Heck of a thing happened to me today!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys really think I should delete the thread? I know this guy has no idea about this site, and I don't even know anyone else around here thats on the forum either. I know this rant is making me feel better so I hate to get rid of it yet. :clap:

But if y'all think I really need too.

it's not the rant its the knuckle samitch thing that could bite you. Delete all of your posts and kindly ask the quoted part to be removed by the guy that quoted it, or ask for the thread to be nuked.

You guys really think I should delete the thread? I know this guy has no idea about this site, and I don't even know anyone else around here thats on the forum either. I know this rant is making me feel better so I hate to get rid of it yet. :clap:

But if y'all think I really need too.

You can't delete this thread on your own, if I recall correctly. A mod/admin has to do so.

In my situation, someone half way across the world who I'd never met or known saw what I'd posted and contacted someone living near me who was involved in the incident I described in the post. That guy contacted law enforcement, and they copied and pasted my post before I could get the mods to delete the thread.

When law enforcement showed up at my door and asked me if I did it, I said yes. Thus the warning. If I'd lied and said no, they said the big fine would have resulted.

You just can't assume that because your so-called friends aren't computer literate that they won't find out about your thread. And if the one has contacted the cops and said you assaulted him, and the other "friend" is a witness, you don't want any admissions of guilt out here in Cyberland. It's very possible that the cops and judges down there would just laugh it all away if the "friend" whined to them. But all it takes is one cop or judge who is a "letter of the law" type.

I'm just saying.

Do whatever you think is right. :)

Last edited:
Delete this Thread!

Giving someone what they deserve and being within your rights are two different animals these days. Agreed with all of the above comments, most importantly making a somewhat abbreviated report to the police asap. Guess it was his bad luck to try to hit you first. You may find out this guy has pulled this type of stunt before, or you may end up just insulating yourself from problems down the road.
What really ticks me off is the "buyer" of the saw that had the sarcastic audacity to demand $200 from you! It was obvious what just happened, seems to me he should have gladly handed you the saw and asked you to hold on a minute while he discussed the situation with the thief himself. The thief needs a record not just for your sake, but for all of those previous to you and if he's not taught a lesson, for those to follow.
Who knows, being held responsible for his actions for once in his life might just be what turns him around.

I wouldn't delete it. If it comes to anything tell the judge you'd deck the peckerhead again if you had to. Takes a lot of restraint not to clock someone sometime, don't know what stops me.

Pretty quick fence I'd say, like he knew where to dump it. Curious 'bout the buyer.

well, this is going poorly for trying to make it go away now....

might as well discuss the issue. Does assault carries more serious consequences than theft in your state? You admitted you decked him unprovoked but he hasn't admitted that he stole anything. You did the right thing morally I believe but I don't want to see you get in trouble.

Yea, I've even heard the guy talk about hating theives! :laugh:

I never thought he would steal from me, but after this, I've noticed other things missing. Lie my 1970 stag handle case xx pocket knive, worth a couple hundred bux! I had my knife box out for a few weeks near my computer and he has been on my computer. Get home today and notice that knife was gone. Only one gone. And I have showed them to him, telling him the value of them, that oneknife being the most valuable of all I have, and my favorite!!!:censored:

It's almost had to have been him. Almost feels surreal, him being a good darn friend of mine. And I have helped this guy out alot!

Sometimes ya speak the speak!

Doesn't sound like your done yet!

I wouldn't delete it. If it comes to anything tell the judge you'd deck the peckerhead again if you had to. Takes a lot of restraint not to clock someone sometime, don't know what stops me.

Pretty quick fence I'd say, like he knew where to dump it. Curious 'bout the buyer.

Yea, the buyer could have known more than he said. I know he was a little shaken. he tried to buck for like 2 seconds. Then he was like, "here man, I understand perfectly". Then he got going on the thief with me. Telling him he would hit him next if he did'nt leave. For bringing him stolen prop. If he knows what a 660 cost, as good shape as mine is, then he shoulda known 200 was way to cheap not to be hot.

I wish he would come fro revenge now. He knows I can whoop him. he's kinda tough, but not that tough. I don't act dumb anymore like I did when I was young, fighting all the time. But people still know they have to pack thier lunch if they come calling for me. :cheers:

I have taken a beating or too, but not from this guy!

I have a small world and there is 3 things in my life that you just don't PIZZ with and they are in this order. MY FAMILY, MY HOME AND MY SAWS.

I would'nt worry about the police if I were you, he is the one that stole and is'nt about to go to the police. It's kinda like the guy going to the cops and saying he got ripped off from the dope dealer. Things just don't work like that.

