Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I ordered the wrong kit so if anyone needs the Tillston RK23... I have it...haha. Also, with clutch cover removed, where fuel line exits the gas tank, should there be a grommet there or something? PO has some silicone pushed up in there or something.

Seems like this will be a strong saw when I'm done with it, just needed a really good cleaning!

I could always use another rk23 the original fuel line had a molded grommet built into it. Very hard to find now

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I have seen these little round grommets on ebay but I guess those must be where the line goes into the carb box....

I recently got a super2 don't know how old, it does have points. Keeps dumping oil into the crank case. The oil lines were replaced when I got it, so I don't know if they are right. Other than that it runs good. Why is it getting oil in crank case could the lines be wrong? Never seen this before.

Waiting on Jesus

I recently got a super2 don't know how old, it does have points. Keeps dumping oil into the crank case. The oil lines were replaced when I got it, so I don't know if they are right. Other than that it runs good. Why is it getting oil in crank case could the lines be wrong? Never seen this before.

Waiting on Jesus
Could be several reasons, the oil lines are crossed, or the lines are correct, the duckbill check valve is missing/leaking.

Where can I get the one for the oil tank it is missing and a few like for a gas cap?

Waiting on Jesus

Also looking for a jug and piston for a super XL automatic. I know that's a long shot.

Waiting on Jesus

I have seen these little round grommets on ebay but I guess those must be where the line goes into the carb box....

Failing finding an original fuel line you can use a grommet. I believe the size that works is 1/4" inch hole for the fuel line, 3/8" for the hole in the fuel tank and the fuel tank thickness at the pass through is 1/8".

You would use Tygon fuel line with a 1/4" outside diameter. If you look at this pic,

dimension A is 1/4"
dimension D is 1/8"
Dimension E is 3/8"

They are a common size. Auto parts places should stock them.

grommet.JPG

To get it in the hole I put some grease on it or silicone lube and work into the hole with something blunt. I use a popsicle stick from the dollar store.

After the grommet is in, cut a taper on the fuel line and feed it in from either side. Which ever works for you. I usually lube the fuel line to make it easier.

I generally feed thin wire through the hole from the outside into the tank and pull it out the fuel tank fill hole.

Pierce a small hole in the fuel line taper and feed the wire through it and pull the line through the grommet.
You will require a grommet for the carb box as well if there is not one already there. If there isn't, you can cut the one off the old fuel line and use that.

I hope that helps.

Thank you. As soon as I get this sucker running I'm going to dive into some of the hopefully smaller issues like that.

Back