Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saws and tractors

233662d1334463838-0414121451-jpg

Nice score. 82cc. Shares parts with the SXL925. I'm more interested in the IHC tractor in the background however. Is that a 240 Industrial?

Thanks for the info, figured it was 82cc.

The tractor is a 2504 ind. same as the 504 (kinda) the 2504 is my work horse now that my 784 broke the low/reverse shifter fork shaft (third time)

Duane

Confused ...

:msp_wink: I got a cheap Homelite XL Automatic - a red white & green one. Looks like an XL-12, but not sure about the differences. Pop has a couple of Homies, but all I've ever done to them is the odd tune-up or minor repair, so I'm sort of a Homie newbie.

Mostly I play with Poulan, Echo, Husky, Jonsered, or Partner. They all share a bar pattern except for the J-Red which gets it's own due to the big studs.

This Homie was abandoned and sold for parts. A few bits were missing, but stuff seems available and it has good compression feel, pulls over smooth, etc. I think it was abandoned because the front bar stud pulled out. The threaded collar that holds it in was loose in the hole and things were beat up there. I cleaned it all back up, found that it would catch a few threads at the bottom of the hole so I JB Welded the snot out of the bolt and insert after cleaning everything real well and using the die grinder to find some new mag here and there. While I was at it, I did the rear stud too. It's either going to work, or not, but I'm betting it will.

Problem is it came w/o a bar and I have no idea what to get? A regular XL-12 bar? Something else? Square hole, that weird dog leg hole, I just don't know? It has 5/16" bar studs and a brass bar tensioner pin. So you guys that know please help me out here. Mike Acres does not list this exact saw and Oregon does not show anything in their current fitment application.

Do to the the JB job, I'll keep it down to 16" w/o a spike and just use it for limbing if it will run when I'm done, but that seems real likely at this point. I need a high tension lead to get it to pop, so that will be tomorrow at the auto parts house.

Any help, advice, IPL's, etc greatly appreciated :)

This is a tinker-toy project. I don't need it to run, but it will be nice if/when it does :) I like the exposed brass lines and the older look & feel. I might work my way back to a 990 or something someday, but I thought I'd start here.

Last edited:
OK, but does it need that little "S" shaped spacer ...

Because it does not have actual 3/8" studs, does it need the spacer?

What about those bars listed for XL that have the funny dog legged holes, do they work OK?

A guy from work left this little one in the bed of my truck today. I am not sure if it is for me to keep or fix for him. Needs a fuel line and something with the Trigger setup at first glance. Any other "normal" problems with one of these?

asset.php

Second was a 150 in a box. Is there any value in putting in time on this or are they the minmacs of homelites?
asset.php

A guy from work left this little one in the bed of my truck today. I am not sure if it is for me to keep or fix for him. Needs a fuel line and something with the Trigger setup at first glance. Any other "normal" problems with one of these?

233939d1334623637-img_0943-jpg

Second was a 150 in a box. Is there any value in putting in time on this or are they the minmacs of homelites?
233940d1334623788-img_0942-jpg

Talk your friend out of the 103. They have snort!!
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/184699.htm

Last edited:
Pop has a blue 150 - they're not bad little saws. Kinda tough to work on, but they are pretty comfy in some cutting situations :)

Talk your friend out of the 103. They have snort!!
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/184699.htm

It sounds like it is mine for the repairing and keeping. Any specifics on the size for the fuel line. Also the trigger is stuck up inside the handle, maybe a bad spring or broken plastic.

Thanks for the link, good info.

It sounds like it is mine for the repairing and keeping. Any specifics on the size for the fuel line. Also the trigger is stuck up inside the handle, maybe a bad spring or broken plastic.
Thanks for the link, good info.

Return spring is the one on the carb. throttle shaft. Shoot that with some WD40. Throttle rod boots go to tar and bind up the link.

I have all kinds of small parts left over from building four out of seven carcases if you need sumpthin' shoot me a P.M..

Check Chainsawlady for the throttle rod boot.

Think of the XL-103 as a Super XL having been on a diet and exercise. Same power in a smaller, lighter package.

Carl.

Homelite Super 2

Super4.jpg

Super3.jpg

Super2.jpg

Super1.jpg

So this is dad's Super 2 that I mentioned earlier. Took it apart today and got it all cleaned up. The corrosion is there but doesn't affect anything. Put in new fuel line and filter. Ground the crap off the bar. Put some 3 in 1 oil on the sprocket tip. The safety chain was done so its in the trash The adjuster for the bar broke in half when I took the bar off so gotta find one of those now. Found a very small hole on top of the gas tank - not sure what to do with that. Had to install a pull cord. After a few hiccups getting the recoil to work and about 20 pulls on the cord it finally sputtered a few times then fired up. Runs REALLY rich no matter what I do with the adjustment screw. Time to rebuild the carb? Carb held 10 psi steady with no problem...

So this is dad's Super 2 that I mentioned earlier. Took it apart today and got it all cleaned up. The corrosion is there but doesn't affect anything. Put in new fuel line and filter. Ground the crap off the bar. Put some 3 in 1 oil on the sprocket tip. The safety chain was done so its in the trash The adjuster for the bar broke in half when I took the bar off so gotta find one of those now. Found a very small hole on top of the gas tank - not sure what to do with that. Had to install a pull cord. After a few hiccups getting the recoil to work and about 20 pulls on the cord it finally sputtered a few times then fired up. Runs REALLY rich no matter what I do with the adjustment screw. Time to rebuild the carb? Carb held 10 psi steady with no problem...

A small Homie duckbill goes in there for the tank vent.

Which carb do these have? Mine says HDC. Is that Walbro? Whats the part number for the carb kit?

How does bar adjuster work on super 2? There doesn't seem to be a slot in bar for it. Does it fit in front of bar stud on the bar?

How does bar adjuster work on super 2? There doesn't seem to be a slot in bar for it. Does it fit in front of bar stud on the bar?

Yep. The squared section at the front of the stud slot in the bar fits over a 'block' that is the adjuster nut. The adjuster screw moves this block/nut back and forth.

Latest posts

Back