Here's a pic of a good 066 port (worksaw)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that 066 is pretty fast for a work saw....

rips and snorts!

Al, you might want to borrow some of Frank's milking boots to wade through the muck you are shoveling. That is if you don't already have a pair through previous arrangement. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Fred
Sorry 'bout your luck Freddy,we know the story.BWHAHAHAHAHA,back at ya,wizz kid.:buttkick: :hmm3grin2orange:

if I didn't know any better... I'd think these two pic's were taken by same camera.

why according to image data... these two pic were taken by same Canon PowerShot A95, 3 seconds apart

must be a coincidence :D
Real good detective work .Kinda tough to wiggle out of that one.:cheers:

that 066 is pretty fast for a work saw....
Your a sharp tack 046 to pick up on the digital fingerprint, spookie I have a A95 Canon, what else do you know about me.

The 066 BB is no slouch, but still I can make a stock jug a bit faster if the head is to be kept on. With a cut off head in a race saw the BB may well come out on top.

That little 044 though is all over a ported 066 on muffler. The pipe is making up for the 20 to 25 CCs the 066 / 066 BB has on it.

Last edited:
This was long enough ago I forget if I was screwing with TW or I made a mistake and really don't care at this point.

The only reason I think it might have been an honest mistake was because the actual picture had alot of green also.

But HTFCares?

Fred

Hey Fred, wouldnt it have been better to apologize instead of trying to just blow it all off?

I only used a double cut bit, sanding disk, a little square I cut off a scotchbrite pad, and felt/rouge. I used the same arbor for the felt and the scotchbrite.

Main thing is to have a steady and slow hand. If you make a mark it will be real tough to get it out.

Fred
Note the use of the word I .No mistake here that I can see.Geeze and with a reference to Franks chore boots.From my point of view it would take hip waders to slosh through that load of muck.

Now fess up Fred .:deadhorse:

While Fred is out planning his rebuttal,back to the subject.

How you cut out the ports is up to the person doing the work.You might laugh but I actually used a chainsaw file to do a portion of a re-port on a little Poulan.Along with a Dremel,I can't afford a Fordom flex grinder,poverty strickened,ya know.For that matter I can't afford an 066 to fiddle with so a hack job on the Poulan.

The rubber abrasives mentioned are sold under one trade name of "Cratex " and do an excellent job of the finer finish work.

Now the polish.You have to finish metal in stages,any metal not just the aluminum on a chainsaw block.Once you get it down to the micro finish,you polish.The difference between grinding and polishing is the fact you actually cause the metal surface to flow,no kidding.There are three different types of rouge that I know of,white,black and red.I forget which is which but you start with the more coarse then work your way to the finer.It's tough to get an actual mirror finish but a product called Muthers makes a chrome/mag wheel polish that will yield a super fine finish.The stuff has been around for years,well known amoung the custom car crowd.

Now ,unlike our expert porting man in Arkansas,I can provide actual pictures showing in some detail the actual work on a few saws.Complete with my greasy hands in the photo .However I must admit that like our bud Fred,my great creation failed to start when the cheese became binding .Things happen.

Hey Fred, wouldnt it have been better to apologize instead of trying to just blow it all off?

I will apologize Frank, but to you. At one point I thought that you may have known something about chainsaws, then I read the earlier posts of someone else that you were merely echoing. Then I knew my folly.

To you Al, I really don't remember and could care no less. Now back to the grab-azzing.

Fred

That is cute Fred, but a diversion! Its not my work or knowledge that is being questioned here. You ripped up a fellow who copied a picture from that same forum where you pulled the one you posted at the start of this thread or have you forgotten about that too. At least he did not allow the readers at the other forum to assume it was his work. No it is not me that is owed an apology.
I amagine everyone has had some egg on their face sometime but you seem to be trying to convince everyone that it is not egg they are seeing! At least wipe it off before it dries there.

This was long enough ago I forget if I was screwing with TW or I made a mistake and really don't care at this point.

The only reason I think it might have been an honest mistake was because the actual picture had alot of green also.

But HTFCares?

Fred

This is as close as you'll get. Take it or leave it.

