Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes as far as the horizontal cylinder saws go. Generally the vertical cylinder saws have the exhaust port pointing that way as well.

You may be able to make a simple deflector out a piece of scrap sheet metal.
Yeah that's right. That's a good simple solution. I want to make a pipe too but I'm unsure on which saw to commit to just milling. I'm leaning towards a pro Mac 10-10s I picked up. It's a 57cc saw. Plenty of power.

Homelite 750 question. Mine only has an inner bar plate not an outer plate. Should it have inner and outer plates?

I doubt you would notice cutting, but it is there to guide the chain onto the sprocket and protect the clutch cover. The chain might be more prone to jumping off without it if you turn it on its side. You need to be more careful with the chain tension without it.

That I don't know, you could check the part numbers on Leon's site or where ever you could find the IPL's. Maybe someone else would know off hand and will respond. Chainsawlady might know, she sold Homelite's for 50 years.

Hey guys I'm looking for a 925 in good shape. Anyone have one they wanna part with?

I have a strong running half wrap 925 with factory 28" Homelite bar, it could use a clutch spring though for $225 shipped to the lower 48. I can send pictures tomorrow as I am at work till late tonight.

Ok so I'm in the process of rebuilding an old homelite that was given to me bay a friend a few years back. I have most of the saw torn down but am trying to figure out how the plate that holds the points and coil comes off? I took the screws out of it and it doesn't seem to want to budge and I don't want to break it. I need to change the crank seal on this side as well as the clutch side. Any help is much appreciated as I'm not used to the old red saws.

Ok so I'm in the process of rebuilding an old homelite that was given to me bay a friend a few years back. I have most of the saw torn down but am trying to figure out how the plate that holds the points and coil comes off? I took the screws out of it and it doesn't seem to want to budge and I don't want to break it. I need to change the crank seal on this side as well as the clutch side. Any help is much appreciated as I'm not used to the old red saws.
What model??

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Actually the saw does have a points set up. I didn't know if I should try to remove the points if the seal would be accessible at that point or do I have to remove the plate ? The ipl doesn't really show I didn't want to pry too hard on the back plate and brake it.

None of the 925's had points so it must be another model. Post a pic if you can for an ID on it.

The plate holds the seal and the bearing but there is no need to pull it. The seal can be removed once the points and the plate they are attached to is out of the way.

Take pics when you are pulling it apart so you know how it goes back together. The points should be cleaned so there is no oil residue on the contact surfaces before you put them back in. The points gap should be set at 0.015"

I will PM you a Homelite repair manual which should help you.

So took the points out and the seal was right behind it changed out bother seals saw idles now got a video will post in a few. I appreciate the help from fossil

Back