Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's mothers' day weekend and gas ain't cheap and the world is not gonna change if we don't make it to the Heritage festival. It's all true. I know Smilin' Possums' back has been giving him fits for a while now. We're gonna have a good festival, of that I'm sure. It would just be so much better if at least those I named earlier could come as well as a few new faces. GoRving, you reading this? R U coming?
I expect we'll have some good vids.
Igpoe

It's mothers' day weekend and gas ain't cheap and the world is not gonna change if we don't make it to the Heritage festival. It's all true. I know Smilin' Possums' back has been giving him fits for a while now. We're gonna have a good festival, of that I'm sure. It would just be so much better if at least those I named earlier could come as well as a few new faces. GoRving, you reading this? R U coming?
I expect we'll have some good vids.
Igpoe

Dean we are going to try and make it LP wants to real bad and so do I. I'm coming one way or another. I may need some friends to help LP run our big saws I ain't worth a crap these days. We will try to be there bright and early we're going to bring our canopy and my easy chair and I'll supervise the days events.
May have to sit in the corner and slobber with some Meds. but we'll be there.
Take care and hope to see ya soon,
Joe

Dean we are going to try and make it LP wants to real bad and so do I. I'm coming one way or another. I may need some friends to help LP run our big saws I ain't worth a crap these days. We will try to be there bright and early we're going to bring our canopy and my easy chair and I'll supervise the days events.
May have to sit in the corner and slobber with some Meds. but we'll be there.
Take care and hope to see ya soon,
Joe

I do firmly believe that much help is available for the running of the saws....................that's good news Joe. If you forget how to get there just Google : South Boston Speedway. You remember we're right behind that.
It's been too long since I've seen you fellas.
Dean:cheers:

I do firmly believe that much help is available for the running of the saws....................that's good news Joe. If you forget how to get there just Google : South Boston Speedway. You remember we're right behind that.
It's been too long since I've seen you fellas.

I know exactly how to get there my friend and am ready to be there. If all holds out we are there. LP's gone this weekend and when he gets back he's got saws to get ready and he don't know it yet. Surprise surprise it's all on him this year cause I can't even help myself. He'll do fine with me bossing him around.

I would like to come, but will be in Richmond on that Saturday. Hate to miss it, but unless it lasts for more than one day, I just won't be able to come down there.

I would like to come, but will be in Richmond on that Saturday. Hate to miss it, but unless it lasts for more than one day, I just won't be able to come down there.

Rick,
We'll be there a few hours on Sunday after lunch. Harsh will be home in Amelia then, and Possums will be in Gold Hill. Stinkbait may or may not be there,dunno, but I'll be there and a few saws.

gas?

For those who may be coming to this event there's a Jiffy convienience store about 1.7 mi. west of the event on rt.360 that has 87,89, and 93 octane gas WITHOUT ETHANOL! Todays' price for the 93 is $4.05.9. Their gas is unbranded, so the additives are generic. This means there will be no seperation of suspended ingredients in storage, an added plus.
Igpoe :cheers:

Dean...

Hope all is well with you down there in Halifax Co.? Saw in the paper today that your county was hit by one of the tornados!

Keep safe...Carl

Thanks Carl,
Yes, one lady lost her life when her mobile home flipped so violently that it threw her out and into the roadway nearby. Last week early, one passed about a mile from Stinkbaits' and tore up a bunch of stuff. He's been really busy helping his neighbors clean up.
We are blessed to have been spared these troubles, but one never knows who's next.
You and Ginger take good care, and thanks again for thinking of us.
Igpoe:cheers:

Thanks Carl,
Yes, one lady lost her life when her mobile home flipped so violently that it threw her out and into the roadway nearby. Last week early, one passed about a mile from Stinkbaits' and tore up a bunch of stuff. He's been really busy helping his neighbors clean up.
We are blessed to have been spared these troubles, but one never knows who's next.
You and Ginger take good care, and thanks again for thinking of us.

Good to hear that you weren't affected directly. Let's hope this is the end of the wild weather we've all had this year. This is truely one for the record books - record drought ended by record rainfall and most snow ever and now tornados by the hundreds. Give us a break.

Not to sure I will be able to make it as of right now. My uncle Ronnie died yesterday and I am going to have to wait and see about the funeral, they are going to bury him in the family crematory outside Princeton West Virginia. Been a hard couple of years for the Watkins clan. Dad died in March 08, his dad in April 09, his brother Darrell in May 09 and now his brother Ronnie. Dad died the day before his 53rd birthday, Darrell was 56 and Ronnie was only 55. My poor Grandma is just flat out lost, all three boys and her Husband in three years time.

Not to sure I will be able to make it as of right now. My uncle Ronnie died yesterday and I am going to have to wait and see about the funeral, they are going to bury him in the family crematory outside Princeton West Virginia. Been a hard couple of years for the Watkins clan. Dad died in March 08, his dad in April 09, his brother Darrell in May 09 and now his brother Ronnie. Dad died the day before his 53rd birthday, Darrell was 56 and Ronnie was only 55. My poor Grandma is just flat out lost, all three boys and her Husband in three years time.

Johnnie,
I'm very sorry for your loss/losses. As much as your grandmother may be feeling overwhelmed, you have aunts who are down emotionally too, as well as yourself! Your granny needs somebody for sure and if you have to stay home, we surely understand. This festival is every year and you're just as welcome next year as this.
But, check on everything and use your best judgement. If you can come, come. If you need to stay home,well, we'll miss you.
Dean

Johnnie so sorry to here this hope all goes well for you and the family. Seems like there's something about being male and going into that 50 years range, that's really odd.

Was looking forward to meeting you but like Dean said we can understand it's out of your control so you do what needs to be done. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of sadness.
Joe

May 7

Well boys and girl,
The big day is tomorrow and it's all set-up as best as I can get it.
Smilin' Possum and Little Possum, by virtue of their stellar performance last year have earned the "front and center"location to saw what I'm thinking is about 50" of post oak with their 3120 badboy. 67 Mustang will be on hand for the first time sporting a model 52 two-man Poulan as well as a sweet 66 Poulan bowsaw. Rumours float that he has a secret weapon type saw he can whip-out if provoked by Stinkbait with his ever-hard-cutting SP 125 Mac. He's gonna show with his awesome Mac collection and a fresh restoration or two. David Harsh of Amelia, Va. is coming also and he is really a show all by himself, no kidding. His sand-cast Poulan collection is second to none that I've seen anywhere.
So, if some of you guys can make it, come-on, you won't be sorry. Bring saws and you get in FREE!

Just a heads up we're loaded up and hitting the road about 6 so we may be there early but that's better than late. See ya in the am.
Joe

PS. we have a few new toys and maybe a surprise also.

Last edited:
I'll be there before 9 tomorrow. Hope my saws will run. I haven't messed with them since the last gtg.

Latest posts

Back