Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a few today.
IMG_20140930_111727837.jpg IMG_20140930_111715211.jpg IMG_20140930_111740449.jpg a 360, xl 123, super 2, two super ez's, a xl12 carcass, and what I think may be an xl. Plus two shindaiwas and part of an 041.

is there a way to adjust the throttle lock on a SEZAO to get a higher starting throttle setting. my saw seems to want more throttle to start right up. i have to grab the trigger to get enough the way it is now. i see a screw on the top of the trigger that is visible when the air filter cover is off, is this anything to do with it ? i have bent linkages before on other saws when the holes wearout but was curious if there was another way. thanks

anyone got the spacer for a non-pyramid reed valve xl-12 carburetor they'd being willing to let go cheap? I managed to break mine today due to shear stupidity
jerry
A part number would help, but I think you want 58780 spacer. I have one new in inventory $2.36 and used for @1.68 cents all plus shipping. Are the gaskets O.K. on both sides of spacer 58537? I have those for 71 cents each.
[email protected] chainsawlady

thanks lee, i'll give that a try. i was chasing the problem with the mixture screws after putting in a carb kit.that goes on my list of things to check now.

Do I need take out whole insides of XL2 to change a spur?
Can modern chain bars with most common bar mount pattern used on XL2 after some modification of the bar itself or chainsaw (like rounding tensioner with file) ?
Many thanks for replies!

Well, I stopped by the annual fall equipment auction yesterday to see if they had a junker John Deere with the variator. The small tractors, mowers, saws, yard stuff is all in the lower field. The front row is all the good running equipment, and the back row is the junk. There were no JD's with the part that I needed. But the first item in the second to last row was this 7-29. My eyeballs bout popped out of my head. It was with two XL12's and a 150. The sale order board said they were going to start on the mowers at 10 this morning. I ran down to the sale and got my bidders number at 7:30 this morning and double checked the start time for the mowers. The sale is so big they have 5 auctioneers going at the same time. I had yard work at home to do so it was back to the house till 9:30. I got on the field, at 10:01 , just as they announced they were starting. The back row being mostly junk they just bundled stuff in piles of 5 or 10 items. By 10:15 they came around the end of the row and put the saws up. I thought he said all of the Homelites together. But, when I won the bid, he asked which one I wanted. It was buyers choice. Darn, two junker XL12's and a 150, and? I said eany, meany, miney, give me the big one. It looks as though it was stored inside, has good compression, with a 54-56 inch bar and an Oregon helper handle. I was hoping to get it for around 20 bucks. But I wound up paying $69 for it. I'm happy. Plus I still have a roll of 1/2 inch chain I got with the Super 77 that was stolen out of my yard last year. I threw the bar up on my shoulder and headed for the truck. I couldn't make it all the way, had to stop and rest. That bugger is heavy, Joe.

Well, I stopped by the annual fall equipment auction yesterday to see if they had a junker John Deere with the variator. The small tractors, mowers, saws, yard stuff is all in the lower field. The front row is all the good running equipment, and the back row is the junk. There were no JD's with the part that I needed. But the first item in the second to last row was this 7-29. My eyeballs bout popped out of my head. It was with two XL12's and a 150. The sale order board said they were going to start on the mowers at 10 this morning. I ran down to the sale and got my bidders number at 7:30 this morning and double checked the start time for the mowers. The sale is so big they have 5 auctioneers going at the same time. I had yard work at home to do so it was back to the house till 9:30. I got on the field, at 10:01 , just as they announced they were starting. The back row being mostly junk they just bundled stuff in piles of 5 or 10 items. By 10:15 they came around the end of the row and put the saws up. I thought he said all of the Homelites together. But, when I won the bid, he asked which one I wanted. It was buyers choice. Darn, two junker XL12's and a 150, and? I said eany, meany, miney, give me the big one. It looks as though it was stored inside, has good compression, with a 54-56 inch bar and an Oregon helper handle. I was hoping to get it for around 20 bucks. But I wound up paying $69 for it. I'm happy. Plus I still have a roll of 1/2 inch chain I got with the Super 77 that was stolen out of my yard last year. I threw the bar up on my shoulder and headed for the truck. I couldn't make it all the way, had to stop and rest. That bugger is heavy, Joe.

Nice score. It looks like it's in good shape.

Back