Don't insult my intelligence by saying I stole it.

Fred

Last edited:
Oh balderdash Fred,your cover is blown,you stepped on your foot,hung yourself with your own rope.That dog won't hunt any more man.

You cast the net but didn't like the catch .Instead of some googled eyed teenager you met up with a little resistance to your prevarication.Imagine that,done in by a gentleman farmer from Ontario, a computer guru,a true mechanical genius also from Ontario and little old me.Myself just a dumb old grease monkey plow boy residing in a giant corn field in northern Ohio.

It might not be too bad of an idea to dismount from your high horse,zip your fly,clean the egg from your face.After which apply some seasoning to that crow you prepared for yourself to dine on followed by the liberal slice of humble pie.:blob5:

There's a Flag on the play

- "PILING ON" --> 15 word penalty and loss of post!
- "DELAY OF GAME", (showboating) --> 5 word penalty, (to be assessed on next post). :popcorn:

Who is Fred

- "PILING ON" --> 15 word penalty and loss of post!
- "DELAY OF GAME", (showboating) --> 5 word penalty, (to be assessed on next post). :popcorn:
Oh,not to worry ,old Fred is resiliant as a willow tree,a weeping one.
Some time ago there was an on-line personna that claimed to be raised as poor as a church mouse but inherted millions from his parents at their death .Later claimed his mother,still living was a concert pianist plus a heart doctor.
After spreading so much nonsense he all but disappeared from sight.It is rumored he went off to Alaska to race in the Ididarod,I can't comfirm this fact.At this time we were Fredless.

All of the sudden,magically up pops old Fred ,master of the realm.He too has an interesting past.Rumored to own and operate a 5 star resterant,computer networking expert,paralegal and now also rumored to be seeking another field of interest.How in the world a bread winner of a large family has time for all this is beyond me.

Now I've seen pictures of Fred or should I says Freds because there are a few differences but then again the old eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Old Fred who ever he or they are,acknowledges knowing a whole bunch of people.Now I know a few ornery pups that would fabricate Fred but none will fess up to knowing the mystery man.Fact is I can't find out too much,must be stealth or something.

Fred ,the on line personna is as tenacious as a wolverine.The old boy would take on the whole Chineese army ,barefooted.Any thing is easy in cyberspace,ya know.The problem is the old coot will use a pravarication when the truth would suffice better.World champion "Googler" ,this one.

Don't take the guy too seriously though.It's rumored he might be a paid heckler like Jerry Springer used at one time.Of course old Jer is no longer on the air.

Never fear ,if the fire he set gets too hot for the old boy,he will abandon ship,bail out,hit the silk,head for the hills.After the fire has died but the ashes still hot,back he comes after regrouping and "googling" to get another load of ammo to fire back with.I'll give him credit,he's persistant .He lacks the foresite to cover his tracks real well but I think he may be working on that as I type.I'm sure a scathing rebuttal is comming from the master of verboligy.After he digests the dictionary and holds a high level staff meeting with his writers.Stay tuned for the next episode.:buttkick: :popcorn:

Last edited:
Wow, what agreat story Al, Or maybe not. I hadn't heard the one about the other guy who left yet, but one problem Al. Too many people have met me and know me in person. I don't even know what guy you are talking about BTW.

That ole U-boatmight be taking on a little water Al or maybe it' just an over-ripe melon on top of the plowboy. :spam:

Fred

I was reading Pope today and thought this appropriate:

"Pride, where Wit fails, steps in to our Defence,
And fills up all the mighty Void of Sense!"

~Pope

I was reading Pope today and thought this appropriate:

"Pride, where Wit fails, steps in to our Defence,
And fills up all the mighty Void of Sense!"

~Pope
Ha,very timely quotation I would say ,due to circumstances forth wit. I think however Pope himself may have borrowed the verse from Proverbs 16:18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_goes_before_a_fall

Pope further goes on to say more on the subject [cut and paste ]A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.

A modern day version that may be somewhat fitting could be "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance ,baffle them with bull ****"

Close enough Fred .Got ya. ;)

Last edited:
Back