Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I priced a chain today... (.404) .063 78d it was gonna be about $58 , you dont want to hit metal with that!

I priced a chain today... (.404) .063 78d it was gonna be about $58 , you dont want to hit metal with that!

Whoa! Stop by Race Brothers on your way to the charity cut. I just bought a 71 driver .404 Stihl RS that was less than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Whoa! Stop by Race Brothers on your way to the charity cut. I just bought a 71 driver .404 Stihl RS that was less than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mines 78 drivers :/ :) still gonna try an 8 pin and 3/8 .063, Chad has a sprocket but ill have to have a chain mad to fit
these things use freaky big bars! , or i could use a different homelite bar i already have

just the c-51 24" that came on it, i tried the other smaller homelite bar and it looks like it wont completely cover the oil hole

just the c-51 24" that came on it, i tried the other smaller homelite bar and it looks like it wont completely cover the oil hole

I've got a couple C series hardnose bars in the 18-20" range around here. If you're interested, I'll try to dig em out this weekend and see what sort of shape they're in. Could deliver to IA GTG and save shipping. I might have a decent used loop of .404 semi chisel to go with, but don't quote me on that part yet.

I put 3/8 - 8 on my XP1000, seemed to work well for the little while it ran. I need to get it out before the GTG and figure out what died, but it's somewhere in the ignition department. Lost spark all together and all at once.

Any other parts you might need for that C51, I might have. I have a couple C series parts carcasses here.

cobey:
84 dl of .404 x .063 chipper chain from Jeff's south of River City was 21 bux. I was smilin' when I left.

If you are positive on the driver count, I could get him to make up a loop and send it along with Mo.Jim.
thanks Carl! I think Doug's bringing me a chain, I'm gonna see how the saw cuts with a good chain, I'll let you if I need another thanks again cobey

Any one know what is cranking pressure for these old saws. My 707D blew just shy of 145psi. It has a new piston and rings running in a scratched, but not severely scored cylinder. It has now run Idled and throttled up for a total of about 10 minutes.
I have to send off my dead new tinytach and hope to get a warranty replacement, so I can set up the governor to 6K. Then I can cut wood and get it tuned to break from 4 stroke into 2 stroke...yeah baby...

http://atlanticgreen.com/images/707da1t.jpg

I have a large Homelite cylinder part # on cylinder says 61351A (box says A61937) and it has a 2 5/8 bore. BIG old pictures shortly

can anyone ID it for me?

Picture
e8u4usy3.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I saved this Homelite from the scrapyard. Opened it up and found the P&C were badly scored. I thought they looked similar to the original EZ so I got into my spare parts and guess what - same parts. The crank bearings felt tight and smooth so I put it back together with the good P&C, put new diaphragms in the carb, did a general clean up and it runs good. Clutch and drum look the same as a C51 and the sprocket shows just a little wear. Aside from a cracked engine shroud and repaired plug wire, this thing looks original and in pretty good shape. Fuel and oil tanks are clean.

So, what model is it? I can't find any model number on the saw - there may be a guard missing around the carb. I looked through the Acres site but short of opening each model, I couldn't find it.

I'll probably be selling it.

DSCN3341.JPG DSCN3340.JPG DSCN3346.JPG DSCN3343.JPG

Back