Home made Hookaroon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are are pretty nice looking tools. In my world of gathering firewood a hookeroon is almost as much needed as a fast smooth cutting saw. I have a standard Log Rite that I got from Baileys. One thing I can tell you guys is watch where you are swinging that thing. When I see a sharpened Railroad spike on the end of a 4 foot pole, I'm seeing holes in the bed of a pick-up. If you are swinging that thing around like I use mine, watch your toes also. Theres a reason those things are made the size they are.

Well, I got to use my new tool the past few days. Wow what a good tool. I wish I had had one long ago. I can push rounds around, roll them, stick and pull or stick and lift if they are not too heavy. I am working with a new Stihl 24" saw. So I am working with larger rounds than before. That forward spike does work good. I have a fallen pine tree in the pasture that I am working on. I use this tool to pull the trimmed branches next to each other so I can lift and move them with my bucket forks. I am careful with my swing. The long handle lets the tool go into the ground if I miss. But I still have to be careful. A shorter one would be more risky IMO. I have a trailer load of smaller kindling branches that I will cut soon. I will see how it works there.

Oh and very little bending as I use to work in the past. It saves the back. I always wear a back support belt.

Well, I got to use my new tool the past few days. Wow what a good tool. I wish I had had one long ago. I can push rounds around, roll them, stick and pull or stick and lift if they are not too heavy. I am working with a new Stihl 24" saw. So I am working with larger rounds than before. That forward spike does work good. I have a fallen pine tree in the pasture that I am working on. I use this tool to pull the trimmed branches next to each other so I can lift and move them with my bucket forks. I am careful with my swing. The long handle lets the tool go into the ground if I miss. But I still have to be careful. A shorter one would be more risky IMO. I have a trailer load of smaller kindling branches that I will cut soon. I will see how it works there.

Oh and very little bending as I use to work in the past. It saves the back. I always wear a back support belt.

Thanks for the idea of raking the branches together!! Neveer thought of it but it is anohter trick I can use to save my back.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back