HEY BOB! What's steel, sharp. . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Well Bob (ya might sit down fer this, it's a shocker), but it looks like the Mexicants didn't tell the truth and send the package back to the Post Office like they said they did.

So, I'll get some steel coming this week and make yer shoes again, and mail them out.

This time to Grass Valley. ;)

Thanks Nate. I really didn't expect to track them down if they didn't go back to the Post Office. Maybe I ought to watch when I'm driving through Yuba City and see if any of the local "pickup/chainsaw/ladder" tree service hacks have graduated to using springboards. Ought to be easy to spot...they'll be the ones using plywood for a board. :laugh:

When you get the new ones made and ship them I'll camp out down by the mail box. Just in case.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Thanks Nate. I really didn't expect to track them down if they didn't go back to the Post Office. Maybe I ought to watch when I'm driving through Yuba City and see if any of the local "pickup/chainsaw/ladder" tree service hacks have graduated to using springboards. Ought to be easy to spot...they'll be the ones using plywood for a board. :laugh:

When you get the new ones made and ship them I'll camp out down by the mail box. Just in case.

:hmm3grin2orange:

I'll have steel in my hands Friday afternoon, shoes headed out Monday or Tuesday. :cheers:

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
I by God take everything bad back I said about them Mexican folks.

They indeed did write what they said on the package -- and I finally got it yesterday. The weird part was, the PO made the address correction to Grass Valley, but still sent it back to me? :dunno:

But, that's no big whoop. . . I'm stoked they're not a patch on a nut harvesting machine!! :laugh:

They're getting repackaged today Bob, and sent to Grass Valley. Them things will make for some lively conversation pieces. From MT to HI, to CA, to MT, to ????. LOL

So, that leaves a roller-style, split-tail, sprocket-style, and straight-taper style up for grabs. I made them when I thought Bob's were long gone. I just have to forge and sharpen the tips. I'm gonna ask $35.00 each (shipped). Let me know if'n anyone is interested in a PM.

Willy, yours will get forged in the next couple days and sent to ya. :cheers:

Bob, yours are still cut for 3/8" carriage bolts. . . Willy, yours is cut for 1/4" carriage bolts.

I reckon 3/8" is overkill for what they are holding, so I downsized some for the newer ones.

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.

They indeed did write what they said on the package -- and I finally got it yesterday. The weird part was, the PO made the address correction to Grass Valley, but still sent it back to me? :dunno:

But, that's no big whoop. . . I'm stoked they're not a patch on a nut harvesting machine!! :laugh:

They're getting repackaged today Bob, and sent to Grass Valley. Them things will make for some lively conversation pieces. From MT to HI, to CA, to MT, to ????. LOL

That's great news! But, not doubting you personally, let's see what kind of meandering journey they go on this time. With the GV address they should have been up here the next day...but they sent them back to you..:bang: No wonder the USPS is staggering on it's last legs.

Anyway...when we get together dinner and beverages are definitely on me. I'll let you know when I have the shoes in hand.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
That's great news! But, not doubting you personally, let's see what kind of meandering journey they go on this time. With the GV address they should have been up here the next day...but they sent them back to you..:bang: No wonder the USPS is staggering on it's last legs.

Anyway...when we get together dinner and beverages are definitely on me. I'll let you know when I have the shoes in hand.

:agree2:

Cfaller

Cfaller

ArboristSite Operative

So, that leaves a roller-style, split-tail, sprocket-style, and straight-taper style up for grabs. I made them when I thought Bob's were long gone. I just have to forge and sharpen the tips. I'm gonna ask $35.00 each (shipped). Let me know if'n anyone is interested in a PM.

Willy, yours will get forged in the next couple days and sent to ya. :cheers:

Bob, yours are still cut for 3/8" carriage bolts. . . Willy, yours is cut for 1/4" carriage bolts.

I reckon 3/8" is overkill for what they are holding, so I downsized some for the newer ones.

Thanks for the update. I hope mine can make it from Kalispell to Helena without the extra mileage Bob"s got.:msp_rolleyes:

jrcat
J

jrcat

Forget the knot hole.Those tillers will pull a fat man through a pin hole.

Originally Posted by Gologit
What! You bought a 'tiller and now you can't afford a shirt?

They take your shirt when you rent them