Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f3d601b3d7be6b9606174c6ef99ed422.jpg

Can I join your club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm taking apart my Homelite Super Xl Automatic to get to the cylinder. I have removed most of the parts except for the air box/rear handle and the fuel tank. Does the rear handle need to come off before the fuel tank?
DSCF2785.JPG
This oil line seems like it should be removed before taking off the handle, but how do I disconnect it with the handle in place?

Thank you

I'm taking apart my Homelite Super Xl Automatic to get to the cylinder. I have removed most of the parts except for the air box/rear handle and the fuel tank. Does the rear handle need to come off before the fuel tank?
View attachment 672084
This oil line seems like it should be removed before taking off the handle, but how do I disconnect it with the handle in place?

Thank you

If you can't get the brass fitting off that's attached to the 90 deg fitting take the fitting off the line at the other end. You should be able the drop the handle a bit to clear the fins once you get the carb and adapter and the 5 bolts holding the rear handle off. Not sure why you want to take the tank off unless you're pulling the whole saw apart. If you want the clear the crap out between the tank and the crankcase, just pick the crap out and then blow it out.

If you can't get the brass fitting off that's attached to the 90 deg fitting take the fitting off the line at the other end. You should be able the drop the handle a bit to clear the fins once you get the carb and adapter and the 5 bolts holding the rear handle off. Not sure why you want to take the tank off unless you're pulling the whole saw apart. If you want the clear the crap out between the tank and the crankcase, just pick the crap out and then blow it out.
Thank you for the suggestions.
I needed to get the tank and handle off to replace the cracked cylinder.
I have already taken the line off, I found that I could access the fitting at a strange angle by removing the magneto. The other end of the oil line was covered in dirt and I didn't think I would be able to get to it.

I figured it would be easier to access the cylinder nuts with the fuel tank off, and while I had it that far apart I should go ahead and replace the crankcase gasket, crankshaft seals, and oil tank gasket. Also, I like things to be clean and there was a lot of dirt buildup between the tank and drivecase that required fuel tank removal to clean.

I figured it would be easier to access the cylinder nuts with the fuel tank off, and while I had it that far apart I should go ahead and replace the crankcase gasket, crankshaft seals, and oil tank gasket. Also, I like things to be clean and there was a lot of dirt buildup between the tank and drivecase that required fuel tank removal to clean.

If you are pulling it down that far, do you want a link to a Homelite repair manual. I can send you one to your inbox if you don't have one.

As far as I know they all came with standard 3/8 chain. I've never seen one with LP chain.

I did set one (XL-1) up with a roller nose bar and a standard 3/8 rim and ran LP on it and it was a bit slower than the standard 3/8.

Good.

When I count six teeth, I automatically think low profile.

Going to set it up with a mint 14” Homie hardnose.[emoji108]

The new Oregon 16”, D176 that it come in the box with don’t fit for squat. [emoji849]

Two happy ladies , waiting on the call for work . Going to do this Skil 947 next . The fins on the clutch/brake cover got me .
View attachment 671980
View attachment 671981

How does the duckbill attach on the lil XL i just got one in good shape runs but no oil missing the duck bill and the lines are almost ready to go so im going to tear it down and replace all the lines wonder if they have an oiler like a poulan micro? guess time to read up LOL....cute lil saws nice job.

How does the duckbill attach on the lil XL i just got one in good shape runs but no oil missing the duck bill and the lines are almost ready to go so im going to tear it down and replace all the lines wonder if they have an oiler like a poulan micro? guess time to read up LOL....cute lil saws nice job.

Make sure you tank some pics of the lines before you pull them. Snake ball in there. The duckbill goes onto the end of the upper line going into the oil tank. There should be a sintered plug on the end of the line and the duck bill fits i=over the end of that. There is supposed to be a 1/8" of the sintered plug showing so some air can be allowed in and it doesn't over oil.

If it's missing, put an appropriate piece of tubing in there as a sub but it will oil like crazy.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    189.4 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back