How are used saws selling?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some more reasons why saw sales might be slow right now:
(1) Everybody spent a ton of dough on Christmas gifts and their bank accounts are low.
(2) Stock investors sold a bunch of dogs at year end and they may want to buy some back now.
(3) It's dang cold outside and nobody wants to go out and cut wood in a foot of snow.
(4) Chain saws make nice Christmas gifts and they just got bought in December.

Wood doctor.. And chainsaws make good christmas gifts, but the people who don't have CAD are possibly selling them now (or their old saw)

Here's some more reasons why saw sales might be slow right now:
(1) Everybody spent a ton of dough on Christmas gifts and their bank accounts are low.
(2) Stock investors sold a bunch of dogs at year end and they may want to buy some back now.
(3) It's dang cold outside and nobody wants to go out and cut wood in a foot of snow.
(4) Chain saws make nice Christmas gifts and they just got bought in December.

Capital gains are gonna hit "some folks"

Would my manhattan project 61 qualify? Husky body, Farmertec internals.. bearings, piston, cylinder, etc.. or does it need to be the entire saw?
It qualifies. Chinese saw build off is on, I'm setting the rules. Saw must have completely chinese engine, not OEM crank not OEM cylinder. OEM plastics are fine. Will post a thread soon.

Say what you want. But like I said earlier. I wish I had more used on the shelves.

I cant keep stihl husky poulan on the shelves. echo hard to move but pretty much sold all of them now too. :rock:

Need more used stock big time. :muscle:
Me too big time. I can generally move stihls faster than I can get them. No other saw sells. If you can sell poulans let me know, I'll help you out.

Last year at this time I was selling saws pretty regular, this year it's been months since someone has carted one off. I have a guy coming for firewood tomorrow and that has been pathetically slow too. Of course we've been having T-shirt weather here and now it is just starting to cool off a bit more. Very strange winter.
I was in the shop today and looked at my "for sale" inventory and I have about 8 saws ready for a date but no one asked them out. They range from a Husky 55, Stihl 028S, Stihl MS310, Stihl 039, MS390, Stihl 044, MS440, MS460. Only a few of them are advertised but just not much action. Don't recall it ever being this slow...
Not worried about it, eventually it'll turn around. I haven't been taking in saws lately because I haven't been sending any out the door. Plus I'm in thinning the herd mode...

Just told my wife I'm not gonna take in any more saws until I sell a few. Problem is, I don't have any for sale right now and probably won't try to sell any until after next week. I have several here that need rebuilt and that should keep me busy for awhile. I'm saving a few of my own saws back until about April or so before I rebuild them, customer saws I'd have to do right away.

It qualifies. Chinese saw build off is on, I'm setting the rules. Saw must have completely chinese engine, not OEM crank not OEM cylinder. OEM plastics are fine. Will post a thread soon.
The rest of the saw is swedish,.. I don't think the chinese make a Husky 65 knockoff I can steal the crank from.. I think my saw is out if the rotating assembly needs to be chinese.

The value of an items is determined by the desire of the buyers to have them. Just search around on Ebay, it tells the tale.

To have an item sell well on an auction, you need TWO (or more) people who want it.. if you only have one, they'll get it cheap

The Yazoo mower I got was one of those.. I got it for $50.. I spent a morning on it and had it running.. it's a pretty cool rig.. I've done more work now to get it in ship-shape... belts, idler bearings, etc, but once my dad bid up to $600 for one and didn't get it

If I sell all the Stihls I have for sale, I won't feel bad because I'll still have 3 026's, an 039, an 044, a couple of 046's a couple of MS660's, my 070 plus others. Plus I have enough carcasses to build up a heap of 1130 and 1123 saws. And waiting on repairs/rebuilds are another 026, an 036 pro and some more 1127 series saws. Then there's all the other projects of other brands...

Latest posts

Back