Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if a 150 auto is worth putting crank bearings in? Got it free and have fixed numerous little issues with it already. Mainly drilling out some broken screws that hold the halves together. Tried gapping the coil when the gap immediately closed after pulling the shim. Crank looks perfect as do the p&c. $40 for bearings on fleabay. Dont know much on this particular model. Looks like a good limber. Thanks

My saga with an old Homie 901 continues. Will run like a champ all day long - full throttle to idle and everything in between all day long. I've had two different carbs on it. The problem is it bogs down in wood. Starts out like a gangbuster and then just chokes down. I've done lots of adjusting on the carb to no avail. Could this be a coil breaking down under load? The points have been cleaned and set. I replaced the condenser. Any ideas?

My saga with an old Homie 901 continues. Will run like a champ all day long - full throttle to idle and everything in between all day long. I've had two different carbs on it. The problem is it bogs down in wood. Starts out like a gangbuster and then just chokes down. I've done lots of adjusting on the carb to no avail. Could this be a coil breaking down under load? The points have been cleaned and set. I replaced the condenser. Any ideas?
Is the exhaust clear or if it has a screen is it plugged? Fuel filter ok?

I need to spend some more time here. Great posts, pictures and parts resources. Here's some pics of what I've been messing with recently.
a5ed6aec936ba40dcf11678dce8f6e3c.jpg

EZ automatic was listed as a 250 on fleabay. I kind of knew it wasn't. 180psi saw for $62 shipped wasn't to bad, now I have a red handled one.

df65c4d257fea18a1619ada14ee88305.jpg

Another eBay score

b0a7234ad983ba42c091afd4ba67f9af.jpg
d58e5a1ddfbd18827e49b732de06fd71.jpg

Picked this 360 up in Connecticut off of CL a while back.

4712a8d866923430eb5fce34c8e0ed05.jpg
02770a5a0a11883bf5ad268f3dc7ac9f.jpg

My Homelite water pump. Anybody know which model powerhead they used? I'm guessing 902...

d3117cb1075f36afbe0cb7db52e62b63.jpg
8cbb98efcf2a29f2cb691ed7e307cd09.jpg
24db09370c3768b267640672bfbc8581.jpg

Got this lot of 4 saws off eBay which included this 1991 Super 1050 that cleaned up nicely.

bb667f0046e740a6e633a201969e222c.jpg
b1ebbec4fe695cb3954919a730d80947.jpg

Picked this 410 for $25, fires on a prime. Very pleased with this one as I have a parts saw to make her complete.

5d8759eb2f740ae73e97149dfd56c705.jpg

My 26, needs a bit of TLC but has good spark and compression.

60914beb324a8bb15f5833f1ec69514d.jpg

Two saws that are hand me downs from my dad. I grew up around these two saws now I get to fix them up.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I rarely post in this thread. I was doing some research on a Homelite Little Red XL (that's the name, not a description, although that is a good description ;)) and didn't find much info in the way of specs. If this info was previously posted, I wasn't able to find it.

FWIW...???...I found some useful (hopefully to someone) info on the ID tag on a saw that sold on eBay. I downloaded the image, but it looks like crap:

38cc. Made from '95-'98, possibly earlier & longer, HL printed two different IPLs for the Little Red XL. I didn't think to compare the dates--if dated--on the documents.

I need to spend some more time here. Great posts, pictures and parts resources. Here's some pics of what I've been messing with recently.

My Homelite water pump. Anybody know which model powerhead they used? I'm guessing 902....

I have been watching for one of these pumps, just cuz I like them but I have only seen them with XL12 power, did not know they made any other.

Nice collection, thanks for the pics

02770a5a0a11883bf5ad268f3dc7ac9f.jpg

My Homelite water pump. Anybody know which model powerhead they used? I'm guessing 902...

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
I have been watching for one of these pumps, just cuz I like them but I have only seen them with XL12 power, did not know they made any other.

Nice collection, thanks for the pics
Looks like an XLS2 centrifugal pump
A couple ipls - looked at the cylinder numbers and they correspond to a slx or vi944/ vi955

Attachments

• HL_17324.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • HL_24571.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
If this post is breaking any rules, the mods may remove it. I'm in a bit of a pinch. I'm thinking of selling my Homelite collection in one lump sum. If anyone would be interested just say yes or PM me and I'll get a complete list tomorrow. I'm in the Frederick Md area and would drive up to 100 miles to help meet up and make your drive easier. Off the top of my head the list is: one Super 1050 with 36" bar running, fuel tank leaks, I have gasket
: One Super 1050 with 24" bar, leaned out and melted piston, I have clean used P/C and NOS SDC carb
: one XL 923 with 30 inch bar and new chain, running
:eek:ne or two more XL 900 series power heads
: one XL 700 that ran when I bought it, but seems low on compression, has bar and chain
: four or five XL 12's, red and blue ones
: old Zip, parts
: a couple C series in the 70-80 CC range, I know one has good compression, no spark
: probably several more I can't think of.
I'd like to get $750 for everything, I probably have that much in bars and chains. I also have a Disston DA211 with 135 PSI in one cylinder and 140PSI in the other, no spark. I't's on ebay now, but I could pull it if I had an offer. I'm asking $250 for it. It's complete with a 36" bar. If any one is interested in a lump sum purchase I'll take pictures and get an accurate count of every thing I have. I don't have the time to sell one at a time. My mom is 87 and in the hospital. She had 5 way bypass a little over a month ago, she's doing well, but has had several set backs. They had to go back in the incision today because of a small amount of infection. I just had my knee replaced and have rehab 3 days a week. I'm OK, just a little overwhelmed. If anyone is interested I'll get a picture of everything and put it in the classified tomorrow. Thanks, Joe.

PS There's a 330 in the shed also.

Anyone know if a 150 auto is worth putting crank bearings in? Got it free and have fixed numerous little issues with it already. Mainly drilling out some broken screws that hold the halves together. Tried gapping the coil when the gap immediately closed after pulling the shim. Crank looks perfect as do the p&c. $40 for bearings on fleabay. Dont know much on this particular model. Looks like a good limber. Thanks
I like the 150 for the flatness, I store one under each seat on the groomers, they make a pretty good sawing effort for their size.
I don't like the air filter sucking my shirt but that is an easy adjustment to technique.
taking it down for seals and bearings shouldnt be too bad, I find that 150's can be had pretty cheap and usually in good to great shape. I love tinkering so I would do it, but it also is fun to add to the collection by looking for a better one...
$.02

I like the 150 for the flatness, I store one under each seat on the groomers, they make a pretty good sawing effort for their size.
I don't like the air filter sucking my shirt but that is an easy adjustment to technique.
taking it down for seals and bearings shouldnt be too bad, I find that 150's can be had pretty cheap and usually in good to great shape. I love tinkering so I would do it, but it also is fun to add to the collection by looking for a better one...
$.02
Thats what i was thinkin. Its my smallest saw. Would be a great limber. Ive just never seen or heard of them before. Got it free in otherwise great shape, just needs bearings.

Not sure if this is the right place....but I'm looking for a clutch cover for a blue super xl. Probably rare as hen's teeth, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Not sure if this is the right place....but I'm looking for a clutch cover for a blue super xl. Probably rare as hen's teeth, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Perfect paint and decals might be tough but otherwise they are easy to find on ebay. Also check with onlyhomelites and chainsawlady on House of Homelites forum. I think they about both here too but I don't know their handles.

Don't want perfect paint. Would prefer it to match the fade of my saw. I have checked eBay and can only find red or red and black ones. I will check with the posters you mentioned. Thanks

Latest posts

Back