post on this site to get recognized or say look how fast I can cut with a 15" bar or how a 80 cc saw should sport no more than a 20". Bottom line I dont care about muffler mods or how much a saw weighs with gas in it or a chain that weighs 8 ozs more. In closing Husky is as good as stihl, the 361 is way overpriced! Dolmar lies about their weight and the 575 and 441 are good saws, the 372 460 are awesome, most people will never ever need a 660 but yet evreyone on here says you need one and a firewood cutter only needs two saws, one thats stuck and one to free it. For those I offende I appologize!

Sounds like a suicide note.

Just to clarify, what does CAD officially stand for?

1. Crap, Another Dolmar.
2. Chainsaw Accident Dummy.
3. Chickens Are Dumb. I do not want to hear about your smart cluck.
4. Cry All Day.
5. Chainsaws Are Divine. Yeah, thats the one, number 5.

Nope, not yet. One of these days I may have to though. If you build your quads up enough they will kind of compensate a little (that's what I keep telling myself). About the only time it really bothers me is when I hyper-extend it, which is pretty often.

Andy

I just had the surgery in January. not as painful as I expected, would do it again in a heartbeat. well worth the stability that I have gained. I was tired of finding myself on my face on the ground because of lack of ACL. have the surg in your off season, if there is one, 3 months later it should be strong enough to allow you to do most anything you need to.

Somebody Pee in your cornflakes this morning?:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Andy

get it repaired and get on with life. it's a tough surgery, but the results are worth it. i know what you mean about hyper-extending the knee. i did that too many times. the pain of that is pretty rough, but the real problem is with the damage you are doing to your miniscus and articular cartilage every time you go over-the-front.
btw, its the hamstrings that need to be strengthened. garrison hurst was a running back for the broncs. he played for UGA and tore his ACl and never had it restored (that i remember).

husky,
i hope the rehab is going ok.......i respect those of you that earn your living slinging a chain. it is rough, dangerous work. but at the end of the day, you can physically see the results of your effort for the day. i have to count the number of emails i responded to, and wait for enrollment counts, to know if i have done well. i am going to cut this weekend. today i am like a kid on the day before christmas eve. i can almost taste the two stroke mix with a side of wood chips that my modded 310 will be serving me saturday.

4ultra, I'd rather watch yarder racing. I've been suggesting it for the Morton Loggers Jubilee. It'd be better than the other stuff, have a crew to put tires under the tracks, maybe a breakdown or two, and then I could have time to go to the restroom, buy refreshment, and then get back to my seat before it was over. Besides, nobody "chops down trees" anymore. :)

Man a little pent-up frustration there uh? Man go outside and kick the dog and come back in and have some fun with the wife or girlfriend if you have either. Believe me it will help. Oh and by the way sorry to here about your ACL. Good luck!:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Back