Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anyone out there in homelite land interested in a red super xl and/or a homelite ZIP ?

You have to pry the bronze filter out, the duckbill is right below it.

Is it reusable? You were right, turned to goo. I'll see if my local store has a new duckbill. I also took the carb apart, there was a metal screen below one of the gaskets, it was full of dirt, and the other side of the gasket also was caked in dirt. Sprayed all the orifices with carb cleaner. Kit should be here tomorrow at the soonest.

Is it reusable? You were right, turned to goo. I'll see if my local store has a new duckbill. I also took the carb apart, there was a metal screen below one of the gaskets, it was full of dirt, and the other side of the gasket also was caked in dirt. Sprayed all the orifices with carb cleaner. Kit should be here tomorrow at the soonest.

Inlet fuel strainer. The carb's last line of defense against dirt.

Most carb repair kits contain a new screen but sometimes not.

Check the integrity of the fuel line. Crap don't get that far unless the filter falls off the tank end of the fuel line.

Inlet fuel strainer. The carb's last line of defense against dirt.

Most carb repair kits contain a new screen but sometimes not.

Check the integrity of the fuel line. Crap don't get that far unless the filter falls off the tank end of the fuel line.

It had fallen off but I replaced the fuel line, impulse line, and filter. The entire system is new except for the carb, waiting on the kit.

As long as it's not damaged, yes it is.

It has a chip on the side from being pried but it is still intact for the most part

It has a chip on the side from being pried but it is still intact for the most part
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, none of your pics show the bronze filter. On the fuel filter, be sure to reuse that plastic disc. The bottom of a 410's gas tank has raised ridges. The disc helps the fuel filter move side to side when the saw is turned on its side (like for felling cuts). Without it, fuel filter will hang on a ridge and it will quickly run out of gas even though gas is still in tank.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, none of your pics show the bronze filter. On the fuel filter, be sure to reuse that plastic disc. The bottom of a 410's gas tank has raised ridges. The disc helps the fuel filter move side to side when the saw is turned on its side (like for felling cuts). Without it, fuel filter will hang on a ridge and it will quickly run out of gas even though gas is still in tank.

Correct, I didn't take a photo of the bronze photo. I got that covered. I'll go make sure I re installed the plastic washer today when I go to rebuild the carb. Could the dirty carb be the reason for it not wanting to stay running? Starving for fuel? Would be odd how I could get it to run several times and then it wouldnt want to. In any case I will report back on everything tonight.

Correct, I didn't take a photo of the bronze photo. I got that covered. I'll go make sure I re installed the plastic washer today when I go to rebuild the carb. Could the dirty carb be the reason for it not wanting to stay running? Starving for fuel? Would be odd how I could get it to run several times and then it wouldnt want to. In any case I will report back on everything tonight.
Yes. That carb looked real dirty. From sitting for so long, when you first started it, some of that dirt moved to the carb, probably the reason why it ran and then didn't.

Can't get the saw to pop on full choke. I know its getting fuel because the spark plug was wet after trying to start after to many pulls. I'm stumped. Carb kit went together fine.

Tested for spark? Disconnect the wire going from the module to kill switch at module. Take it out of the equation first.

Has good spark, disconnected the wire. Found out I had a wrong gasket installed, swapped it, carb gets fuel now, but still wont pop. I've double checked the rest of the gaskets and they all match up. Diaphragm goes against the plate correct? Not the carb?

EDIT: After cranking it a while it finally popped and then started up. After killing it though, it takes like 3 or 4 good pulls to get it started again, but it idles fine now and cuts good. A little slower than I thought for a 68CC saw.

Latest posts

Back