Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a hint"

Not sure on yours but;
Some of the Homies have an adjustable fast idle throttle trigger lock setting for when first starting the saw, especially when cold.
You pull the trigger to full throttle, then push in on that button, then turn the trigger loose and it's held at above idle speed, start the saw and then blip the trigger to bring the engine to normal carb adjust idle speed.

For example the EZ's have a small screw hidden for the adjustment and the air box cover has to be removed to see such and look at the front of the handle and you can see the head of a small silver colored stainless screw. It's a trial and error adjustment, If too slow kill the engine and adjust, then hold the trigger throttle at full open, push the trigger lock button in start the engine, blip the throttle trigger to automatically release the fast idle button and note the speed. If too fast before the trigger is blipped re-adjust with the engine not running and re-test, etc. The EZ is a fine threaded screw and takes several turns to get a response. Some of the EZ's start better with the trigger lock at a fast setting.
(AND most all EZ's prefer to be full choked when cold, get a pop then go to 1/2 choke to get a start and may have to run the saw at 1/2 choke during warm up to eventually get a good engine idle and some like to be 1/2 choked and the throttle button locked to get a fast start when they are warm))

another question. is there supposed to be a filter in the duckbill valve on the fuel cap? shows one in the IPL and mine only has the duckbill. I guess a better question would be will it actually suck dirt in there?

another question. is there supposed to be a filter in the duckbill valve on the fuel cap? shows one in the IPL and mine only has the duckbill. I guess a better question would be will it actually suck dirt in there?
It has one of those porous brass things in there.
IMG_0285.jpeg

that confirms it. my fast idle isn't working at all. need to open it up. thanks Steve. my IPL doesn't have any of those notes.
A couple pages out of the operators manual explains the simplex starting system.

Attachments

• XL-925 _super_ez_super_xl-ao_vi_super_mini_vi-955_xl-12 om-pages.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
just got my carb kit for the SXL925. anyone know what the stock settings for the low and high carb screws is supposed to be? low was at 2-3/4 out and high was at 1-1/4 out. doesn't seem right.

You found some good info about your question when you found this:
did some more reading on the goog. from what I can tell, the high speed should be less than 1 turn out, more like 1/2 turn out because of the high-speed nozzle. low speed will be what it will be by adjusting to idle with chain just stopping movement at idle.

I would keep a heads up and keep the jets tuned out as far as possible,, especially the H jet.
When the H jet is in too far this is the lean tune side. For example if it's seems really strong with the H jet at 1 turn out, turn the jet out 1/4 turn and test. Try to get it on the 4 stroke rich on gas sound side.

Sometimes a chainsaw carb will not even be close to the recommended start setting. I've seen the L jet be at 1/2 turn out and the H jet at 3/4 turn out for a rich tune.

You can find lots of info on this site and on-line about tuning for the 4 stroke sound (under load)

I've seen chainsaws ruin themselves in less than 2 min's under heavy load and running on the lean side due the engine overheating.

Back