HEY BOB! What's steel, sharp. . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, they're out for delivery...in Yuba City. :dizzy: Did you send them there or is it just another stop on their journey?

I did send them to Yuba City. . . The last addy I had fer ya. (I thought)

Hope it's still good. :msp_ohmy::msp_ohmy:

Are you gonna have to fist fight someone fer yer shoes?

Crap. . . I just realized you are up in Grass Valley huh.

I was looking at Google Maps and it hit me.

Well, if some 'home boy" has yer package. . . We'll have to start this all over again! :laugh:

I haven't heard squat from USPS. . . Bob might drive by and ask the folks who live there about his package. :msp_unsure:

If not, a fresh batch will be made and mailed to THE RIGHT address this time. . . With maybe a short stint in Tajikistan.

:laugh:

I did some calling yesterday. Nobody knows anything. The people at my old address claim that they put a note on the package telling the postman "not at this address"...but that's third hand information at best and only as accurate as my English/Punjabi phrasebook translation.

Your guess is as good as mine. Those shoes are sure seeing a lot of country.

You might as well make me up another set. I think the ones you sent are doomed to just travel from one place to another until the packaging wears out and somebody in some Post Office in Lower Slobbovia winds up using them for paperweights.

I don't see you as being at fault in any of this so let me know about cost and shipping and we'll make it right.

Last edited:
I've never had such a hard time with shipping in my life, as I have the last 4 times. From all big three shippers.

Jameson is in Nebraska, I sent him a package through Fedex. Jameson is in Aurora NE, right now his package is sitting in Aurora Colorado. :msp_mad:

:msp_rolleyes:

Bob, I haven't heard a peep from USPS about my email. Let me call them this time, with the tracking info, and see if it's back in their system for "return to sender". If it is, I can do a reroute.

I ain't scared to fab you new shoes, but with my luck, bout the time I start stuffing the new ones in a package, the others will show up at my PO. :hmm3grin2orange:

After a Voodoo ritual, some ancient Mayan sacrificing, and a long conversation with a computer program -- I was finally able to get a hold of a real live person.

So, they said if the people rejected the package (for real-zies), it will be returned to me Priority Mail. No tracking info is provided for returns.

They suggested I give it a solid 5 days to see if I get the package back. . . I asked the gal how long it would be in the Ukraine for it's return voyage. There was some confused silence, until she looked down and saw the package has a mini vacation in Hawaii. . . Then she giggled. :msp_razz:

So, if you don't mind Bob, I'll give it a few to see if it shows. If not, it'll take about three days to get the material from my supplier and I can make the new ones.

I've never had such a hard time with shipping in my life, as I have the last 4 times. From all big three shippers.

Jameson is in Nebraska, I sent him a package through Fedex. Jameson is in Aurora NE, right now his package is sitting in Aurora Colorado. :msp_mad:

:msp_rolleyes:

Bob, I haven't heard a peep from USPS about my email. Let me call them this time, with the tracking info, and see if it's back in their system for "return to sender". If it is, I can do a reroute.

I ain't scared to fab you new shoes, but with my luck, bout the time I start stuffing the new ones in a package, the others will show up at my PO. :hmm3grin2orange:

No problem. I don't need them right now anyway. Good thing, eh? Go ahead and chase the "old" set for awhile. Maybe lighting a fire under the PS might be the way to go.

The people living in my old place, without putting too fine a point on it, are probably not the most reliable folks and I have a funny feeling that maybe those shoes might get used to patch up weak spots on a walnut harvester. :bang:

And, as a side note...I got a call from one of my ex neighbors giving me hell for selling my place to "those people". I told him I sold my place to a real estate investment group and he'd better take up the matter of what kind of people are living there with them. Man, I'm glad to be away from all that.

Last edited:
No problem. I don't need them right now anyway. Good thing, eh? Go ahead and chase the "old" set for awhile. Maybe lighting a fire under the PS might be the way to go.

The people living in my old place, without putting too fine a point on it, are probably not the most reliable folks and I have a funny feeling that maybe those shoes might get used to patch up weak spots on a walnut harvester. :bang:

That's what I figured. . . Oh well, I need the fab practice anyway. :hmm3grin2orange:

BTW, there were 4 shoes in your package. . . :msp_mellow:

If'n I have to make a new batch, you want one that looks like a roller nose bar -- as seen a couple pages back?

That's what I figured. . . Oh well, I need the fab practice anyway. :hmm3grin2orange:

BTW, there were 4 shoes in your package. . . :msp_mellow:

If'n I have to make a new batch, you want one that looks like a roller nose bar -- as seen a couple pages back?

YUP! I kinda liked that. But...make what's the best for you. Either way I'm coming out ahead.

Mine is going by FedEx and has not been out of the state, yet. It went from Kent to Auburn to Dupont where it left at 3:30AM and just might still get here. Not nearly as interesting as your Wilson.

Hmmm. I just looked up my order, which says it was shipped FedEx, and it says it is at the Post Office??

From about halfway down this web page...

“For FedEx and UPS, the costs are lower to deliver in urban areas, and higher in rural ones,” Del Polito says. “For the Postal Service, that cost structure is the exact opposite. So FedEx and UPS use the Postal Service for ‘last-mile’ delivery in many areas where it would cost them too much to deliver that mail -- they prepare it for re-entry via the Postal Service which then walks it out for final delivery.” (To put a number on this, Alan Robinson determined in 2011 that “30.4% of FedEx Ground shipments are delivered by the United States Postal Service.”)

Yes, but which Post Office?

So, my mom's little package made it to Iowa before they realized it needed to stay in Montana. They must have flown it back, because it got to her PO box QUICK! Conveniently on April 1st too -- so I just assumed they were pranking me, making me think it was back in MT so soon. :laugh:

No package of shoes yet. . . I won't wait much longer and I'll order new steel. :rolleyes2:

I reckon them Mexican'ts probably did use them fer melon scoops, or to patch their BBQer. :msp_sneaky:

Well Bob (ya might sit down fer this, it's a shocker), but it looks like the Mexicants didn't tell the truth and send the package back to the Post Office like they said they did.

So, I'll get some steel coming this week and make yer shoes again, and mail them out.

This time to Grass Valley. ;)

Latest posts

Back