How do you guys haul your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats that in? and is that yalls up to date version of the 300?

Ford Falcon XR6...

It is a grandson to your 300 I6... this grandson has DOHC, and a turbo...

Kinda like how the Nissan Skyline's RB26DETT is the grandson of the L24E in my 1984 Maxima.

I've never been able to work out the US ute carrying capacities ?

Here it's what you can legally throw in the back, so you have little Japanese utes that are 1 tonners as they are able to carry 1 tonne/1000kg/2200lb.

I rekon they have a decent safety factor built in, there are too many lawers over here.

Our Government prides itself on protecting us from ourselves.

Ford Falcon XR6...

It is a grandson to your 300 I6... this grandson has DOHC, and a turbo...

Kinda like how the Nissan Skyline's RB26DETT is the grandson of the L24E in my 1984 Maxima.

More like a great, great grandson :msp_biggrin:

Ford Australia went their own way on the old inline six back in the late sixties/early seventies.
First a separate inlet manifold, then crossflow head, etc and it kept on evolving from there.

Whats that in? and is that yalls up to date version of the 300?

This is whats its in a Ford Falcon XR6

138320d1274694852-didg-camera-photos-009-jpg

This is whats its in a Ford Falcon XR6

138320d1274694852-didg-camera-photos-009-jpg

That is one sweet car Andrew, I have been thinking about getting one also but the sports suspension on my BA is just a bit to low for my liking. The FG suspension might be different though... Wish I could get the RTV with your engine - now that would be a nice ute :msp_thumbup:

How do you guys haul your saws?/ Fudge

dats rite, fudge...I goes to the bakery and get like cheap boxes of day old fudge. Then I hire big ole roly poly gals and have them haul my saws around and guard 'em when I ain't usin' 'em.

They get paid in fudge. Better than mules for totin, better than pitbulls fer guardin'

that's my story *and I'm stickin to it*

dats rite, fudge...I goes to the bakery and get like cheap boxes of day old fudge. Then I hire big ole roly poly gals and have them haul my saws around and guard 'em when I ain't usin' 'em.

They get paid in fudge. Better than mules for totin, better than pitbulls fer guardin'

that's my story *and I'm stickin to it*

You know the rules!

I have an excuse

You know the rules!

I kinda sorta accidentally like laid my cellphone down on the box of fudge. That's my only camera...it's ...just...gone. And I ain't gonna think about lookin fer it neither.... Musta had some fudge molecules smell on it or sumpin'....

...that's my second story and I'm a-gonna *stick to it*

That is one sweet car Andrew, I have been thinking about getting one also but the sports suspension on my BA is just a bit to low for my liking. The FG suspension might be different though... Wish I could get the RTV with your engine - now that would be a nice ute :msp_thumbup:

This one is for sale untill next wednesday then it gets traded in on a new one,i have got a RTV BF ute but its on gas and its got airbags for carting wood (like the truck ones) with air compresser and in cab controls,can put 2 ton on there no probs.:D

I use Tubs for my saws I drill two 22 mm holes and make a slot with the jig saw. stick the saw in and put its scabbard on

attachment.php

I usually put a oil soak pad in the bottom, There is plenty of room for fuel oils tools spare bar chain etc.

I put my PPE on top

attachment.php

I made this tube from some 90mm DWV with a screw on lid for any saw tools

attachment.php

The tool tube fits inside the tube.
The tubs can stack one on top of each other.
They come with lids
All my shelves and work benches are made to fit these tubs in or under them.

These tubs Keep the work site tidy/organised just pick up a tub and carry it near to were you are going to be cutting.

This one is for sale untill next wednesday then it gets traded in on a new one,i have got a RTV BF ute but its on gas and its got airbags for carting wood (like the truck ones) with air compresser and in cab controls,can put 2 ton on there no probs.:D

That does sound like a nice setup and if its not hanging it doesn't look overload either...
I am looking at a nice V8 BF at the moment - sports exhaust will be required ;)

I use Tubs for my saws I drill two 22 mm holes and make a slot with the jig saw. stick the saw in and put its scabbard on

attachment.php

Neat and well organised - very nice. Oh and great saw also :msp_thumbup:

I carry my 200t in the same box w/much of the same things inside. :D
My bigger saws ride right next to that box in the back of the truck.

I also added a piece of cardboard to the top of the lid, that makes a nice fuel/oil fill and work station when it's sat on the tailgate. Keeps all the bar nuts, air filters etc from falling/blowing/sliding away.

I like that tub/tote idea. My wife has a bunch of those in the basement for crafts, clothes etc. I'm sure she won't mind if I modify one for wood cutting use. It would free up some room in the toolbox on the pickup as well. Good idea!

My saws are usaualy "haulin' when we put them into some big old Hardwoods.

4 in the back and 1 in the front. My Geo Metro only holds 1/3 of my fleet :) That 50" bar on my CS-1001 in the middle goes all the way to my shifter...Bob

4 in the back and 1 in the front. My Geo Metro only holds 1/3 of my fleet :) That 50" bar on my CS-1001 in the middle goes all the way to my shifter...Bob

Nice LOL. In the back of my Hyundai Elantra today are a 192t, 200t, 346, 372, and a 660. About a thousand feet of rope, pole saws, and two sets of climbing gear are in the back seat. To top it off I came out at 5:30am to find the wife just put a sticker that says "Runner Girl" on the bumper too. LOL

Ya I usually wrap mine in a packing blanket or something and keep it in the cab in case it rains or I need to stop at a store or something. Don't want my saw wet or stolen if I can help it. Btw I'm envious Bob, I was just telling my wife today that I always wanted a geo metro to counteract the gas on my truck lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back