Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I did not get to make it this year, I was really looking forward to it. Maybe things will work out for me next year or I will catch some of ya'll at the next GTG.

Hey Johnnie,
Don't sweat it, we'll expect you next year! When 67 Mustang gets his vids up you'll see we really put on a good show if I say so myself!!!!!!!!!!!
Igpoe:cheers:

Dean,

Sorry I missed the show today but just got done with an 1100 mile round trip to Kentucky. Look forward to seeing the video.

Gary

Dean,

Sorry I missed the show today but just got done with an 1100 mile round trip to Kentucky. Look forward to seeing the video.

Gary

We both will rest well tonight then. There's always next year and our show boss says I should invite as many as I want, so I'll take him at his word! 67Mustang will need several days if not weeks to put up all the vids he took. The saw shavings from today would easily fill a full size pick-up body!
Dean:cheers:

2.5 hours on the return trip and we even went the right way the whole time!! :)

Thanks for the great days fellas! Im just wondering whos gonna unload all these saws?

Sorry I did not get to make it this year, I was really looking forward to it. Maybe things will work out for me next year or I will catch some of ya'll at the next GTG.

Sorry that you didn't make it. We had a great day the weather was super and we had a blast, made a lot of noise and made a bunch of chips and saw dust. I got home and had chips in places they shouldn't have been I don't know who threw um all over me but it was good fun and fellowship.

Mr. Dean thanks again for the invite we had a good day. Good to see all of ya'll again and thanks for the saw help. Can't wait till we get to do it again.

I had a great time! Good to see all of you again. Dinosaur, you're a natural with that big ol' blue Homelite. :msp_thumbup: Glad the Possum's made it back...in record time it appears, with no side trips. New found respect for Stinkbait's Mac collection. Enjoyed running the 81. Good power to weight. Dean, you really outdid yourself. :bowdown: Awesome show! Lotta fun for all of us but I think the most impressive part is the contribution you make to the general public in that area. There were crowds there all day watching and admiring these old saws run. :cheers:

I had a great time! Good to see all of you again. Dinosaur, you're a natural with that big ol' blue Homelite. :msp_thumbup: Glad the Possum's made it back...in record time it appears, with no side trips. New found respect for Stinkbait's Mac collection. Enjoyed running the 81. Good power to weight. Dean, you really outdid yourself. :bowdown: Awesome show! Lotta fun for all of us but I think the most impressive part is the contribution you make to the general public in that area. There were crowds there all day watching and admiring these old saws run. :cheers:

The show is put on by those who work to get the saws prepared and spend the money to travel and for what reward?
Merely the awe and admiration of several thousand who come by our fairgrounds. The fellowship of each other on this day is what it's all about for me. It's people, not saws. Has any of you seen a more diverse group of people than we who were cutting yesterday?
I certainly have not.
But, enough of that. Soon it's gonna be said by our fellow members that none of these happenings did exist yesterday as there is currently no video testimoney. Patience is a virtue, or so it's been said.
ALL who visit this thread are invited and welcome to get in on it next year. Always the first weekend in May.
Big thanks to yesterday's gang.
Igpoe:cheers:

dinosaur50 with Super 77 Homelite

Here's dinosaur50 running David Harsh's Super 77 with a small assist by David. I think dinosaur's obvious enthusiasm and smile at the end captures what we all feel about running chainsaws that words can't describe. :msp_smile:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8yuCM5RifCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice job Steve!

Now if only some others would have taken some pictures :monkey: Would you like to see 2 Farmall H's, a M, Super M, and a M wide front :)

Steve if you or no one else posts another pic or vid this one gets the prise of the show. That right there made it worth the time and toil of coming up there. This young man getting to do something that he loves was a great example of the kind of folks we hang around with. Thanks to David for doing this for him even if it did make Mom a little nervous.

I'm so glad we made it up there and hope we all get to do it again. I for one had an awesome day. We had the best group of saws and sawyers you could have asked for. Congrats to all for a job well done.
Joe

Latest posts

Back