Help Me Mr. Wizards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More terminology. So, the Poke Cut = Plunge Cut = Boring Cut ? Or are there subtle differences of meaning between them ?

Was the Doug fir that sat back a useful demonstation of how that back boring cut straight through can go bad in a back leaner (trying to understand why the instructor didn't cut to a release strap, set a couple of wedges and then cut the strap from the outside) ? Maybe i'm missing some stuff.

Get some time, take the class. Can't be any worse than annual refreshers for MSHA, or first responders.

More terminology. So, the Poke Cut = Plunge Cut = Boring Cut ? Or are there subtle differences of meaning between them ?

Was the Doug fir that sat back a useful demonstation of how that back boring cut straight through can go bad in a back leaner (trying to understand why the instructor didn't cut to a release strap, set a couple of wedges and then cut the strap from the outside) ? Maybe i'm missing some stuff.

I may have left to thick of a hinge on the fir. It went over with a wedge in it. I cut it the way he told me to.

Those are all the same thing.

Back