Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be leaving around 5am with a bed full of saws :)

Im not gonna have to carry all these saws in am I?

No. Just let the guys at the gate know that you are an exhibitor and you can drive on in.

That was going to be my question today thanks for the answer in advance. Bringing an 090 and Contra. They'll be in an enclosed SUV anybody going to have mix that I can use so I don't have to stink up the car with a can of gas?

We'll be there on Friday pm and staying at the Best Western. See you all there - rain or shine. This ought to be :buttkick: fun.

That was going to be my question today thanks for the answer in advance. Bringing an 090 and Contra. They'll be in an enclosed SUV anybody going to have mix that I can use so I don't have to stink up the car with a can of gas?

We'll be there on Friday pm and staying at the Best Western. See you all there - rain or shine. This ought to be :buttkick: fun.

I'll have a jug of 32:1, Amsoil & 93 octane, that you can use if you like.

Stinkbait- great photos and videos, thank you for posting these, is the festival held every year? I'm close enough I would like to go next year.

OK, jsut saw the dates of the thread, so it's this weekend!

Last edited:

Hey Carl,
Stinky has that gas what's got ethanol in it!. I run non-alcoholic gas and 24-1 Amsoil Sabre in my vintage stuff...........you're welcome to mine and you're right, we ain't gonna burn much. At Best Western, you're only about 2 miles from our venue! Does your wife do any crafts? They're needed at the festival as well and my girlfriend does them all or it seems like it anyway. If you have a digital camera,don't forget it!!!!!!!!!
Igpoe:cheers:

Yeah, but I won't be able to run any saws this year. Just had surgery on my hand last Wed.

Yeah - I knew you'd had the hand surgery recently and hope it is getting better fast. I'll be surprised if we can keep your "good" hand off the saws all weekend though.

Hey Carl,
Stinky has that gas what's got ethanol in it!. I run non-alcoholic gas and 24-1 Amsoil Sabre in my vintage stuff...........you're welcome to mine and you're right, we ain't gonna burn much. At Best Western, you're only about 2 miles from our venue! Does your wife do any crafts? They're needed at the festival as well and my girlfriend does them all or it seems like it anyway. If you have a digital camera,don't forget it!!!!!!!!!

Yeah thanks - I probably should bring a 5 gallon can so I can take back some of that non-alcohol gas. LOL But we'd probably not make it home because of the fumes.

She doesn't do crafts - teaches and that keeps her pretty busy. But she is looking forward to cruising the grounds. Digital cameras will be with us - she's probably a better photographer than me so she does most of that work. :biggrinbounce2:

Gonna start checking over the saws tommorow. And give a few a sharpening.

We will have some AV mixed 50:1. No Ethanol in that. Well not supposed to be anyways

PS, Im excited! :cheers:

Gonna start checking over the saws tommorow. And give a few a sharpening.

We will have some AV mixed 50:1. No Ethanol in that. Well not supposed to be anyways

PS, Im excited! :cheers:

Today I measured the one log that is supposed to be 60" on the small end, and it ain't! Only 45" and I'm still not sure they will let us cut it. The dude with the motorcycle stunt is still up in the air. We'll have plenty of big wood though anyway. Weather report is good,but warm.............88 high

Dean Lp and me should have come up today then maybe we'd be ready. You know how it is everything works till you get ready to use um. Well I got half a dozen that won't start or stay running and one the dadblame chain will not work when I put it and the bar on the saw,it's the Falls Silver King. I think everything I've touched this week has gone to carp. Oh well maybe between the next 2 days and Saturday morning I can get um all tested and tuned.

We're really looking forward to it, I know for sure LP and me and my 79 year old uncle that helps us some are going to be there with bells and no mufflers on. Lp was going to wear his tong chaps but I told him he'd have to walk I going to tote him around with me looking like that. We hope to have a blast, uncle Ern said he'd never been to something like that and I told him to pile on in and go. I think he's as excited as LP. Might have to find him some shade if it's going to be that hot but we'll manage.

Look forward to seeing ya'll on Saturday we're going to try and get on the road about 5 so we can get on up there. If you get a chance how do we get to the fair grounds, don't forget I couldn't find you the first time.

David Harsh has been joining us in September at Field Day of the Past outside Richmond for about the past 6-7 years. He always has a good selection of saws and we give him plenty of wood to cut near our three sawmills. My next door naighbor is from South Boston, perhaps he wants to make a trip back down there (his dad was an Echo dealer).

Last edited:
From Possums'

Dean Lp and me should have come up today then maybe we'd be ready. You know how it is everything works till you get ready to use um. Well I got half a dozen that won't start or stay running and one the dadblame chain will not work when I put it and the bar on the saw,it's the Falls Silver King. I think everything I've touched this week has gone to carp. Oh well maybe between the next 2 days and Saturday morning I can get um all tested and tuned.

We're really looking forward to it, I know for sure LP and me and my 79 year old uncle that helps us some are going to be there with bells and no mufflers on. Lp was going to wear his tong chaps but I told him he'd have to walk I going to tote him around with me looking like that. We hope to have a blast, uncle Ern said he'd never been to something like that and I told him to pile on in and go. I think he's as excited as LP. Might have to find him some shade if it's going to be that hot but we'll manage.

Look forward to seeing ya'll on Saturday we're going to try and get on the road about 5 so we can get on up there. If you get a chance how do we get to the fair grounds, don't forget I couldn't find you the first time.

S. Possum,
Take 29N from Greensboro to Danville Expressway. Follow to US58E. Follow this through the stoplight at the Industrial park in South Boston and also through the stoplight at the intersection of 58 and 501. At the intersection of
58 and 360,turn left and head towards Richmond. In about 3 miles the South Boston Speedway and Halifax Co. Fairgrounds will appear on the right. Turn in and follow the road around behind the track to a tall oak and go left through the gate. Show them at the gate that you have the saws to use and they'll let you in. If these people insist you pay........give'em the money,I'll get it back! No Worries!
DC:cheers:

It's just friday and I'm wore out and the saws don't wanna act right.............or in other words..............everything is normal!

Yes, we should have started getting ready about 3 months ago :dizzy:

Alright, bedtime. ETD: 5am. So might make it up there a little after 7 :D

Back