Glad you got your saw back. I had one stolen before and got it back from the cops and it felt good. Would've felt alot better if I could've wooped some azz though!:cheers:

I have a small world and there is 3 things in my life that you just don't PIZZ with and they are in this order. MY FAMILY, MY HOME AND MY SAWS.

I would'nt worry about the police if I were you, he is the one that stole and is'nt about to go to the police. It's kinda like the guy going to the cops and saying he got ripped off from the dope dealer. Things just don't work like that.

Glad you got your saw back. I had one stolen before and got it back from the cops and it felt good. Would've felt alot better if I could've wooped some azz though!:cheers:

Thats a good point. I don't think he would go to the po po's after stealing from me.

Also, your things that you don't mess with list is just like mine, only add in dog and truck to mine. :givebeer:

Thats a good point. I don't think he would go to the po po's after stealing from me.

Also, your things that you don't mess with list is just like mine, only add in dog and truck to mine. :givebeer:

If someone is dumb enough to mess with my 150lb german shepherd then let them. I don't worry about him to much. LOL:greenchainsaw:

I agree. You don't need to delete the thread and I wouldn't call the Police either. You'll be opening Pandoras box. The Police won't do anything for you unless you want to swear to theft charges on the suspect. you got your saw back. Consider it a big win and just avoid him like the plague.

Wow! This sure exploded. For good reason though. Just make sure you stay in control of the situation. Don't put yourself in a position to be controlled. The guy stole your saw. Tried to sell that stolen property. If you don't contact the local authorities sooner or later this will come back and bite you and the other parties involved will be in control.

Just my two pennies of advice.

Ya done good son. Don't lose any sleep over knocking a guy on his ass that needed to get knocked on his ass.

If someone is dumb enough to mess with my 150lb german shepherd then let them. I don't worry about him to much. LOL:greenchainsaw:
If someone is tough enough to wrassle your saw from your 150 lb. shepherd, you outta let him have it. Shooting him will likely just piss him off.

Hopefully the other guy would'nt take his side, as he is pretty cool really. Said he did'nt know it was mine, but dude just went straight and called him when he left here. Guess thats why he stopped at his house for a sec. This guy who had bought it had just got a settlement from having a beam dropped on him wherwe he worked. Has from major cash right now. he knew that he would pay 200 for it. The guy also cuts alot of wood, and has a few saws.

I think he knew what he was buying and most definitely is not "pretty cool"

:agree2:

Yea, the buyer could have known more than he said. I know he was a little shaken. he tried to buck for like 2 seconds. Then he was like, "here man, I understand perfectly". Then he got going on the thief with me. Telling him he would hit him next if he did'nt leave. For bringing him stolen prop. If he knows what a 660 cost, as good shape as mine is, then he shoulda known 200 was way to cheap not to be hot.

There ya go, he knew what he was getting. He only understood perfectly because he was caught holding the goods.
Choose your friends and acquaintances carefully.

Lots of different opinions involving the authorities. Guess it depends upon where you live more than anything else. Used to be in my town the law would "arrange" to be somewhere else if they had to be. Nowadays it's best to remember that this ain't a little town anymore.
"Where ya from son, and how long ya been here?" "Who's your kinfolk?" Phrases like these no longer mean anything.
Steve

You did good in my book....Looks to me as if you settled a dispute in a good old fashioned manner, quick and efficiently. It appears also that you saved the amercian taxpayer some money by avoiding a claim and paperwork for authorities. The sentence was fair and correct, the offender will surely remember not to mess with his "friends" in the future.

I've got to say: I understand your doing and reasoning 100%!
I wouldn't have hit him personally, as it would endanger my work in law enforcement, but I wouldn't hold it against someone who did!

On this side of the lake, I'd be the "criminal" as for some reason it's more severe to hit someone than it is to steal from someone. If for some reason I ignored all my training and education and still decked a person for such an offence, I'd take the penalty and stand by it. If someone touched my family though, all the training in the world couldn't stop me...

Think you did OK in this one, and I seriously doubt you'll ever have anything to worry about from the law.

NOTE (to the user who posted about a junkie/drug dealer):
Not too long ago I came across a case where a drug dealer contacted a cop on the beat, wanting to report another drug dealer for theft and intrusion on private property. (Yes, he did state that there was marijuana that was stolen, LOL.)

from a crimimal standpoint you probably don't have anything to worry about. however, from a civil standpoint you would be suprised how easy it is to win a judgement against someone. you only need to prove that a proponderence of the evidence supports you claim. if he finds the right lawyer, you could easily be shown to have caused damage to him. you admitted that you walked up and slugged him. the fact that he stole your property will not be a mitigating factor bc you did not react out threat from him.

Back